Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 Major League Baseball Thread

Bubble Screen

I'm sitting here watching the Braves, I wonder why no one makes an issue about the Braves fans doing an indian chop and singing an indian song.

I wonder why the Braves have been in Atlanta since 1966, and likely doing the chop as long, yet idiots out there are just now making a fuss? Same with the Redskins. The political correctness in our society has gone WAY overboard, and I'm sick of it.

The Redskins name is never changing, nor will the Braves stop doing the chop. Period.

Thank you for taking the quiz. See below for your results and the results from across SportsNation.

Your responses in bold text.

YOUR SCORE80%

You answered 8 out of the 10 questions correctly (shown in bold).
  • Total Participants: 263706
  • Average Score: 38%

I missed 8 and 9.  Eight is false and nine is false and I said true to both.

Don't look now, Jays with 10 wins in a row, and have 8 games vs the AL East coming up.

Jose Reyes might also be back this week, every fan is hoping Kawasaki doesnt get sent down to make room for him on the big league roster.

Even with 2 starters down, & R.A. Dickey not pitching well, the starting pitching has been great on this run, to match up with the stellar bullpen. Guys are getting timely hits, and I think the last 5 games they have scored in the first inning. Pitching with a lead has made a load of difference & the new infielders have finally gotten used to the AstroTurf & it's funny bounces.

Unless Boston comes back to earth, the best the Jays could pull off is a wildcard, not bad considering the local talk just before this winning streak was who to trade off in a mini rebuilding project.

After exhaling a bit following the Jays' sweep of my O's, I now believe Toronto will miss the playoffs and finish no better than third in the East. In just the 3-game series against the Orioles, they could have very easily lost 2 of those games. They SHOULD have lost game 1 and were 1 pitch away (and many balls probably should have been called strikes) from entering the 9th inning tied in game 2.

I think the Jays have plenty of talent but don't see them finishing too far above .500. This is coming from someone who assumed they would finish first when the season started (with TB finishing second).

Machado definitely should be getting the attention that Trout and Harper do. He's essentially the same age and his having a great season both offensively and defensively. I'm sure he'll end up on the All-Star team. But for a guy that is on pace to do something that has only been done 6 times before in the history of the game, he should be getting more press.

After exhaling a bit following the Jays' sweep of my O's, I now believe Toronto will miss the playoffs and finish no better than third in the East.

After the start they had, I think that's about right, could finish 4th or 5th if things go south. Fans were excited for this year, but the reality of 4 new starting pitchers, a new middle infield & left fielder set in, this team would take sometime to gel. Good thing for the Jays, this is not a 1 year run, everyone beyond Johnson is signed for at least 2 years. I think this season should help the team figure out what 1 or 2 pieces they need to go forward with.

As for Machado, Toronto fans take him seriuosly, but we have seen him a lot so far, he's played great- both at bat & in the field against the Jays. Kid can straight up ball, he's scary good and doesn't seem to have as big of a head or ego as Harper, which makes him more valuable IMO (plus he plays 3B instead of the OF).

The All Star game once again exposed for the joke it is. Can someone explain to me why Bryce Harper should be starting? What a joke! He shouldn't have made it last year either. For those reasons, and others, I will once again boycott watching this joke of a game.

Absolutely ludicrous that the winner of this game gets home field, when the most deserving players aren't even starting.

/end rant

• 2 weeks later...

The All Star game once again exposed for the joke it is. Can someone explain to me why Bryce Harper should be starting? What a joke! He shouldn't have made it last year either. For those reasons, and others, I will once again boycott watching this joke of a game.

Absolutely ludicrous that the winner of this game gets home field, when the most deserving players aren't even starting.

/end rant

This is what happens though when the starters and last player are selected by popular vote.

Hell, the NL was almost stuck with a player who has played 3-4 good weeks of baseball in his entire MLB career. By that logic, Justin Upton should be on the team for his first month of ball this year.

:rolleyes:

/end rant

This is what happens though when the starters and last player are selected by popular vote.

Hell, the NL was almost stuck with a player who has played 3-4 good weeks of baseball in his entire MLB career. By that logic, Justin Upton should be on the team for his first month of ball this year.

:rolleyes:

I absolutely can't stand the fact that homefield in the WS hinges on who wins the ASG. Its the single dumbest thing in sports. Selig is an idiot for allowing that. I also hate that every team has to be represented. Most years every team doesn't have a player that is worthy.

Bottom line, fans are stupid. They should be voting the most deserving players. But since they never will, they should just treat the game as an exibition. Get every player in the game, etc.

FWIW, the fans did get Freeman right. He is certainly deserving of being voted in.

Archived