Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

9 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

I just started binge watching "Ray Donovan". It's pretty good so far. It has it's flaws, in that the main character seems to lack enough depth (He's just pissed off AF the entire time). But it's a well done show and I'm getting addicted.

Stick with it, Ray is a BEAST.  But the show gets better as it moves on, imo.

• Like 1

On August 5, 2016 at 1:28 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

Any fresh anime series' out? Haven't been hip on that since High School of The Dead

Sorry, I should have seen this sooner. 

Amazon Prime has Kabaneri. Holy. Crap. Amazing.

Attack on Titan is also pretty great. I strongly prefer Kabaneri though. If you get through those two let me know. There are more \m/...(>.<)…\m/ 

Saw Tokyo Ghoul and Seraph of the End recently on Funimation.  They were pretty good, but the endings of both season 2's were a little weird.

Seven deadly sins was pretty good too. Saw that a few months back on Netflix.  

There's a bunch on both Funimation and Netflix that I'm still planning to watch sometime soon.

Recently caught up on Fairy Tail too.  

12 minutes ago, drtdrums said:

Sorry, I should have seen this sooner. 

Amazon Prime has Kabaneri. Holy. Crap. Amazing.

Attack on Titan is also pretty great. I strongly prefer Kabaneri though. If you get through those two let me know. There are more \m/...(>.<)…\m/ 

Thanks. Curently got my eye on Attack on Titan and Voltron. Will get to it after im done with Ascension

2 hours ago, egtuna said:

The Italian TV series "Gomorrah" comes out next Wed (8/24) on Sundance, and it's apparently fantastic. If you've seen the movie of the same name, then you'll be excited. I can't wait.

I like everything about the trailer/concept except the non English speaking part.. I don't mind captions but not hearing the words in En will be tough.. Prolly give it a look though!

I started watching American Gothic (2016 show - not the older one) and I'm enjoying it a lot.  It's about a powerful family, serial killer, fam members running for politics, etc.  It's currently showing on CBS, but if you have Amazon Prime Instant video, then you can catch up as they add all the episodes after they air.  

On 8/16/2016 at 5:42 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

Thanks. Curently got my eye on Attack on Titan and Voltron. Will get to it after im done with Ascension

I highly recommend Re: Zero - Starting Life in Another World. For me at least it's easily the best anime of the year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fresh8686 said:

I highly recommend Re: Zero - Starting Life in Another World. For me at least it's easily the best anime of the year.

If you dug it more than Kabaneri I'll definitely check out. KotIF is one of the best SHOWS I've seen in forever. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drtdrums said:

If you dug it more than Kabaneri I'll definitely check out. KotIF is one of the best SHOWS I've seen in forever. 

I loved Kabaneri, even more than Attack on Titan in a lot of ways since I could relate to the main character so much. But, Re: Zero is just on a whole other level.

It's a different flavor than the other two, but it's deep and incredibly nuanced. It's about this dude who gets transported to another world and every time he dies, he gets returned back into a specific spot in time to "give it another go". So kind of like that movie Edge of Tomorrow, but with much better execution in my opinion.

There is an episode 1A and 1B, I'd recommend watching those plus episode 2 to give it a fair shot. At first, I stopped for a bit after watching some of 1A, thinking it was some slice of life ****, but then when I gave it another shot I was hooked. I'm actually re-watching it again from the beginning with my Wife, while I wait for the new episodes to come out, it's that good. Plus, there is so much to pick up on the second time around, that a person only appreciates after having an idea of all that lies ahead.

5 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

I loved Kabaneri, even more than Attack on Titan in a lot of ways since I could relate to the main character so much. But, Re: Zero is just on a whole other level.

It's a different flavor than the other two, but it's deep and incredibly nuanced. It's about this dude who gets transported to another world and every time he dies, he gets returned back into a specific spot in time to "give it another go". So kind of like that movie Edge of Tomorrow, but with much better execution in my opinion.

There is an episode 1A and 1B, I'd recommend watching those plus episode 2 to give it a fair shot. At first, I stopped for a bit after watching some of 1A, thinking it was some slice of life ****, but then when I gave it another shot I was hooked. I'm actually re-watching it again from the beginning with my Wife, while I wait for the new episodes to come out, it's that good. Plus, there is so much to pick up on the second time around, that a person only appreciates after having an idea of all that lies ahead.

Super psyched now! Just reached the end of Stranger Things so I'm in need.

15 minutes ago, TK said:

Narcos Season 2 drops in a week. 

This will be righteous I bet. They ended the first season just before the outbreak of Los Pepes. Can't wait to see that. For those unfamiliar with the Escobar story, Los Pepes was a coalition of ex military, police, and regular civilians who decided to fight fire with fire, and went after Escobar's family and business by any means necessary. Anti terrorism terrorists.

• Like 1

I may be late on this but I binge watched the first season of Stranger Things.

This was so good, became one of my favorite TV shows ever made. It had film level production and all the acting was really on point. I love that synth score, never skipped the opening credits.

There was obviously a lot of influences and plot elements from other works but it all blended together really well to become its own thing.

TV shows  I just generally do not get as into as films, especially the cheap looking ones on the major networks but Stranger Things was a great experience and I can't wait to see what they do next.

• Like 2

If you're not watching Stranger Things, you're a waste of ****ing space. Whatever "cool show' you're watching....**** it.  Stranger Things is better.  11 :hug-kiss:

Shameless has been mentioned for years on here.  Watch it.  idiots.

Peaky Blinders is ****ing legit.  Cillian is THEE man. I've/we've been screaming it for a few years now.

Wentworth > OITNB.  **** you.

Bloodline lives up to the hype

Man in the High Castle is legit AF.

Homeland is better than whatever weak ass Scorpion/CSI show you're watching. #weakass

Ray Donovan holy ****

Power holy ****

The Night Of started of great, kinda fizzled...but still awesome.  #Turturro

Ballers - The Rock touches tiddies.  

Outlander on STARZ - OH MY GOD!  

Shameless on Showtime is probably THEE BEST thing on television right now.  

The Leftovers on HBO got pushed back to 2017.  #goddammit

Prepare yourselves for Westworld.

• Like 2