Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 Major League Baseball Thread

Bubble Screen

We ain't dead yet dammit

That was BS what Dempster did. I can't stand the Yanks, but Girardi is right, you can't just start throwing at a guy just because you don't agree that he's allowed to play. If I were ARod, it would have been hard to resist not posing on that HR. But he did the right thing.

That was BS what Dempster did. I can't stand the Yanks, but Girardi is right, you can't just start throwing at a guy just because you don't agree that he's allowed to play. If I were ARod, it would have been hard to resist not posing on that HR. But he did the right thing.

He should have slid into home. According to some here, that would have been acceptable.

:rolleyes:

Personally, I like the Bonds pirouette if you going to send a message. 

04 A-Rod would have kicked Dempster's ass lol.

I'm kinda glad we didn't retaliate (at the time, I was BEGGING for CC to drill Pedroia in his teeth) because coming back and winning was the way better way to go

04 A-Rod would have kicked Dempster's ass lol.

I'm kinda glad we didn't retaliate (at the time, I was BEGGING for CC to drill Pedroia in his teeth) because coming back and winning was the way better way to go

I didn't watch the game, so I don't know what the announcers were saying. But my take is this:

This was a tough spot for ARods teammates, especially CC. You have to remember, there are a lot of guys on his team that aren't going to ever have his back, regardless of how well he plays. Maybe CC is one of those guys. Because normally, when a guy is obviously being thrown at, a pitcher on the other team will respond.

And, like I said earlier, I think ARod handled it correctly. If he would have stood at the plate and given that HR a long look, that situation would have continued. Either he, or one of his guys, would have definitely been plunked, regardless of whether the ump had already issued warnings.

Lmao Just saw some great comments about this on ESPN.

Reporter: " Do you think he should be suspended?"

A Rod: "Who?"

Reporter: "Dempster"

A Rod: (laughs) "I'm the wrong guy to be asking about suspensions".

Reporter: "What do you wish happens to Dempster?"

Girardi: "I wish he had to bat, that's what I wish".

The NL has been weak this year, especially the NL East. Braves have been feasting on their division. I'm tired of the Braves and Cardinals. I'd rather see the Dodgers, Pirates or Reds in the WS.

Huh? The NL is clearly the better league this year. The East has been week, sure. But remember, the Nats were predicted to win the WS, by most.

The NL has some solid clubs. You can make a case that the Cards, Braves, Pirates, Dodgers are all better than anyone in the AL. Quite frankly, I'd be surprised if an AL team won it all.

Huh? The NL is clearly the better league this year. The East has been week, sure. But remember, the Nats were predicted to win the WS, by most.

The NL has some solid clubs. You can make a case that the Cards, Braves, Pirates, Dodgers are all better than anyone in the AL. Quite frankly, I'd be surprised if an AL team won it all.

9 of the 15 AL teams are over .500.  Only 6 of the 15 NL clubs are over .500.  I'm not just talking about who has the best chance amongst the good teams to win it.  I'm talking overall.  I tried to find head to head AL vs NL, but the only thing I could find was the AL led with 66 wins as of June 7 of this year.  I can't find anything current.

I dunno BS, I think pj is right here. The AL is definitely better overall this year. The AL East is every bit as tough if not tougher than the the NL Central. The AL Central has 3 teams with winning records (yes the Royals and Indians are good this year), and the AL West has the Rangers and A's.

Sure the NL has the Dodgers, Braves, Pirates, Reds, and Cardinals. But that's about it. The only other team with a winning record is the Diamondbacks.  The AL is definitely deeper.

We are talking about two different things here. I was referring to playoff teams. That's why I listed the teams in the NL that I said might be better than any AL team.

Honestly, I couldn't care less that there are more AL teams with winning records. That doesn't matter. There's no question the NL has better teams at the top than the AL. Come on, guys.

And Warhead, we just swept the Cards a few weeks ago, plus have a better record. So what are you basing that off of. Not saying you aren't right. Just curious.

Also, the Braves aren't all power. They have some speed now, too. Especially with Heyward at the top. Simmons and Schafer aren't slouches either. We probably have the most complete team in baseball. We just gotta start doing it in the playoffs now.

It's not like the last 3 years the NL has won the WS.

Oh wait.

I only think there is one AL team that's capable of beating the NL champ in WS (Detroit).

Exactly.

Archived