Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

*thinks of awful things to do Kirk Hinrich*

What'd Hinrich do?

(Quick sidenote to end the day, I got to say, loving the effort to talk **** through the day. See, we'll survive the BSBan just fine.

Honestly, thinking about it, really the only positive thing about BS was he was ALWAYS on, would ALWAYS respond and never seemed to mind that he ALWAYS sounded like an idiot. So yeah, more thought on it, starting to agree with a few of the others who think we'll ultimately be better off. **** talking just means so much more when BOTH sides bring BOTH comedy AND logic.)

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

*thinks of awful things to do Kirk Hinrich*

I saw it, not sure if I agree with continuation on that call. I thought the NBA had signaled that they were going to crack down on that? That they wanted guys only going to the line if they were actually in the act of shooting, not just "gathering themselves for the attempt" which is code for "feel contact, throw up some bull****".

Just lookedit up....

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7329584/nba-alters-emphasis-shooting-fouls-2011-12

Also, on drives to the basket, a shooting foul will be called only if contact occurs after the offensive player has begun his shooting motion, not after he has initiated his leap toward the basket.

"Certain types of contact involving the shooter were all being called in his favor," Jackson said. "It doesn't look good for the game. There was a strong feeling that those types of plays were creating an ill-advised reward for the shooter, often with three free throws."

Edited by Destino

Curry with the game winner. When is the last time Wall hit one of those?

I can't remember, Wall isn't a guy I generally want taking shots with the game on the line.  If you're hoping to anger Wizards fans by pointing out Curry is a better shooter.... I mean you might as well start pointing out which players are taller, you're just spitting out factual information.  Curry is one of the best shooters I've ever seen. 

He did put 30 and 12 on the magic the last time he played them.  Curry had a nice night too though.  Those Orlando Magics are rough.   

Edited by Destino

One of the most annoying experiences in basketball is when the guy you are covering makes a bull**** off balance banked in three with the game on the line.  Happens in pick up game way more often than it should. 

Incredible shot.

Is anyone else tired of the "he didn't call glass" cliche that commentators always, ALWAYS say after somebody banks a jumper?

They should just call it what it is, luck.  Give him that same shot 20 more times and he misses 20.  Banked in floater for three?  Were his eyes closed too?  lol

Wiggins and Parker are the rookies of the month, which speaks to how little the rookie class has contributed so far.It's been so rough Bogdanovic has been the closest competition.

Watched some of the end of the Hawks game and man, He's not quite to the top 5 or 6 guards at this point but Jeff Teague has been so fun to watch this year.

Also, Philly pulling away from the T-Wolves. Was really hoping to see the 0 for 18.