Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

35 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

LeBron James has stated that he would like to own an NBA and NFL franchise in the future. 

I know the Cavs were his childhood team in the NBA...the Cowboys are his NFL team. 

Oh and the Lakers are winning without 2 key players. Isn't Ball among the top shooters from 3 so far this season ? 

McGee just needed gold in his uniform. 

Y'all just lucky he can't shoot 3's. LeBron would mind Push that joker permanently out beyond the arc and rename him Javale Petrovic 

• Haha 2

My goodness that is nothing like Redskins or Lakers gold. *shutters*...

I can go to a dealership right now, and pick up a brand new 100k car...and spend just a few grand. 

LeBron can indeed get the Cowboys...if he wants to take it that far, and is willing to pay the price. 

He will need investors most likely, but..he has built the credit...and the LeBron brand. 

Jordan owns the Hornets for the exact same reason. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Y'all just lucky he can't shoot 3's. LeBron would mind Push that joker permanently out beyond the arc and rename him Javale Petrovic 

HAHA,  I prefer him closer to the paint. Besides LeBron and Kuz they seem afraid of that painted area. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

What are you talking about you old coot. Lonzo is shooting 30% from 3 with 5 attempts a game. Terrible 

Old coot is what yo mama has. Sorry son, we'll meet someday. 

I'm old, maybe it was best shooting % ? Whipper snapper, mind your elders. Clearly you looked it up. So go ahead and inform pops what Mr. Ball is in the top as far as shooting. I know I heard something about it that shocked me. 

Edited by Kosher Ham
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

My goodness that is nothing like Redskins or Lakers gold. *shutters*...

Agreed, not many of us liked them.

I can go to a dealership right now, and pick up a brand new 100k car...and spend just a few grand. 

LeBron can indeed get the Cowboys...if he wants to take it that far, and is willing to pay the price. 

He will need investors most likely, but..he has built the credit...and the LeBron brand. 

Jordan owns the Hornets for the exact same reason. 

Idk, Kosh, Jordan got together $275 million to take majority ownership of the bobcats.  Cowboys are worth $4.8 billion right now, that's a different animal. 

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Idk, Kosh, Jordan got together $275 million to take majority ownership of the bobcats.  Cowboys are worth $4.8 billion right now, that's a different animal. 

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nba/charlotte-hornets/article198835139.html

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The Bobcats cost 275 million at the time?

From the article...

Forbes’ estimate suggests the Hornets had operating income of $21 million in 2017, on revenues of $202 million. Forbes noted the Hornets have approximately 11,000 season-ticket holders and have recent advertising deals on their uniforms with LendingTree and Jordan Brand.

And this is from another... for Steve...

According to an NBA source familiar with the terms of Johnson’s deal with Jordan, it was based on a franchise value of $287 million. That same source said Jordan’s upfront cash outlay was approximately $30 million. Most of Jordan’s financial responsibility was assuming debt Johnson took on in the start-up cost of the expansion franchise in 2004.

23 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@Kosher Ham I'm not saying he didn't do that, I'm saying that is chump change considerng what it would take to get the Cowboys.  Browns I think are least valuable team in NFL and would be right around the corner, that's more realistic 

I hate when that happens.

Anyway.  Invests...that is how he is making more and more money. 

Chump change. Is what is takes.  30M... he is good to go. 

It is more. 

Edited by Kosher Ham

2 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

I hate when that happens.

Anyway.  Invests...that is how he is making more and more money. 

Chump change. Is what is takes.  30M... he is good to go. 

It is more. 

I mean, do we gotta look at the process of buying NFL teams lately?  What makes you think Stephen Jones would sell the Cowboys after his dad dies anyway?  

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I mean, do we gotta look at the process of buying NFL teams lately?  What makes you think Stephen Jones would sell the Cowboys after his dad dies anyway?  

Oh...please go down this road. 

First off, I tried to explain it, I think you ignored that part. 

Second, haha, are you really trying to bring the son into this ? He is not where you want to go with this. 

Third...can't we just look at how the financial state of things are ? 

Fourth.............stop. Not me. 

Fifth, come on man. You know. 

