Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

6 minutes ago, Destino said:

CP3 has been begging for a punch in the face for years now.  What Rondo did was practically a public service. 

Oh CP is totally a dick. I just hate seeing people getting spit on. Gives me flashbacks to an incident of my own and how black out mad I got. I have only tried to kill one person in my life and it was cause she spit in my face. 

Other than that **** CP 

Why aren't suspensions being handed out for **** like this?

Drummond got his 2nd T on top of it too. Someone flops like that, how do you not just swing on em? They wanna fall down, give em a reason to. Though I have little self control.

Edited by CRobi21
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Griffin might get 50 tonight.

@stevemcqueen1

commented about Griffin before.  He's shooting like 75% from 3 point range this season with a pretty high usage rate.  His career average is 32.9% and last year he was at 34.5%.  I've been pretty down on his future (though, I did say he'd make some more All Star teams) and Detroit trading for him, but if he's a 40% 3 point shooter going forward that changes things.

(Now, I suspect he'll hit a cold streak and while ending up over his career average, he'll end up below 40% this year and on average be below 40% for the rest of his career.)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He's still a good player.  Detroit is off to a great start.

Joel Embiid's act has already worn thin for me.  He's a punk ass who runs his mouth constantly despite the fact he hasn't done ****.  Philly has become a really easy team to hate.

Weren't you the one explaining last year why you thought Embiid wasn't going to last long in the NBA?  Something about how he's built, previous injury history, etc.

39 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He's still a good player.  Detroit is off to a great start.

Joel Embiid's act has already worn thin for me.  He's a punk ass who runs his mouth constantly despite the fact he hasn't done ****.  Philly has become a really easy team to hate.

you gotta relax

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

He's like a lot of youngins that can't quite yet navigate the bridge between quotable/charming/social media hero and ****y/gump/ dude that catches a 3 piece biscuit with some dirty rice on the side.

He's got too much Odell Beckam in him.  And too much Javale McGee.  Gump thinks he won something because he got an opposing player thrown out on a candy ass flop even though his team lost.  Shades of JaVale hanging on the rim and screaming after dunking to finally get the lamest triple double in NBA history during a 30 point loss to the Bulls.

There should be an unwritten rule that, if it's your fifth year in the league and you haven't even played 3,000 minutes total yet, you don't get to say anything negative about any other player.  Surprised no one has taken him aside and told him to shut up and stop being a clown.  Stop being so desperate for attention.

That Philly team is really unlikable.  They tanked to an unprecedented degree to luck into a bunch of #1 overall guys.  They think they're hot **** because they ran off 17 wins in a row against 14 tanking teams at the end of last season.  Blegh.  They've actually made me kind of like and pull for Boston and Toronto, and that is not a comfortable place for me.  I mean I don't love them, but those teams have nice players who play the right way and don't talk ****.  And they never tanked to get to where they are.  Mainly I just hope Philly never wins anything with this group.  I hope Boston and Toronto are in their way forever.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm just gonna marinate for a bit, and  marvel at the fact that my nephew might have better shooting ability than their combined backcourt

:ols:

I'm still afraid of them.  Not as much as I was now that Fultz is looking like a bust.  And I think they've screwed some other things up.  But that is still too much ill-gotten talent for comfort.

And part of me is also going to be disappointed if they never realize their potential because it would be a huge waste.

But the bigger part of me thinks that flagrantly, shamelessly, publicly tanking and pretending like you've got some master plan that's outfoxing the whole league so you can still sell tickets while you flounder around in the dregs of the NBA should never work.  It should never be rewarded with a championship.

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm still afraid of them.  Not as much as I was now that Fultz is looking like a bust.  And I think they've screwed some other things up.  But that is still too much ill-gotten talent for comfort.

We need to chart your opinions on the 76ers on a week to week basis going forward.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

:ols:

And part of me is also going to be disappointed if they never realize their potential because it would be a huge waste.

But the bigger part of me thinks that flagrantly, shamelessly, publicly tanking and pretending like you've got some master plan that's outfoxing the whole league so you can still sell tickets while you flounder around in the dregs of the NBA should never work.  It should never be rewarded with a championship.

It probably won't. Not for awhile. And who knows,  maybe by the time they're ready, maybe one of them wants to play elsewhere. Saw what happened with teams like OKC and Orlando way back when

I love the trash talk, and Embiid is super entertaining.  Highly skilled, not dirty, and always ready to say something with a mischevious smirk on his face.  He’s the opposite of so many other players whose public personas set off every bull**** detector in my head.  That said, what he’s doing isn’t smart.  The sports media is a bunch of vampires that celebrate players to talking candidly before inevitably turning on them.  He keeps giving them quotes and eventually they’ll spin one into some drama that get them those sweet sweet article clicks and a Embiid will be forced to uttering cliches by his agent, just like everyone else.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Destino said:

I love the trash talk, and Embiid is super entertaining.  Highly skilled, not dirty, and always ready to say something with a mischevious smirk on his face.  He’s the opposite of so many other players whose public personas set off every bull**** detector in my head.  That said, what he’s doing isn’t smart.  The sports media is a bunch of vampires that celebrate players to talking candidly before inevitably turning on them.  He keeps giving them quotes and eventually they’ll spin one into some drama that get them those sweet sweet article clicks and a Embiid will be forced to uttering cliches by his agent, just like everyone else. 

I don't like trash talking in the media.  I think it's weak.  I like competitive fire and I don't mind trashtalking as much when it's coming in the flow of a game.  But I don't like it when young, dumb players starting getting a whole bunch of undeserved credit and popping off publicly when they haven't proven themselves at all.

I like the more serious and professional players.  Grant Hill was my favorite player when I first started following the NBA in the early 90's.  Duncan and Dirk were my favorite players growing up.  I don't care if the snark-driven sports entertainment landscape found them lame.  To me they were the ideal stars.  No drama or selfishness.  That doesn't mean I want my star player to shut up and dribble.  I greatly admire Bill Russell, he is one of my favorite players in any sport.  I greatly admire LeBron despite finding a lot of his prima donna act on the court annoying.  I just want players to be serious and professional and represent themselves well in the public and put their teams above themselves.

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I just want players to be serious and professional and represent themselves well in the public and put their teams above themselves.

They play basketball, there is room for personalities. Most players fit the mold you describe, but there is room for the other guys too. Embiid, in totality, is fun and good for the league. He seems self aware enough to know its gonna blow back at some point and he still puts himself out there.

I sincerely hope he doesn't start spitting cliche bull**** later in his career.

• Like 1