Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I certainly didn't expect the Lakers to win last night. 

I saw LeBron trying to lead, and I saw some of those young guys trying to step up to the challenge. 

Just a matter of time for it to all start clicking and they get the confidence. 

3 point shooting can not be ignored though. That needs to be a huge focus for this team to be successful going forward this season. 

I think the 3 point shooting will improve. So much pressure on them now with LeBron and many pundits expectations...they will figure it out enough to slide into at least a 5 seed. 

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

That's more like it.  He's damn good.  A bit unsung in how he lives at the FT line.  But what can you do with him?  He's burnt his bridge in Minnesota.  Maybe the team asked him to play hard and boost his trade value?

I don't think you have to ask Butler to play hard. He might be an asshole off the court, but he's too much of a competitor to dog it on the floor

KAT is in dire need of a good showing. After taking a good part of the lashing from Butler, he's looked pretty timid in these first two games.

17 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

That's more like it.  He's damn good.  A bit unsung in how he lives at the FT line.  But what can you do with him?  He's burnt his bridge in Minnesota.  Maybe the team asked him to play hard and boost his trade value?

I want to package Otto.  One minute you put a radioactive sticker on his forehead, I think he'll fall in love with Beal and Wall's impatience and fit right in. Anything to get Lionel Richie off the team. Dancing on the ceiling lookin ass.

13 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I want to package Otto.  One minute you put a radioactive sticker on his forehead, I think he'll fall in love with Beal and Wall's impatience and fit right in. Anything to get Lionel Richie off the team. Dancing on the ceiling lookin ass. 

You've got the wrong read on Otto.  But regardless of that, you can't trust Butler at all.  That guy is a prick and he has zero conscience about burning his team to the ground to get what he wants.  He did it to Chicago and now Minnesota too. He's become the Adrian Dantley of this generation.  He plays for himself.  Wall and Beal are not about that and there would be literal fist fights in practice and film sessions.  They would hate him.

2 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

so Kawhi is still that dude apparently

boston gonna have to work to make the finals

Yeah he looks 100% the same as the guy he was in 2016.  That dude faked his injury and sandbagged the Spurs to get his way.

This generation of NBA stars are so ****ing slimy and selfish.  They don't get held accountable for any ****ty thing they do.  It's just 100% hero worship from the bootlicking fans and media.  Dwight Howard was the last NBA star who was properly hated for being a gross, fake ass **** and that was notably before ESPN mortgaged their empire to buy the broadcasting rights to the NBA.

16 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

You've got the wrong read on Otto.  But regardless of that, you can't trust Butler at all.  That guy is a prick and he has zero conscience about burning his team to the ground to get what he wants.  He did it to Chicago and now Minnesota too. He's become the Adrian Dantley of this generation.  He plays for himself.  Wall and Beal are not about that and there would be literal fist fights in practice and film sessions.  They would hate him.

We've gone over this Ad nauseam in the Wizards thread, I've lost patience with the "he's not used correctly" excuse for Otto.  He's the highest paid player on the team this year, either demand to be used differently, publicly at this point, or learn to play differently.   The man has more excuses then handles, and that seems to be the constant excuse to make further excuses for him.  You can keep doing it, you've made good points before, but I'm done.  Otto needs to change to change my mind.

KAT and Wiggins are soft, Beal and Wall are not.  If we're crazy enough to take a flyer on Howard this is right up our alley.  Maybe I need to see more Butler play, timid is not what comes to mind.  I'm tired of our third star playing like his locker is in the boiler room and someone took his stapler, I'm fine with a little nasty aggression right now.