Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 Major League Baseball Thread

Bubble Screen

It's not like the last 3 years the NL has won the WS.

Oh wait.

I only think there is one AL team that's capable of beating the NL champ in WS (Detroit).

I was taking the whole season into context. Who you've played, who is on you schedule and overall won/ lost records. Yes, the NL probably has better playoff teams at this point, but you guys say only Detroit could hang with the NL? I think Boston, TB and Texas could win it with their pitching and Oakland is a tough out. Top to bottom, the AL is better right now. Baseball with the expanding playoffs has sort of been like football is now. You only need to get in the playoffs and the best team doesn't always win it all. I'm not sure using the last 3 years of WS winners proves a whole lot.

They've been doing that (especially the pine tar deal) for like 10 years now. It's part of their culture

Yeah, I know. And it looked ridiculous then, too.

I'm not saying they should all be clean cut or anything. But damn...

MLB needs to intervene with the pine tar though. That is insane.

I just saw this lol

Bubble, aren't you a Braves fan? How many times are you going to let that team rip your heart out with disappointing postseasons before you just give up?

Oh, and 1996 and 1999.

:)

(I'm always down for baseball **** talk lol)

Lol According to the Nats thread, I was talking about their team when I made that comment. They are obsessed with me or something.

Actually, that comment could have fit both the Yanks and the Nats. Both fan bases are delusional if they think they are getting in the playoffs lol

As for 1996 and 1999. Aren't you like 19? Lmao You were still in diapers then. You can't brag about a title you weren't even around to witness. Come on. The Yankees haven't done much of anything most of your baseball watching years. And the Braves have been better lately.

I stick with all my teams through thick and thin. If they fail in the postseason again this year, so be it. I have a feeling the Heyward injury might have been the nail in our coffin. He was playing ridiculous baseball in the lead off spot when he went down.

Wait what?....I just re-read your post.

I considered the beginning of my baseball watching to start in 02-03.

Since then, the Yankees have done this:

1 WS TITLE

2 WS APPEARANCES

4 ALCS APPEARANCES

7 DIVISION TITLES

The Braves haven't been to the NLCS since when?

Dude, we're talking about the Yankees here, the team with the highest payroll every year. For them, winning one title in 10-11 years is considered failing.

By "The Braves have been better lately", I meant as in the last few years.

Archived