Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 Major League Baseball Thread

Bubble Screen

Yankees about to add Alfonso Soriano lol. He used to my favorite Yankee...back in 2002.

The following is post on a Yankee forum I frequent. It shows just how delusional Yankee fans are:

"ANY playoff team can win the WS. The best team does not win the series;the hottest team wins the World Series. If this team can make the playoffs, it is a contender. Playoff series are not representative of organizational stability, youthfulness, or general skill level. If you believe otherwise, you haven't been watching baseball since the introduction of the wild card.

The Yankees can acquire pieces to contend for a playoff spot that don't affect the organization's long term future. Once the playoffs start, it's a crapshoot"

Adding Soriano is a classic Yankee move. Let's trade what little prospects we have for an over the hill guy having one last good season. Sure Soriano will help them, but he's not going to put them over the top. The AL East is way better now than it has been at any point in the last decade or so. The Yankees are just too old right now.

If I had to pick one sports event to go to outside of championship events, it would be the Mid Summer Classic. Say what you want but it's something so simply calming about it

All Star Game is a shadow of what it used to be.  Nobody wants to go anymore and it now is a farce to have it determine home advantage in the World Series.  But it used to be a true spectacle.  I'll never forget Fenway in '99.  All the legends there and Griffey/McGwire bombing shots over the Green Monster.

Adding Soriano is a classic Yankee move. Let's trade what little prospects we have for an over the hill guy having one last good season. Sure Soriano will help them, but he's not going to put them over the top. The AL East is way better now than it has been at any point in the last decade or so. The Yankees are just too old right now.

Granted they're having CHI eat most of the salary and the prospect they are giving is meh, but you're right.

I've come to peace with it

Granted they're having CHI eat most of the salary and the prospect they are giving is meh, but you're right.

I saw the trade put this way. In July, the Yankees have 7 home runs. Soriano has 8. They need some power.

I saw the trade put this way. In July, the Yankees have 7 home runs. Soriano has 8. They need some power.

It's clear what the Yanks are doing. Their front office knows that they are done, but they can't just mail in the rest of the year. This move of getting Soriano is just to appease the fans. They want to show the fans that they haven't completely given up. Getting him would just be a two month rental. Sadly, for Yank fans, they can't really look toward the future either. They are old, plus they don't have many young prospects coming up. They could be irrelevant again next year.

Just my .02 here...

I think the quad "injury" by A-Rod was a farce.  There was NEVER a chance in hell he was goign to play for the Yankees again after the Biogenesis news broke a while back.  Do any of you remember Cashman's reaction to A-Rod's tweet that he was deemed "healthy" to play?  There was some serious anger there.  I think it goes much deeper than what A-Rod put out there that he could play.  I belive that Cashman truly hates his guts and has reached his breaking point with the embarassment that seemingly follows A-Rod with every step he takes.  There have been some duds to wear the pinstripes.  A-Rod might just be at the top of that list. 

It's clear what the Yanks are doing. Their front office knows that they are done, but they can't just mail in the rest of the year. This move of getting Soriano is just to appease the fans. They want to show the fans that they haven't completely given up. Getting him would just be a two month rental. Sadly, for Yank fans, they can't really look toward the future either. They are old, plus they don't have many young prospects coming up. They could be irrelevant again next year.

Could be?

LOL. Dude we're headed for a dark couple of seasons. The Yankees can't just spend their way back because teams lock their guys up. Unless someone in the farm system mutates, WE ARE ****ED lol

Just my .02 here...

I think the quad "injury" by A-Rod was a farce.  There was NEVER a chance in hell he was goign to play for the Yankees again after the Biogenesis news broke a while back.  Do any of you remember Cashman's reaction to A-Rod's tweet that he was deemed "healthy" to play?  There was some serious anger there.  I think it goes much deeper than what A-Rod put out there that he could play.  I belive that Cashman truly hates his guts and has reached his breaking point with the embarassment that seemingly follows A-Rod with every step he takes.  There have been some duds to wear the pinstripes.  A-Rod might just be at the top of that list. 

LOL. Cashman needs to just beating around the bush and just say, "We do not want you."

With that being said, if A-Roid was still putting up numbers, would Cashman still be as defiant?

Really hope Hudson's injury isn't as bad as it looked. Hate to see anyone go down like that.

At his age, I'd bet he's done.  Pretty sad, because he was pretty good.

He had a tendency to pitch his best against my squad, but he is one of baseball's good guys. Really hope thats not the end for him.

Really hope Hudson's injury isn't as bad as it looked. Hate to see anyone go down like that.

At his age, I'd bet he's done. Pretty sad, because he was pretty good.

He had a tendency to pitch his best against my squad, but he is one of baseball's good guys. Really hope thats not the end for him.
I didn't get to see the game and haven't seen the highlights, but I heard it was pretty bad. I seriously doubt he's done though. Guys come back from worse injuries all the time.

But if he decides he doesn't want to come back, then he will be sorely missed. He is one of the good guys in the game. A fierce competitor. And from all accounts, a great teammate. I wish him all the best.

Another National League game on Sunday night next week.

Is it just me or do they have more NL Sunday Night Games than AL games?

I think they have a bunch of NL games. I know it's all about the ratings, but can we see someone besides the Braves, Phillies, Cardinals, Dodgers, Yankees, or Red Sox on Sunday Night?

People want to see the Braves, bruh. Don't hate. And the Cards are hugely popular as well.

These arent your father's Yanks. Surely you don't think they should be on more.

People want to see the Braves, bruh. Don't hate. And the Cards are hugely popular as well.

I remember the Braves not being able to sellout playoff games. They were "almost" the Bills of MLB. But back on topic, even the Cubs and Mets seem to make it to Sunday Night quite often.

I remember the Braves not being able to sellout playoff games. They were "almost" the Bills of MLB. But back on topic, even the Cubs and Mets seem to make it to Sunday Night quite often.

And yet the Nats aren't on a lot of national telecasts. 

But, I'm a National League guy, so I'm happy with it otherwise. Besides, the Red Sox, Yankees and Rangers seem to be on ESPN all the time. 

The whole playoff thing is a silly argument. The Braves won their division 14 straight years. The fans in Atlanta became spoiled. Going to the playoffs every year was the norm, so the excitement waned a bit. Plus the city of Atlanta is very much a transient city.

If you want to knock the city of Atlanta, fine. I have no problem with that. But dont try and tell me that the Braves don't have fans. Ask Nats fans about all the Braves fans at their place. Ask Dodger fans. Ask any fan, really. There are a lot of Braves fans throughout the country.

And, btw, I'm sure you, as an O's fan, would trade places with the Braves during their run of division titles. 14 straight division titles, man. No other team has done that. And we won a WS, so even mentioning the Bills is stupid. You're just being a hater.

The Braves have fans in other cities because TBS used to show almost all of their games nationally (much like WGN still does??? with the Cubs). Any market that didn't have a MLB team was force fed the Braves. It didn't hurt that the Braves were successful during those times.

BTW - I would suspect that the DC area (including Baltimore) is more transient than Atlanta. But I have no data to back that up with.

;)

Of course, I have no horse in that race. My team is finding new and crazy ways to lose..but there is always next year!

WS titles in 2010 & 2012...2014?

:D

Archived