Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 Major League Baseball Thread

Bubble Screen

I hate this "code" non-sense and I love Yasiel Puig. Baseball needs more polarizing and entertaining figures, it's too stuck in old ways.

I hope the Dodgers crush the Cardinals.

I agree.  I was hoping for a Dodgers-Tigers series, but it doesn't look good now.  Looks like a Red Sox-Cardinals series.  Dammit, I'll "have" to root for the Cards. 

I can't really hate the Cards. I mean I hated them when they knocked us out last year, but they're such a well run organization. Nobody drafts and develops talent better and they're so well coached. Give the Nats Mike Mattheney and they're probably defending their World Series title in the NLCS right now...

News out of Detroit is that Jim Leyland will not be returning as Tigers manager next season. I think that's probably a good thing.

Moving forward, the Tigers have some needs in a few areas to be addressed. They obviously need some bullpen help. In particular, they need hard throwers that don't constantly get beat with curveballs and changeups. If you throw 96 mph, Jose Veras, why are you throwing curveballs 75% of the time? They also need to add some team speed. And they need to get in better shape. Fielder is an embarrassment physically, and Cabrera and Peralta are both pretty out-of-shape. Really, though, they're not that far off from the World Series. If Torii Hunter doesn't misplay Ortiz's grand slam... anyway, some tweaks here and there and they should be right back in the thick of things next year.

1 sentence summary?

Lol no I gotcha.

Bottom of the 9th. Runners on second and third for STL. Shot up the middle and Pedroia makes the diving play. Gets up and throws the runner out at home. Saltilamacchia tries to throw out the runner going to third. It's out of Middlebrooks reach (though he should have come off the bag to make that catch) and he falls on his face. Ball goes down third base line and Allen Craig tries to get up and score. But he trips over Middlebrooks on the ground. No immediate call heard or seen. Throw home beats Craig, but umpire Jim Joyce makes a safe call. He then points to third signaling obstruction, runner safe, ball game.

I'm sure that play will be replayed over and over til game 4 starts.

Lol no I gotcha.

Bottom of the 9th. Runners on second and third for STL. Shot up the middle and Pedroia makes the diving play. Gets up and throws the runner out at home. Saltilamacchia tries to throw out the runner going to third. It's out of Middlebrooks reach (though he should have come off the bag to make that catch) and he falls on his face. Ball goes down third base line and Allen Craig tries to get up and score. But he trips over Middlebrooks on the ground. No immediate call heard or seen. Throw home beats Craig, but umpire Jim Joyce makes a safe call. He then points to third signaling obstruction, runner safe, ball game.

Oof, appreciate it. Sure I'll check it out on ESPN tomorrow.

Lol no I gotcha.

This is completely wrong. The ump at third, Jim Joyce, makes the call immediately at third base as the runner was tripping over Middlebrooks. The home plate umpire sees the call made and points at to confirm the call and correctly rules the runner safe at home. It's not really controversial since it was 100% the correct call.

Disclaimer: I am not a Cardinals fan nor a Sox fan.

This is completely wrong. The ump at third, Jim Joyce, makes the call immediately at third base as the runner was tripping over Middlebrooks. The home plate umpire sees the call made and points at to confirm the call and correctly rules the runner safe at home. It's not really controversial since it was 100% the correct call.

Disclaimer: I am not a Cardinals fan nor a Sox fan.

Yea I got my umps mixed up, and the "not immediately seen or heard" was referring to by me. Lol.

But yea thanks for the help.

This should clear up my mess ups:

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?topic_id=28898650&content_id=31185453

lol baseball is such a boring sport....i only watched 2, maybe 3 games of boston vs st louis cause a few of my friends at my college are boston fans. but other than the nats, i just do not care about baseball. like watching grass grow. #sorrynotsorry. you guys are all welcome to have your own opinion though, i am cool with that. carry on :)

Archived