Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 Major League Baseball Thread

Bubble Screen

Braves website reporting Jason Heyward will leadoff and start in cf today.  Almost 1 month to the day after getting his jaw broken by that pitch. 

Pretty amazing that he's coming back so soon.  Hopefully he picks up right where he left off.

Braves website reporting Jason Heyward will leadoff and start in cf today. Almost 1 month to the day after getting his jaw broken by that pitch.

Pretty amazing that he's coming back so soon. Hopefully he picks up right where he left off.

This is great news. And if we're to compete for the title, we'll need him to return to the form he was pre-injury. He was amazing in the lead off spot. Good guy, too. Wish him all the best.

Rooting for Pittsburgh or Cincy in the NL. **** Atlanta, LA, and St. Louis.

He mad.

Leave it to the Dodgers to celebrate like douches.

I can't stand the Dodgers, but I didn't see what the big deal was. It's not like they jumped in the pool with fans in the stands.

And it's obvious why the Dodgers did it. These two teams had issues earlier in the year. The Dodgers were just rubbing it in their faces a little, is all. Who gives a crap what Willie flipping Bloomquist thinks, anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

The Reds firing of Dusty Baker is insane.

Definitely an interesting move. Especially after Jocketty said after the game they were going to keep him. Wonder what happened to change his mind?

I saw the Reds are looking at Jim Riggleman. Seems like an odd choice.

Another postseason collapse by Dusty.  How many is this now?

I tend to think he's a winner and get's his teams to the playoffs. There's about 10 or so teams who haven't sniffed the playoffs in ages. I'm sure a few of them wouldn't mind making it.

That said..could he be a legit option for the Nats now?

One thing I'm sick and tired of hearing is how someone is always frustrated with Puig. So what, he was swinging for the fences in the 8th. As if he's the first. I've never seen young player as talented as him get criticized as often as he does. The Dodgers aren't even in the playoffs if not for Puig.

If they don't want him, send him to Baltimore.

One thing I'm sick and tired of hearing is how someone is always frustrated with Puig. So what, he was swinging for the fences in the 8th. As if he's the first. I've never seen young player as talented as him get criticized as often as he does. The Dodgers aren't even in the playoffs if not for Puig.

If they don't want him, send him to Baltimore.

They were UGLY swings though, at terrible pitches. He's been doing it all year. Gotta have some discipline at the plate in that situation, needed base runners.

Still think LA wins it at home. Thinking DET is gonna sweep the A's though. They don't have the pitching to hold up against DET.

They were UGLY swings though, at terrible pitches. He's been doing it all year. Gotta have some discipline at the plate in that situation, needed base runners. Still think LA wins it at home. Thinking DET is gonna sweep the A's though. They don't have the pitching to hold up against DET.

LOL. He'd fit right in, in Baltimore.

Lol Gotta luv butthurt fans of non- playoff teams. That must be a terrible feeling to not have a team to cheer for.

Enjoy it. What you are seeing is what happens when your entire team is built on the long ball. That is how Atlanta wins. Come October, pitching rules. Dan Uggla? Leave him off the roster. I mean, all he did was hit 22 HR for you  this year.

Atlanta is a flawed team. But you won the division, so enjoy your postseason. We will see how well the new Atlanta baseball model holds up.

Archived