Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 Major League Baseball Thread

Bubble Screen

Lol Gotta luv butthurt fans of non- playoff teams. That must be a terrible feeling to not have a team to cheer for.

I'd rather not watch baseball than root for the Atlanta Braves - the greatest assemblage of whiny crybabies in sports history.  

There's room for another hater, sure. You can join the rest of the butthurt brigade whose teams watched the playoffs! Lol

Your team is the butthurt brigade. They threw at Harper. They get upset when someone hits their guys. They don't like exuberant kids celebrating. They love Justin Upton walking off every HR. They yell at other players constantly. They were involved in the most bench clearing incidents this year. They refused to catch the ceremonial first pitch from a top 5 all-time Brave and soon to be HoF. They have the class of a spoiled, rich 8 year old, and they haven't won anything to act that way. They leave their highest payed player off the roster, even though he hit 22 HR. Their 2nd highest paid player is a bench player. They can't win a game without clubbing HR.

So keep that in mind when you come in here talking about other fans being butthurt. You root for a group of butthurt ball players who cry about everything they themselves support their teammates doing. Enjoy the offseason. And Fredi Gonzalez will still be your manager in April.

Uggla hit .179. He sucks and can't play defense. That's why he was left off. The rest of your post I've already explained, so I'm not going over it again. You are just jealous your team wasn't good enough to get in. You guys were flukes last year. Reality bites.

And im not sure why you're bashing Fredi. He did a fantastic job this year and should win manager of year, something he's done before. Who is the gNats manager again? Lmao ( worry about your own team, buddy)

Uggla hit .179. He sucks and can't play defense. That's why he was left off. The rest of your post I've already explained, so I'm not going over it again. You are just jealous your team wasn't good enough to get in. You guys were flukes last year. Reality bites.

We were the flukes last year?  Flukes don't win 98 games.  And saying you "explained" something by blaming other teams for everything is a joke. You have been trolling Nats fan all year. Am I really jealous of a team that hasn't played in an NLCS in it's last 7 playoff appearances? And Fredi Gonzalez will still be your manager in April.

Newsflash: the Braves can't win consistently without hitting HRs. MLB Network, Baseball Tonight, all the shows says the way to beat the Braves is to keep them in the yard.  You play Earl Weaver baseball, bloop and a blast. 

Yes, flukes. The definition of fluke is winning 98 games, then failing to even make the playoffs the next year, when everyone had you pegged to win the WS.

And btw, the Dodgers just beat us by hitting HR and great pitching, so I guess your little theory there is inaccurate huh.

We lost to a team that started the best pitcher in baseball twice in four games. Don't think anyone was beating them in that scenario.

Yes, flukes. The definition of fluke is winning 98 games, then failing to even make the playoffs the next year, when everyone had you pegged to win the WS.

And btw, the Dodgers just beat us by hitting HR and great pitching, so I guess your little theory there is inaccurate huh.

We lost to a team that started the best pitcher in baseball twice in four games. Don't think anyone was beating them in that scenario.

You get to define flukes now? Were the Giants flukes last year? They won the WS and failed to make the playoffs this year. You really work at trolling Nats fans. It must be a passion of yours.

The Cardinals are already up 2-0.  Man that was fast.  Losing 0-1 with Kershaw pitching is a backbreaker for LA.

I'm pulling for STL.  Their team is classy and their fan base is the best in baseball, hands down.  Meanwhile the Dodgers are the opposite.  Got a lot of fans who are hooligans and raging assholes and their team showed zero class celebrating in Arizona's pool after the division clincher.

I'd like to see STL and DET in the WS.  Detroit could use a win.

Am I the only one who has grown to hate the Red Sox these past few years? I mean I loved seeing them break the Curse of the Bambino back in '04 (or whatever) just like everyone else, but man if I don't find everything about them to be obnoxious now and root against them. Maybe it's some hater ish on my part, but I don't hate the Giants or anything. Am I the only one?

So yeah, awesome to see the Tigers win. Damn if I didn't want them to get that no hitter though. That would've been so awesome

Am I the only one who has grown to hate the Red Sox these past few years? I mean I loved seeing them break the Curse of the Bambino back in '04 (or whatever) just like everyone else, but man if I don't find everything about them to be obnoxious now and root against them. Maybe it's some hater ish on my part, but I don't hate the Giants or anything. Am I the only one?

So yeah, awesome to see the Tigers win. Damn if I didn't want them to get that no hitter though. That would've been so awesome

I don't hate the team but I hate how ever since they started winning you can't go 10 minutes without seeing some douchebag rocking the B cap.

Holy ****.  Big Papi grandslam and we've got a tie game in the bottom of the 8th.

Tori Hunter's head is bloody after going over the wall.

This is an incredible game.

Good thing Ortiz isn't playing ATL after the way he savored that grand slam.   They'd throw at him no less than 3 or 4 times for it.  Has it been mentioned lately what a bunch of whiny little ****es the Braves were?

Good for Boston.  That was an awesome atmosphere and a legendary win.  If they'd gone down 0-2 heading to Detroit with Verlander up next, that would have been it.  No way you win 4 of 5 with 3 in Detroit against those pitchers.

Been a tough time for both Boston and Detroit, I don't know which city's karma trumps which.

The Cardinals have appointed themselves in recent years as the keepers of all that is good and holy in the world of baseball. They get into brawls frequently because someone has violated some "code" that the Cardinals think everyone should follow.

That said, the Dodgers as a team have shown themselves to go beyond the boundaries of professionalism when they pissed in the pool in Arizona.

Puig, specifically, has gotten a lot of flack this year, a lot of it justified. The bat flip thing he did on his triple last night was obnoxious. No two ways about it, more so because he wasn't even right about it being a home run. I don't think anybody would have a problem with his clapping and exuberance at third base celebrating the triple. But the bat flip? That's been "against the code" to pretty much everyone, not just the Cardinals, since time began. Make no mistake, Puig will get drilled for doing that at some point. Probably not this series unless there's a blowout, but it'll happen.

It's also worth noting that even Puig's teammates didn't exactly defend him. Carl Crawford said "he probably shouldn't be doing that kind of stuff". Jerry Hairston Jr defended Puig by, basically, calling him immature. "you've got to remember, this guy is like a 16-year-old kid playing Little League".

The bigger the stage? The bigger the celebration. If this were the regular season I doubt they would've been as jubilant. I love that they are excited about the game. Too many people are too uptight and now PC has found it's way into sports. Screw that.

BTW. I LOVED when the Dodgers jumped in the pool. Put a smile on my face.

Archived