Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

If Bogut were to win a DPOY and help GS to a 1 or 2 seed, does that justify him as worthy of being a #1/#1 (even if it's for a different team than the one who drafted him)?

Philly is one loss away from tying the worst start ever.

I think it does. You know who I've always wondered about on that question? Tyson Chandler. It took a couple of teams and an extended period--and he never really lived up to his high school hype--but in that **** draft, was he worth that top 3 pick? And what would have happened if we had taken him over Kwame? Maybe he absolutely HAD to take that path in his career to reach the heights he has (DPOY).

(And of course Gasol should've been the top pick but EVERYONE knew that wasn't happen with Jordan making the pick. **** you MJ and **** you Kukoč.)

Centers seem to be a risky draft choice in large part because they tend to do their best work on teams that didn't draft them. No draft position is ever justified by what happens on another team, at least not to the team that wasted the pick.

Edited by Destino

Agreed it doesn't make the pick justifiable for the original team if they finally live up to the potential on another team. I do think it justifies the pick for the player though. They can't be called a bust anymore.

True.  Plus Bogut was a good player for Milwaukee, just was injured all the time.  He is no Kwame or Candyman or LaRue Martin, who just weren't any good.    

Durant back tonight

The first month of this season couldn't have gone worse for the Thunder. Not only did they feel the full effect of losing Westbrook and Durant in the W/L column. The rest of the good teams in the West all got off to extremely fast starts.

Again, seven teams are over 70% for their win % in the West so far. And it didn't help that the Thunder played a lot of games in Novemeber.

It's going to be fascinating to see OKC try and play catch up the rest of the way. They can probably catch Phoenix for the 8th seed. But it'll be very hard to go higher than that.

They would be a scary 8 seed. Memphis and LA would want no part of them in the first round. Don't think San Antonio or Golden State would either.

I think Bogut can be the difference in whether or not GS can make some serious noise this postseason. He's been hurt these last two years.

I've always thought that when they are hitting on all cylinders, there isn't a team in the league that can beat them. Getting Bogut in there in April/May will make a big difference.

It's going to be fascinating to see OKC try and play catch up the rest of the way. They can probably catch Phoenix for the 8th seed. But it'll be very hard to go higher than that.

They would be a scary 8 seed. Memphis and LA would want no part of them in the first round. Don't think San Antonio or Golden State would either.

No one wants any part of them.  Durant absolutely owns GS.   

I'm praying for a 1v8 of Oakland (aka Golden State) and Oklahoma City. That would just be awesome. The only thing that would make it any better would be if Predickto's tears taste like bacon. Hopefully he doesn't disappear on us and we find out.

EmiUIFo.gif

Damn.  Some serious hostility in GACOLB's post there.   I'm not the one who hates the Wizards.  

Besides, I wish I could disappear.  I've wasted a decade on this message board.   :)  

Agreed on bubble. Also I think S talk is part of sports that makes it fun when it's kept clean, and bubble did that. He was wrong all the time but he was fun. I'd like him and mcD5(I think that was his name) back. People that are hilariously and shamelessly wrong but willing to just keep throwing their crazy declarations out there are fun. Remember the claim of the magic being the best playoff team ever? Hahaha 

agreed.  

but it really is amazing how CONSISTENTLY wrong that dude was on every single subject in the whole universe of things to be wrong about... things that i didn't think it was possible to be wrong about... we was basically bizzaro man-- wrong on every single subject under the sun.

(and i assume that he is not dead?  and i should stop talking about him in a hushed mortuary tone.....) 

• Like 2

A few weeks. Mod confirmed in PM. Think it was something in the MLB thread that was the final straw

Agreed. Is what it is though

Yeah, Jumbo warned us about all the shenanigans in there.  Heck, you got a temp ban and you didn't even say anything that bad lol.  

But yeah, my man was passionate about the Hornets and Braves, ultimately to his demise :(  I'm most likely the only remaining Hornets and Braves fan on the boards.

Too bad the Hornets homecoming thing isn't working out.

He should've known once i posted that uni/Wild Berry Pop Tart comparison pic that things just weren't meant to be.  Poor guy was talking about that years ago, like the coming of Christ or something

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Honestly, I don't think anyone hates the Wizards. You have to win, and win consistently to develop a haters club.

I think it comes down to players too.  Who hates the Spurs?  Most people only remember they exist when their team plays them or the playoffs come around.  I hate the Clippers and they have never won ****.  It's because when you actually watch them you realize that Griffin and Paul flop constantly (and laughably) and complain the entire game.  I'm not a big fan of Houston right now because James Harden's game makes me want to petition the league to make running into defender and throwing up some bull**** twice in a 2 minute span a flagrant 2.

There are others but I feel that I've made my point.   

• Like 1

Too bad the Hornets homecoming thing isn't working out.

He should've known once i posted that uni/Wild Berry Pop Tart comparison pic that things just weren't meant to be.  Poor guy was talking about that years ago, like the coming of Christ or something

Yeah, watching the Hornets play right now is not a fun experience to say the least.  After last year, I thought no way we would be anything lower than a 6th seed, most likely 5th seed, over achieve and get some help from other teams a 4 seed.  

Now we look like a watermelon seed, spit out on the ground at a gas station to be trampled over by random people passing through......

My bad Predicto. Totally forgot we still had a Hornets fan to point and laugh at. Don't Taze Me, hope you're up for the task...

Btw, anyone else having problems with this thread? Seems like it keeps getting bumped back to two year old posts. You know, when the opinion of Heat fans mattered. Weird.

My bad Predicto. Totally forgot we still had a Hornets fan to point and laugh at. Don't Taze Me, hope you're up for the task...

Btw, anyone else having problems with this thread? Seems like it keeps getting bumped back to two year old posts. You know, when the opinion of Heat fans mattered. Weird.

Hmm. I` never had a problem with it. Key word "Never".... should a [so historically irrelevant I forgot the name] fans voice be heard until they've at least gotten out of the second round.

I don't acknowledge teams to a certain degree until they at least accomplish that.

Unfortunately they don't hand out house cup titles in December. Shouldn't y'all be fighting Voldemort or something?

Edited by Mr. Sinister

I think it comes down to players too.  Who hates the Spurs?  Most people only remember they exist when their team plays them or the playoffs come around.  I hate the Clippers and they have never won ****.  It's because when you actually watch them you realize that Griffin and Paul flop constantly (and laughably) and complain the entire game.  I'm not a big fan of Houston right now because James Harden's game makes me want to petition the league to make running into defender and throwing up some bull**** twice in a 2 minute span a flagrant 2.

There are others but I feel that I've made my point.

Mavs fans hate the Spurs. But that's about it. The Spurs are the most anonymous dynasty team I can remember.