Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Stranger Things season 1 was vastly overrated but was alright.  If it wasn't for nostalgia factor, I don't think it would have gotten nearly as much praise.

Season 2 was just bad and was like 90% screen time showing the lisp kid talk since he was everyone's favorite character from season 1.

Not sure if I'll watch season 3.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Stranger Things season 1 was vastly overrated but was alright.  If it wasn't for nostalgia factor, I don't think it would have gotten nearly as much praise.

Season 2 was just bad and was like 90% screen time showing the lisp kid talk since he was everyone's favorite character from season 1.

:o 

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I enjoyed the opening ep of Into The Badlands final episodes.  

Still can't wrap my mind around the fact that it's getting canceled. It's so unlike nearly  every other show out there. I hope it gets picked up by Netflix or something. 

Edited by Mr. Sinister

On 3/20/2019 at 12:03 PM, purbeast said:

I liked both seasons but by being increasingly annoyed by Gaten Matarazzo's presence on the Fios commercials, season 3 is up in the air for me as well.  I'll probably watch it, but he's gone from a likable kid to a pest by those commercials and I'm not sure if I can separate my feelings when watching the show.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just finished it, @TK. I honestly wasn't expecting much in the beginning,, but I thought it was pretty damn good. A few twists and turns, high stakes,  very good battle scenes, etc.

Probably not what you're looking for if you want a accurate portrayal of that time period, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Time well spent 👍

Really liked the guy that played Philip IV

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Happy! Season 2 starts tonight on SyFy, Hanna on Amazon on 3/29 and Killing Eve 4/7.

On 3/24/2019 at 10:51 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

I enjoyed the opening ep of Into The Badlands final episodes.  

Still can't wrap my mind around the fact that it's getting canceled. It's so unlike nearly  every other show out there. I hope it gets picked up by Netflix or something. 

I binged this over the past 2-3 weeks to catch up to the new season. Now I am sad.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Yohan said:

Happy! Season 2 starts tonight on SyFy, Hanna on Amazon on 3/29 and Killing Eve 4/7.

I binged this over the past 2-3 weeks to catch up to the new season. Now I am sad.

It continues a nasty streak of shows of mine that got ended abruptly

Daredevil

The Expanse (though that recently got picked up by Amazon

Turn

Dark Matter

Penny Dreadful also just got renewed

Hell on Wheels

Black Sails

Makes it tough to commit

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

You know..I really feel like I should watch Killing Eve. Is it similar (not storyline but quality) to Orphan Black (which admittedly I gave up on after S3)?

Killing Eve is a B+. Starts of strong but can't fully hold. One of the best new shows from last year.

• Thanks 1

On 3/27/2019 at 11:49 AM, Mr. Sinister said:

It continues a nasty streak of shows of mine that got ended abruptly

Daredevil

The Expanse (though that recently got picked up by Amazon

Turn

Dark Matter

Penny Dreadful also just got renewed

Hell on Wheels

Black Sails

Makes it tough to commit

Hell on Wheels was dope overall, though I didn't like what they ended up doing to Elam's character. It was dumb. The Chinese love interest was also kind of silly imo. That theme song though!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Isifhan said:

Started watching The Act on Hulu.  So far 3 episodes in, it's quite good. Based on true events apparently. 

Is The Act the show about the Munchhausen by proxy case? There was an HBO doc about it called Mommie Dead & Dearest.  Really good. 

2 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Is The Act the show about the Munchhausen by proxy case? There was an HBO doc about it called Mommie Dead & Dearest.  Really good. 

That's the one. The actress that plays the girl is fantastic, and it has Dean Norris (Hank) from Breaking Bad. The mother is good as well. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yep (well, rebooted, sort of)

https://deadline.com/2018/11/penny-dreadful-city-of-angels-follow-up-series-sequel-showtime-john-logan-1202493898/

Natalie Dormer is going to play a key role in this new one.

You know I actually think I heard about that and then completely forgot. Great, great show. I hope they keep the level of quality up to par.

• Like 1