Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 Major League Baseball Thread

Bubble Screen

I know he pitched a 1-2-3 8th, but did Mariano deserve the MVP?

I didn't see the game, just cought the last inning.

No, but no one else really stood out. Plus it seemed that they were giving it to him as some sort of lifetime achievement thing. I didn't have a problem with it. I was more upset with Leyland running him out there in the 8th. That made no sense at all.

When is McCarver retiring? lol

Speaking of retiring, I think ole Neil should go ahead and hang up the mic. That was a painful rendition of what was once a great song.

Looks like our fun's over this year, National League brethren.

Yeah, looks like the Braves will just have to do it the hard way.

I don't have a problem with Leyland bringing in Rivera in the 8th. Yes it would have been great to see him get the save, but what if Nathan or someone else came in in the 8th and gave up 4 runs? Then Rivera doesn't get to pitch and everyone blasts Leyland for not getting Mo in the game. Rivera got his moment, which is what everyone wanted to see.

I don't have a problem with Leyland bringing in Rivera in the 8th. Yes it would have been great to see him get the save, but what if Nathan or someone else came in in the 8th and gave up 4 runs? Then Rivera doesn't get to pitch and everyone blasts Leyland for not getting Mo in the game. Rivera got his moment, which is what everyone wanted to see.

The NL barely even had anyone on base all night, so the likelihood of someone giving up 4 in the 8th was very small. Besides, if Leyland were worried about that, then he could have just brought in MO once the NL got a couple of guys on base.

I predict that a team not in first place at this year's AS break will win the WS this year.

;)

The Braves are in first.

The Braves are in first.

What's your point? Besides, who wants to see half attended WS games? ;)

Not a leap here..but I usually think it will be a wildcard team winning it since they are the ones who usually have to play competitive baseball the last month of the regular season and don't get to coast into the playoffs.

So the Yankees are pretty much done now, right? Jeter back on the DL, A-Rod with a setback, Tex done for the year, CC struggling, etc. Do they become sellers at the deadline or do they just do nothing?

Outside of Cano and Rivera (who's going nowhere), is there anyone on that team you really want?

So the Yankees are pretty much done now, right? Jeter back on the DL, A-Rod with a setback, Tex done for the year, CC struggling, etc. Do they become sellers at the deadline or do they just do nothing?

Outside of Cano and Rivera (who's going nowhere), is there anyone on that team you really want?

Good point. They could be in trouble for the next few years. It's not like they have much in their farm system. So unless they can go back to signing big FAs, they look to be on the down slope.

And are there even any big FAs coming up besides Cano?

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-baseball/22849636/ryan-braun-admits-ped-use-suspended-for-rest-of-2013

Brewers slugger Ryan Braun has been suspended for the rest of the 2013 season without pay, effective immediately, MLB has announced. He admitted to using performance-enhancing drugs and violating the Joint Drug Agreement, though he did not give any specifics.

“As I have acknowledged in the past, I am not perfect," said Braun in a statement. "I realize now that I have made some mistakes. I am willing to accept the consequences of those actions. This situation has taken a toll on me and my entire family, and it is has been a distraction to my teammates and the Brewers organization. I am very grateful for the support I have received from players, ownership and the fans in Milwaukee and around the country. Finally, I wish to apologize to anyone I may have disappointed – all of the baseball fans especially those in Milwaukee, the great Brewers organization, and my teammates. I am glad to have this matter behind me once and for all, and I cannot wait to get back to the game I love.”

so now he wants to admit to "mistakes"........

T.J. QuinnVerified account
‏@TJQuinnESPN
When he failed his test, Braun initially said he was the "victim of a flawed process." Also suggested drug collector had been out to get him

‏@TJQuinnESPN
Braun also threatened to sue over initial reports that he was connected to Biogenesis.

‏@TJQuinnESPN
Sources tell OTL MLB confronted Braun with volumes of evidence provided by Tony Bosch, including texts.

Dude we've been done for a minute now.

It's painful to watch these guys.

Luis Cruz? Alberto Gonzalez?

Yankees are ****ed for the next few seasons. Sadly, a lot of fans don't see it smh. I'm cool with it because I got a WS and three ALCS appearances out of it. Teams run out of steam eventually. 

Hopefully the process is sped up by A-Rod getting a 1933883 game suspension and the powers that be allow the Yankees to void that awful contract

Archived