Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I can't find a clip online for some reason, but it's mentioned in every story.

One of the enduring images of the melee was Jackson defiantly storming through the tunnel, flashing his Pacers jersey and screaming at the fans, totally unafraid as people dumped drinks on him. O’Neal took the experience a little more personally, lunging for a fan who had tossed a drink his way before getting pulled away by Wesley and others. Another Pistons fan threw a chair in the general vicinity of a few exiting Pacers. Jamaal Tinsley left the court through the tunnel and returned holding a dustpan over his head, but was turned away before inflicting any damage. It seemed improbable that every Pacers player and coach would make it through the tunnel, but they did.

http://grantland.com/features/an-oral-history-malice-palace/

I need to know, are we talking like your industrial sized metal dustpan or a little plastic one? This is important.

Didn't Ben Wallace grow up on a farm?

You never **** with dudes that grew up on farms, and develop that classic country strong punching power

Never assume you are stronger than anyone that does manual labor for a living and has since they were young.  It's not just punching power, it's insane usable core strength.  I have played ball off and on with a guy that looks like a average middle aged dad.  Not tall, not big, there isn't a single thing about him that looks like he'd be strong.... until you try to body him up on the court.  If feels like trying to push around a stone statue that came to life and put on sneakers.  Country strong, is scary strong. 

Edited by Destino

Never assume you are stronger than anyone that does manual labor for a living and has since they were young. It's not just punching power, it's insane usable core strength. I have played ball off and on with a guy that looks like a average middle aged dad. Not tall, not big, there isn't a single thing about him that looks like he'd be strong.... until you try to body him up on the court. If feels like trying to push around a stone statue that came to life and put on sneakers. Country strong, is scary strong.

Yeah, that's what I meant, but since we were talking about fighting and all.... But yeah, it's mainly core strength. That's how all those skinny ass martial artists can be so devastating.

I never really understood, until I started getting boxing training in high school, and eventually started working out in the gym with other guys.

Little man strength

Country strong strength

Old man/hard times strength

Don't underestimate any of it, lol. It is amazing.

7 or 8 losses by the end of November means the Cavs would already be halfway to losing too many to hit 65 wins.

There is no ****ing way they come close to that number. Not this year anyway. You actually have to be a really good team to win 65.

Nate Silver doesn't know anything about basketball and his blog's NBA coverage is pretty useless.

Cleveland's next three: home against Spurs, @Washington, home against Toronto. There is a good chance they're 5-7 by next week.

They've lost to the Knicks and Nuggets but have beaten the Bulls and Hawks.  Right now it's all about those big three hitting shots.  They can go 3-0 or 0-3 and neither would come as a major surprise. 

Edited by Destino

IDK.

I take them as a team that rises up against good competition. 

65 wins is ludicrous though. I missed that prediction

You could be right. Three of their four losses were to bad teams they should have beaten. But Portland and Chicago are the only good teams that had a winning record last season that they've actually played so far, and they split those. We'll find something out about them over the next three.

That 65 win prediction came in a shameful, gushing article where Nate Silver was patting himself on the back so hard for this WAR style stat he'd come up with for each of Cleveland's players that had them winning 65 games. Actually I think he said they'd just win 63, because they'd be dominating the East so hard they'd forfeit games down the stretch by resting their stars.

It showed a total lack of awareness of pretty basic concepts like player roles that invalidated his method for his prediction entirely. He doesn't know anything about basketball.

I wouldn't be surprised if they dubbed Toronto. Not because they're better but because they have something to prove

I'd be surprised. Toronto isn't that great on the road but they do play defense and they usually play hard.

But I also get the feeling Toronto is scared of some teams/players. Like Chicago. Maybe Cleveland too?

They've lost to the Knicks and Nuggets but have beaten the Bulls and Hawks.  Right now it's all about those big three hitting shots.  They can go 3-0 or 0-3 and neither would come as a major surprise.

I'd hesitate to consider Atlanta a good team.

Howard better have a strained knee tonight. It just looks bad and the announce crew is saying that no one knew right up until game time. Howard just decided it hurts too bad.

I'm just saying, people were already calling him a **** and soft.

Yes. With all 7 games at the Wells Fargo center in Philadelphia.

Lol. I'll name my firstborn after him if Adam Silver did that

Is Dwight even on the bench? I don't see him. If he's not even in the bench, home game, he's so ****ing Kobe. Seriously, KD knew exactly wtf he was talking about. Dude is a ****

• Like 2

Is it me or do there seem to be more bad teams this year so far in the NBA? I know injuries are playing a big part with OKC and Indy, but the East is filled with mediocre teams save for maybe the top 3-4 teams and while they West is much better, they have some pretty bad teams at the bottom as well.

Maybe it's just some teams that are underperforming like Charlotte, Cleveland, Miami, etc...I don't know, just seems like lots of bad teams this year.

OKC needs to find a way to win this game. Wins are hard to come by right now, but they have got to get a handful of them before KD and Westbrook get back to keep the season alive.

What's the record for longest winless streak to start a season? Because looking at Philly's schedule, they have to be in position to break it.

The league should punish that front office. Take away their draft pick. Demote them to the D League and give all of their remaining opponents the night off. They make a mockery of the league.

What's the record for longest winless streak to start a season? Because looking at Philly's schedule, they have to be in position to break it.

The league should punish that front office. Take away their draft pick. Demote them to the D League and give all of their remaining opponents the night off. They make a mockery of the league.

18. The 09/10 Nets. Don't remember that at all.

David Stern would have killed them.

I don't know about that.

I think Stern retiring and Silver taking over was the best possible thing that could've happened to the NBA. Stern was soooo 2-3 decades ago. The League desperately needed new blood and a fresh take at the top. They got just that and to be honest. Silver has absolutely exceeded my expectations. Love the job he's done so far and I trust him to make a move on the Sixers much more than I would've trusted Stern.

(And it--the change in leadership--happened at the perfect time. The NFL is seriously on the ropes. And I have no idea why they trust a major player in putting them there--Goodell--to also be the one to get them off the ropes. The NFL is gonna remain in trouble as long as Goodell is heading things. Just watch.)

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

18. The 09/10 Nets. Don't remember that at all.

Oh yeah that's right. That was the Wall sweepstakes. That awful team ended up dropping two spots in the lottery IIRC (in what was supposed to be a year with a big two in Wall and Turner) and got Derrick Favors. Then they flipped him and a bunch of other players for Deron Williams during his rookie season.

The Nets have become the Redskins of the NBA.