Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Scott Abraham just now replied to his own tweet, saying he’s been told it does have to do with the firings of Alex Santos and Richard Mann. Just doesn’t know WHAT exactly it is yet. 

I knew it. It's going to be capgate all over again. Lovely.

So....Santos and co. tampered with a FA (whether we got them or not) or something and we're getting punished  (fines/draft picks) while they get fired?

Only angle with Santos that I could imagine fans would get in an uproar about. Any other scenario is non-football related for a guy no one cared about being here.

5 minutes ago, ThomasTomasz said:

Rivera is running PR.  He's the new fall guy.  So it's not him leaving.  If Rivera was leaving, the national press would be all over it.  

Junior Galette saying I tried to tell you all on Twitter makes me believe it's likely some side-football front office items.  

Running PR or having it go through him?  He's HC, does he hold the head PR position as well?

Definitely agree its likely front office nonsense, but I warned about folks coming after the name after seemingly coming after everything else.

Either Rivers was ignored or caught flat-footed, neither are good.

1 minute ago, hail2skins said:

Can a team (Redskins) which doesn't exist actually lose draft picks? Maybe that's why the name is being retired tomorrow.

Haha, kind of like a bait and switch. Goodell says, "I will penalize the Redskins, with the forfeiture of..."

And the Redskins interrupt, "Well, we're no longer the Redskins as of right now, so, so much for that"

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Running PR or having it go through him?  He's HC, does he hold the head PR position as well?

Definitely agree its likely front office nonsense, but I warned about folks coming after the name after seemingly coming after everything else.

Either Rivers was ignored or caught flat-footed, neither are good.

I mean, Tony Wyllie ran it for years.  He left to go to special olympics, and then Bruce Allen is running press conferences.  Then he's fired, Snyder says Happy Thanksgiving and hands Rivera the podium, and off he goes.  Every statement coming from the team has his name on it, so I am assuming he's the front man (or fall guy) for the team right now, or as some call them, Snyder BFF duties.  

If he's running all things front office that could include PR as well.  I hope not, and it's just him being used as the front man, but with this team, you never know. 

5 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

So Santos is being fired for "non-football related" reasons.

So why is everyone assuming it's something like tampering?

No idea. I think bc no one can figure out why we'd (the fans) give a damn otherwise, which is how the beat guys are acting. 

11 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Ok, so here are two Redwolves logo concepts I came up with.

wolves1.jpg

wolves2.jpg

Concept 1 speaks to the renewed enthusiasm among the fan base.

Concept 2 might need a little work, but you get the gist of it.

Number 1 is more of a zombie than a wolf

13 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Can a team (Redskins) which doesn't exist actually lose draft picks? Maybe that's why the name is being retired tomorrow.

Yes

Archived