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

The guy who owns the Panthers is worth $11 billion before he even bought the team for $2.2 billion.  

How much are the Redskins worth ? 

I think Snyder paid around 800 or so. 

Hmm. 

1 hour ago, Kosher Ham said:

Oh...please go down this road. 

First off, I tried to explain it, I think you ignored that part. 

Second, haha, are you really trying to bring the son into this ? He is not where you want to go with this. 

Third...can't we just look at how the financial state of things are ? 

Fourth.............stop. Not me. 

Fifth, come on man. You know. 

How much are the Redskins worth ? 

I think Snyder paid around 800 or so. 

Hmm. 

Chill, I didn't ignore it.  I just believe the capital he'll need to get together even with help is going to be outside his range.  

Snyder was worth half a billion dollars when he bought the redskins.  There cats buying NFL team now are multi-billionaires. That's what he'll be competing with when he tries something like that.

If you don't want to get into Stephen Jones, fine, it's an NBA thread anyway. I think it's an interesting topic, but I don't agree that's gonna happen or even makes sense.  It's the most valuable franchise in the world, that's a tall order, man.

Edited by Renegade7

14 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Chill, I didn't ignore it.  I just believe the capital he'll need to get together even with help is going to be outside his range.  

Snyder was worth half a billion dollars when he bought the redskins.  There cats buying NFL team now are multi-billionaires. That's what he'll be competing with when he tries something like that.

If you don't want to get into Stephen Jones son, fine, it's an NBA thread anyway. I think it's an interesting topic, but I don't agree that's gonna happen or evem makes sense.  It's the most valuable franchise in the world, that's a tall order, man.

I'm gonna have to agree here, last year jeter's group payed 1.2 billion for the Miami marlins... The Miami Marlins. This was a 16 member group in order to raise enough money that also included Jordan.  Lebron may be marketable but doubt he is rolling in the cash like Jordan and Jeter.  Not to mention how much the Dallas Cowbys would sell for, no way he is any where near that ballpark.

• Like 1

I think Jeter's total contribution to the Marlins' purchase was something like $10 million, and he's drawing a salary from the team. He owns 4 percent more of the Marlins than I do.

Also, if I had to guess, Lebron could probably buy Jeter and have enough left over to buy Bernie Williams' master tapes as well. Baseball players typically make all their money from salary, because endorsements from baseball players are lame.

Lebron is not going to buy a sports franchise in the traditional sense. He's going to buy 5 or 10 percent and be named managing partner eventually.

I hate all of you. Have I stated that recently? I feel like I should announce it weekly just so we are all on the same page.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I think Jeter's total contribution to the Marlins' purchase was something like $10 million, and he's drawing a salary from the team. He owns 4 percent more of the Marlins than I do.

Also, if I had to guess, Lebron could probably buy Jeter and have enough left over to buy Bernie Williams' master tapes as well. Baseball players typically make all their money from salary, because endorsements from baseball players are lame.

Lebron is not going to buy a sports franchise in the traditional sense. He's going to buy 5 or 10 percent and be named managing partner eventually.

I hate all of you. Have I stated that recently? I feel like I should announce it weekly just so we are all on the same page.

Ok you were right about Jeter, would have thought the international draw of the Yankees would have drive this up, but I was wrong.

Derek Jeter net worth:
$185 Million

LeBron James net worth:
$440 Million

Michael Jordan net worth:
$1.65 Billion

This is just the net worth mind you not what they would be sold for, that would likely be significantly higher.  This is going to require Paul Allen/Steve Ballmer kind of money.

The Panthers sold for 2.275 billion, and are the 21st most valuable franchise. Tepper who purchased them is worth over 10 Billion.  I would bet it would cost every bit of 7 billion for the Cowboys... Anyways interesting conversation.

Edited by dcdiscokid

20 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

they actually got a coach this year

i'm curious to see what Budenholzer gets out of them 

He never had top end talent in Atlanta like he has in Milwaukee.  If he can get 60 out of this Milwaukee team... he'd be unanimous COY.  And Milwaukee would be a terrifying match up for either Toronto or Boston.

If Houston gets Jimmy Butler and Giannis makes the leap to playing like young LeBron, this might actually be a fun season.