Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Ok, after reading through the tweets, I think it’s something to do with ownership, sponsorships, and legal stuff.  I don’t know why but I don’t think it’s anything on the football side. Just a hunch. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Man, if it was something involving an actual crime, news wouldve broken elsewhere.  They wouldn't be able to play around like this.

If it was something like Rivera resigning, national peeps would be all over this. Again, local beats would be picking up scraps.

I hope :unsure:

6 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Dan might've really screwed up which explains why the other guys want out.

This all tracks as more likely than football-side drama...but if that's the case I don't understand why beat guys are acting like it's a nuke we aren't ready for. All this kind of stuff seems like it could loosen Snyder's hold on the team, if anything. 

13 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Nothing would surprise me anymore. 

fully expecting the FBi at this press conference stating that they have found a meth lab underneath redskins park that Haskins, Rivera and Young started during covid 

You know what I’m pretty sure my man Haskins has sold every shirt he owned, too. That’s totally meth behavior.

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Which can only be a good thing for the long view of the franchise. Wouldn’t people rejoice at Snyder having a scandal force him to sell the team?

Yeah, but a major scandal right before the start of training camp would be terrible for the team. 

2 minutes ago, FS#21 said:

When is the site name and domain changing to ExtremeWolves?

Just from a technical standpoint, it will take time.  A lot of backend code plus having to get a new DNS name and HTTPS certificate.

Won't happen before the official name is announced.  Wouldn't expect it before redskins.com changes their name first, es.redskins.com is a subdomain now.

13 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Nothing would surprise me anymore. 

fully expecting the FBi at this press conference stating that they have found a meth lab underneath redskins park that Haskins, Rivera and Young started during covid 

Thanks I truly needed that tonight lol

19 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Oh yikes. Tampering with Cooper or someone? Or too much contact between coaches and players? Why wouldn't that have been just reported though, why the hush hush.

Oh great tampering with a guy that didn’t even come here. That’s so Snyder

3 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Yeah, but a major scandal right before the start of training camp would be terrible for the team. 

I dunno. I feel like it would be out of the ordinary if there WASN'T a major scandal.

26 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Who's running PR for the franchise right now? Fire them yesterday.

Maybe Dan finally going to give in and finish what he should've done with folks that we're left.

200 (5).gif

Rivera is running PR.  He's the new fall guy.  So it's not him leaving.  If Rivera was leaving, the national press would be all over it.  

Junior Galette saying I tried to tell you all on Twitter makes me believe it's likely some side-football front office items.  

3 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

My guess is there's more to the Santos firing....we're probably going to get punished by the league or something

Scott Abraham just now replied to his own tweet, saying he’s been told it does have to do with the firings of Alex Santos and Richard Mann. Just doesn’t know WHAT exactly it is yet. 

6 minutes ago, ThomasTomasz said:

Junior Galette saying I tried to tell you all on Twitter makes me believe it's likely some side-football front office items.  

I have somewhat followed Gallette's tweets over the past few years, and they've been simply, apologetic, begging the team for another chance, and prostrate humility, so I have no idea what kind of "I told you so" he could be talking about. The only "i told you so" that would make sense in his case, is if the Skins re-sign him, but of course they won't

Archived