Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 Major League Baseball Thread

Bubble Screen

I know you aren't talking. Your joke of a team was predicted by many to compete for the WS, yet they won't even make the playoffs. Heck, they may not even finish .500 lol. Hater.

As for Arod: I don't care for the guy. Never have. But I think MLB is trying to make him their fall guy. I hope the Yanks get stuck with paying the guy every cent of that ridiculous contract.

As for Arod: I don't care for the guy. Never have. But I think MLB is trying to make him their fall guy. I hope the Yanks get stuck with paying the guy every cent of that ridiculous contract.

The problem is that they won't. Arod will at least be suspended for 14 and since his salary won't count, the Yankees would get to reset their escalating "Luxury Tax" bill and likely resign their all their free agents and beyond.The Yankees seem to be campaigning for the lifetime ban.

I guess Arod will have a pretty interesting book one day. 

The problem is that they won't. Arod will at least be suspended for 14 and since his salary won't count, the Yankees would get to reset their escalating "Luxury Tax" bill and likely resign their all their free agents and beyond.The Yankees seem to be campaigning for the lifetime ban.

I guess Arod will have a pretty interesting book one day. 

Yep yep. I'm over here rejoicing. $30 mil plus coming back

tumblr_m5p1juztUA1r6tv0ro1_400.gif

So A-Roid got suspended. He plays anyway. He appeals his suspension and will be able to play for the rest of the year due to the fact his case won't reach an arbitrator until the offseason?

What a joke. Only in pro sports.

Jim Joyce is normally one of the best ball and strike umps around, but he's been AWFUL in the early going in this Braves-Marlins game. First inning he calls a ball on what was an obvious strike 3. Of course the guy singles up the middle on the very next pitch. We held them though. Then Joyce calls Chris Johnson, the leagues leading hitter, out on a very questionable pitch. CJ gets tossed. If I didn't know any better, I'd think Joyce has a few coins on this game. Ridiculous.

Jim Joyce will always go down as the ump who blew the call that cost the Detroit Tigers pitcher a perfect game.

Despite that, he's still respected as a great ump behind the plate. Seriously, the missed strike 3 call was atrocious. On the pitch tracker, it was as close to the middle of the plate, as the outer. It was unreal. They never showed the pitch again that he called Chris Johnson out on, but from the back angle they showed, it definitely looked like a ball. Not sure what his deal is tonite.

Go Braves! 15 and a half game lead lol. We freaking own, especially the gNats 6 straight over those frauds, 11-3 in the season series.

And can someone explain to gNats fans that Bryce Harper is NOT a superstar! A guy hitting .263 with 40 RBI is an 'average' player, at best. Guy should have never made the all star game either year. We keep hitting the guy and he just takes it. We're in his head. We're in their whole teams head. Love it!

We keep hitting the guy and he just takes it. 

You are so proud of something so stupid. If that pitch were a little bit to the right, hit Bryce in the head, and he were taken out on a stretcher, would you and the rest of those idiots at Turner Field do the chop in celebration?

You are so proud of something so stupid. If that pitch were a little bit to the right, hit Bryce in the head, and he were taken out on a stretcher, would you and the rest of those idiots at Turner Field do the chop in celebration?

No, I'm not proud of it. But you should refrain from calling ALL Braves fan "stupid".

It's like this: Harper should have never posed on the HR last week. And he shouldn't have been doing the things Mazzone claimed he was, in games leading up to that. If you do that stuff, especially as a 20 year old, you should expect to get "beaned" (not beamed, as you and your fellow fans, call it). Besides, the pitch Teheran hit him on was low. And btw, Teheran has hit 12 guys this year, so I'm not convinced he was even throwing at him.

As for last night, I didn't see the game. But the pitch Wood hit Harper on was a CURVEBALL. And Wood is from my area. He's a young 22 year old kid. A good kid. You could tell by Harpers reaction that Wood wasn't trying to hit him. That pitch got away. Now the Avilan one, yeah, that might have been intentional. And I don't condone throwing at a guys head.

I wouldn't throw at Upton if I were you guys. Probably wouldn't be the smartest thing to do. This Braves team is pretty tight. Do you REALLY want to deal with a guy like Evan Gattis in a scrum? Lol. Dan Uggla? Brian McCann? Heyward? Freeman?...You guys had better just accept that you are our ****es this year, and come back next year to give it a go. : )

Archived