Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

This already looks like the worst version of Team USA we've fielded in world competition since that crappy 2002 team, and there is still time for some of these guys to drop out. Even the embarrassing 04 team had better talent.

It pisses me off that both Curry and Westbrook backed out of it. Westbrook had no excuse if Kevin Durant committed to it. His FA isn't even until next summer. Team would look so much better if they had him and Lillard at PG, Kyrie at combo guard, Klay and Harden at SG (leave DeRozan home), Melo, George, and Durant playing the forward spots with Draymond and Love getting minutes at PF, and then Cousins and Drummond at C.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16597101/dwyane-wade-open-free-agency-offers-negotiations-miami-heat-stall

Sources: Dwyane Wade open to outside offers as Heat talks stall

Dwyane Wade's initial contract discussions with the Miami Heat have not produced a common ground between the parties, and he is preparing to field outside offers when free agency opens Friday, according to league sources.

Sources told ESPN.com that Wade's representatives have made it known to multiple teams over the past several days that he will be on the market. Some teams have been skeptical, wondering whether Wade would seriously consider leaving the franchise where he has played 13 seasons and won three titles

I seriously doubt this happens, but if it does AND Whiteside leaves along with Bosh coming back, I almost would feel for the Heat. Last year was a hell of a tease for that fanbase if this really does all fall apart.

I don't love the PG situation on the national team. Whenever the national team has gotten in trouble, it's because it's featured shoot-first point guards. I kind of feel like Chris Paul and 4 college guys could win the gold.

But the rest of the talent is more than adequate. Carmelo has always seemed to me to the perfect international player, and he just annihilates dudes in these tournaments.

• Like 1

Why isn't Damian Lillard on the team? He's better than both Lowry and Irving.

Stop it

Lillard is NOT better than Kyrie. You can look at their head to head matchups and see that.

Also I think this series will greatly impact how people view Curry going forward. He is a great player, but every doubt (or rather question mark, to be less negative) I had about him reared itself.

I don't question his mental toughness, but Des is right, physically he just can't match up with elite PG's in the playoffs. With all his theatrics and accolades this past season. Nearly every guard went at him like he shot their mother, and he simply got handled, and was broken down, finally ending with Kyrie Deadeye-ing him like John Marston with a shot that will go down in NBA Finals lore.

And it gives credence to the fact that a lot of people pointed to his streak of luck in not facing Conley and Beverly and Kyrie last year, and by acts of the supernatural, for two years in a row, avoiding Chris Paul.

He outplayed Westbrook in the conference finals or are we ignoring that?

Mozgov might be getting 16 million a year for four years from the Lakers...

Somehow this is Kobe's fault Edited by BenningRoadSkin

Derozan resigns with the Raptors. 5 years 139mil

Today is the Warriors day to woo Durant. I'm just not sur Durant wants to do all this and then do it again next year. The only way he comes back to OKC and doesn't have to do this is if he has guarantees that Westbrook is going to sign long term too.

Or he uses this time to decide what each team pitches him is going to do this upcoming year and based on that he signs with them after the following season, his last in OKC with Westbrook. That way he doesn't take all these visits and the pony show next season. It will be quite boring if he just re-ups wth the thunder. Go somewhere tho, shake things up somehow

• Like 1