Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 Major League Baseball Thread

Bubble Screen

• 2 weeks later...

Two months into the season and the Marlins have 16 wins. Yeesh.

6 of their wins have come against the Mets. I think this is the second time they won a game Harvey started. Crazy.

Almost forgot, Go Braves!

Nats have been one of the biggest disappointments of the season.

If A-Rod had any self-respect (or respect for the organization), he'd take a settlement on that idiotic contract and retire.

He's a bigger disgrace than Clemens

Why is it his fault that the Yankees made a terrible decision? Pretty difficult to shame the shameless. 

Not sure how this is going to get through the MLBPA. There's no evidence these guys cheated outside of checks and receipts. No positive tests. I don't see the Union just rolling over and letting these guys get suspended.

• 2 weeks later...

Thoughts going out to Alex Cobb.  That's the hardest hit ball I've ever seen hit a pitcher in the head.  It was absolutely sizzled.  I've always considered it to just be part of the game, but now I think something must be done.  Eventually someone is going to die.  Padded caps or move the mound back a little.  Stuff like masks and screen is the last case scenario, but man....

A little Father's day advice.

If you're raising a young player, do not let him watch the Yankees hit. Dear God, I cannot think of anything worse to subject a person too. The whole team swings for the fences every pitch. They have the 2nd-worst offense (thankfully, the Marlins have not been relegated yet). Their best hitter over the last month is Brett Gardner...

and yet I still fight with fellow fans on other boards about how they still think the Yankees can win this year when our SAVIORS (A-Roid, Grandy, and Jeter) comeback in their walkers. They honestly expect Teixeira to figure out his swing despite the fact that he has completely fallen off of a cliff.

Mercifully, the starting and relief pitching is decent.

rant over

3-4-5 hitters are 5 for 48 in their last four LMAOOOO

They've scored four runs or less in 19 of their last 22.

Teixiera has an issue with a wrist. That could account for his struggles.

How about those Braves. They had their league-leading 20th comeback win today. This team reminds me of an Earl Weaver team. Get a couple HR and then hold on for the win. They are fun to watch.

Teixiera has an issue with a wrist. That could account for his struggles.

How about those Braves. They had their league-leading 20th comeback win today. This team reminds me of an Earl Weaver team. Get a couple HR and then hold on for the win. They are fun to watch.

Teixeira has declined steadily since he developed that pull-first, upper cut train wreck of a swing in 2009.

It's nothing new

Thoughts going out to Alex Cobb.  That's the hardest hit ball I've ever seen hit a pitcher in the head.  It was absolutely sizzled.  I've always considered it to just be part of the game, but now I think something must be done.  Eventually someone is going to die.  Padded caps or move the mound back a little.  Stuff like masks and screen is the last case scenario, but man....

Kevlar lined hats. It's going to happen eventually. And while it probably wouldn't have made a difference, Cobb finishing his delivery with both feet on the ground and ready to play defense could have helped. Not hanging his leg in and air and finishing with his balance to the left of the mound and left arm down. 

Thoughts going out to Alex Cobb. That's the hardest hit ball I've ever seen hit a pitcher in the head. It was absolutely sizzled. I've always considered it to just be part of the game, but now I think something must be done. Eventually someone is going to die. Padded caps or move the mound back a little. Stuff like masks and screen is the last case scenario, but man....

Kevlar lined hats. It's going to happen eventually. And while it probably wouldn't have made a difference, Cobb finishing his delivery with both feet on the ground and ready to play defense could have helped. Not hanging his leg in and air and finishing with his balance to the left of the mound and left arm down.

Oh, I don't know about that. Like you said, those hats wouldn't have made much difference yesterday. You would almost have to wear some sort of helmet to prevent most of these things, and we know pitchers aren't going for that. And baseball is too much of a purist sport to make any major change like that.

If they don't make the college guys wear special hats, you know it isn't going to happen in MLB. Those metal bats make it even worse.

Archived