Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

We've gone over this Ad nauseam in the Wizards thread, I've lost patience with the "he's not used correctly" excuse for Otto.  He's the highest paid player on the team this year, either demand to be used differently, publicly at this point, or learn to play differently.   The man has more excuses then handles, and that seems to be the constant excuse to make further excuses for him.  You can keep doing it, you've made good points before, but I'm done.  Otto needs to change to change my mind. 

KAT and Wiggins are soft, Beal and Wall are not.  If we're crazy enough to take a flyer on Howard this is right up our alley.  Maybe I need to see more Butler play, timid is not what comes to mind.  I'm tired of our third star playing like his locker is in the boiler room and someone took his stapler, I'm fine with a little nasty aggression right now. 

Otto is not soft man.  He's the best defensive player and tough rebounder on the team and he's also the best shotmaker.  I don't know why you've taken to scapegoating him so intensively but it's bizarre.

4 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Otto is not soft man.  He's the best defensive player and tough rebounder on the team and he's also the best shotmaker.  I don't know why you've taken to scapegoating him so intensively but it's bizarre.

Scapegoating would be to on insinuate I'm blaming him for us losing, that's not where I am with this team (think it's more us looking like 4 on 5 a lot with out attrocious center play).

It's the expectations that come with him being our third max player and supposed to be third star.  If he wasn't making max, I wouldn't be this hard on him.  I can only go what he says and what he does, he's still acting like a really good glue player, we never shoulda given him that money if he couldn't break out of that mindset.  That much money he should be demanding the ball, but I never get that vibe from him.  Ever.

It's frustration, Steve.  Hes not aggressive or assertive enough to deserve to be a max player and that effects the rest of the payroll with that contract.  Feel like you and Des are two of the few people left trying to make most of the fact he just doesn't demand the ball enough to be a max player.  His efficiency doesn't match his production, he's a 14/6 player because he seems fine with that role.  That contract makes that role unacceptable to me, it wouldn't take much to address it, but it never happens, same thing and over again.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Hes not aggressive or assertive enough to deserve to be a max player and that effects the rest of the payroll with that contract. 

He deserves a max contract because that's what the market said he was worth when he hit free agency.  We didn't arbitrarily give him that deal, we matched the offer sheet he signed with Brooklyn.  The choices at the time were keep one of our best players or let him walk for nothing and still not have any cap space.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He deserves a max contract because that's what the market said he was worth when he hit free agency.  We didn't arbitrarily give him that deal, we matched the offer sheet he signed with Brooklyn.  The choices at the time were keep one of our best players or let him walk for nothing and still not have any cap space.

That sounds like something someone would say about Kirk Cousins.  I don't need a history leason, I was here when it happened, too.

I'm not going to change my position just because we were forced into it.  Saying he's one of our best players misses my point, so please don't come at me with "what would you have done instead", that's like telling me to shut up an eat my **** pie. Even if I told you, it's irrelevant and doesn't address our current situation, which is Otto being underutilized and him being fine with it.

It's getting old.

So CP3 is tryin to say Rondo spit in his face. Replays look like Rondo wasn't even looking at Paul when Paul stepped to him... :rolleyes:

Then he tried to say he "threw spit" at him... :rolleyes:

Hope this puts a spotlight on the dirty player/punk ***** that CP3 is.

• Like 4

Cp3 is a **** and always has been. I assume it’s his short man complex but he’s also just a punk. 

5 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Golden State over Toronto in the Finals in six.  Kawhi wins MVP.  Curry wins Finals MVP.

I've already seen enough.  These two teams are better than everyone else.

If curry didn’t win finals mvp last year I don’t see him winning it 

4 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

So CP3 is tryin to say Rondo spit in his face. Replays look like Rondo wasn't even looking at Paul when Paul stepped to him... :rolleyes:

Then he tried to say he "threw spit" at him... :rolleyes:

Hope this puts a spotlight on the dirty player/punk ***** that CP3 is.

?

Rondo is looking at Paul.  Paul wipes something from his face, and then goes at Rondo.

I don't know if Rondo spit at him, but it certainly looks like he could have.

1 hour ago, PeterMP said:

?

Rondo is looking at Paul.  Paul wipes something from his face, and then goes at Rondo.

I don't know if Rondo spit at him, but it certainly looks like he could have.

in one video is seems like Paul caught some accidental spittle from Melo and thought it was Rondo

Rondo & CP3 must have history for it to go here this fast

People will whine about how ratings are sky high or how the league doesn't need rivalry, well something like this is going to inflame passions and make people tune in. The old NBA I grew up watching had heated rivalries. Guys freaking got CLOTHESLINED. The Pistons always made it a matter to give a little something extra after the play ;)

These days, everyone grew up going to a basketball camp, they were friends back then and friends today, so the league is all buddies which is kind of pathetic. The NBA really needs more fights, not excusing the spitting, just saying that more contact and more passion like this is good for the game. 

2 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

People will whine about how ratings are sky high or how the league doesn't need rivalry, well something like this is going to inflame passions and make people tune in. The old NBA I grew up watching had heated rivalries. Guys freaking got CLOTHESLINED. The Pistons always made it a matter to give a little something extra after the play ;)

These days, everyone grew up going to a basketball camp, they were friends back then and friends today, so the league is all buddies which is kind of pathetic. The NBA really needs more fights, not excusing the spitting, just saying that more contact and more passion like this is good for the game. 

Which is great, but it was terrible basketball. 

Give me what we're seeing now on the court, plus the pettiness through social media, and the occasional dust-up, and I'm good. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

is it me or have final scores been sky high this first week? 

I think we could be seeing the beginning of a trend for the season.  Offense is up.  Pace of play is up.  People are shooting threes and getting to the FT line.

I can't think of many teams that are looking to slow down pace and grind in the half court any more.

10 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think we could be seeing the beginning of a trend for the season.  Offense is up.  Pace of play is up.  People are shooting threes and getting to the FT line.

I can't think of many teams that are looking to slow down pace and grind in the half court any more.

its worth looking into this season. Last night, Phoenix was the only team who didn't reach 100pts

Dallas beat Minnesota 140 - 136 in regulation

Indiana put up 132 in regulation

almost all of the other games had both teams scoring over 110pts

on a different note, I sincerely hope Embiid stays this way. The league needs funny big dudes:

Edited by StillUnknown