Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

I watched Glow with my lady friend.  Must say, it's not the type of show that I usually like but I actually would give it a 7.5/10.  The nudity doesn't hurt, but the story ain't so bad either.  I barely recognized Alison Brie...looked so very different from her days on Community.  That was her prime, imo.  

• Like 1

Capaldi was such a let down to me as the 12th (edit..to be fair, almost anyone would be after Tennant and Smith)..and really, why aren't we counting the War Doctor? Super Stoked for the new Doctor and getting new writing finally.

Just finished Season 1 of the Leftovers. Late to the game on this one but that show is damn good. Carrie Coon and the Guilty Remnant stole Season 1.

Also..hey everyone.

Edited by The Evil Genius

I really like the TURN series about Washington's Spies the book. It reminds me of all the colonists did to forge a new nation. The acting is really good, the back stories are good, some even factual.

It's in the fourth season, and worth it to see it all from the beginning.

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

Capaldi was such a let down to me as the 12th (edit..to be fair, almost anyone e would be after Tennant and Smith)..and really, why aren't we counting the War Doctor? Super Stoked for the new Doctor and getting new writing finally.

Just finished Season 1 of the Leftovers. Late to the game on this one but that show is damn good. Carrie Coon and the Guilty Remnant stole Season 1.

Also..hey everyone.

Matt Smith is horrible, George McFly getting picked on by Biff lookin' ass..........

Now I'm not big into Dr. Who, my wife is a Whovian though and she's turning our daughter into one, or trying to.  I liked the TV movie on Fox and the revived series and liked Eccleston, Tennant and Capaldi.  Matt Smith is an ass clown, I quit watching after 4-5 episodes with him, watched here and there when Capaldi got the role, especially this last season.  

I'll give Jodie Whittaker a shot, especially since they will have new writing as you mentioned.  I wonder if they will go with a female or male companion?

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Matt Smith is horrible, George McFly getting picked on by Biff lookin' ass..........

Now I'm not big into Dr. Who, my wife is a Whovian though and she's turning our daughter into one, or trying to.  I liked the TV movie on Fox and the revived series and liked Eccleston, Tennant and Capaldi.  Matt Smith is an ass clown, I quit watching after 4-5 episodes with him, watched here and there when Capaldi got the role, especially this last season.  

I'll give Jodie Whittaker a shot, especially since they will have new writing as you mentioned.  I wonder if they will go with a female or male companion?

I like Matt Smith, I have him 4th after Capaldi, Tennant and Tom Baker.

Peter Capaldi was basically pushed out, despite what he said in public. He was a great actor; who got stuck with ****ty scripts.

Thank God the idiot showrunner- Steven Moffatt is leaving also.

The new showrunner C. Chibnall took a big risk by going with a female doctor now.  It could completely backfire.  Will just to have wait and see.

=====================================================================================================================

ComicCon starts Wednesday; I hope to be able to post some videos of the panels when they start appearing on Youtube.

• Like 1

Yeah I don't get the Smith hate. He was the perfect guy to take over from the brooding Eccleston (who was amazing in S1 of The Leftovers) and the overly serious Tennant. Plus the chemistry with Amy Pond (Gillan) was apparent from their first episode. 

Sadly, I don't think we ever got that level of chemistry with Capaldi and Clara. And then they go and do that to Bill..who would probably do well with the new Doctor. 

Time to wipe the whole slate clean I guess. Although I do hope River shows up sometime again. 

51 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Yeah I don't get the Smith hate. He was the perfect guy to take over from the brooding Eccleston (who was amazing in S1 of The Leftovers) and the overly serious Tennant. Plus the chemistry with Amy Pond (Gillan) was apparent from their first episode. 

Sadly, I don't think we ever got that level of chemistry with Capaldi and Clara. And then they go and do that to Bill..who would probably do well with the new Doctor. 

Time to wipe the whole slate clean I guess. Although I do hope River shows up sometime again. 

My wife loves Smith.  I dunno, I guess not being a fan of the original show before it was revived, I just found him too goofy and it annoyed me.  My wife keeps telling me thats the best part as each doctor has a different personality.  Well that's great and all, but I don't like goofy/dorky.  Maybe one day I'll give him another shot, but I doubt it.

I just started The Leftovers and am really getting into it. In general I like depressing shows that make you want to put a gun in your mouth (why not make reality seem better, instead of the other way around?), but I'm surprised I enjoy this one so much already. I heard mixed things about the early episodes. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bacon said:

I just started The Leftovers and am really getting into it. In general I like depressing shows that make you want to put a gun in your mouth (why not make reality seem better, instead of the other way around?), but I'm surprised I enjoy this one so much already. I heard mixed things about the early episodes. 

It's pretty good.  Only three seasons, so you should be able to smash through it pretty quickly.  Overall I liked it.   

• Like 1

You can definitely see Damon Lindelof's influence on S1 of The Leftovers. It had a very Lost style storytelling, especially the episodes that focused more on 1-2 characters and how they got there. It will be interesting to see if that holds in S2 and S3..starting S2 soon.

Also just saw that Lindelofs next project is a TV adaptation of The Watchmen...whoa.

14 hours ago, TK said:

Season 2 of Last Chance U just dropped on Nexflix

12 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

You beat me to it.  Great show.

Watched the first two episodes earlier this afternoon.  Hooked.  Season 1 was fantastic, too.

One thing I didn't expect was them presenting the coach's reaction to how he came across as well as some of the reactions of the townspeople.  Was wondering how long it'd take before he'd go back to dropping f-bombs, figured it wouldn't be too long and I was right. :)

7 hours ago, GoDeep81 said:

Anyone checked out Snowfall on FX? Premise sounded interesting but haven't had a chance to watch it yet.. Opinions? TIA!

It's pretty good.  Not blown away so far but I can see where it could get good.  

• Like 2