Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 Major League Baseball Thread

Bubble Screen

lol baseball is such a boring sport....i only watched 2, maybe 3 games of boston vs st louis cause a few of my friends at my college are boston fans. but other than the nats, i just do not care about baseball. like watching grass grow. #sorrynotsorry. you guys are all welcome to have your own opinion though, i am cool with that. carry on :)

Great post dude,

Thanks for taking the time to post about something you do not like

Anyways...congrats Boston. You're still about 23+ away from the Bombers though.

Hal Steinbrenner...are we getting down to $185 mill or no?? 

Great post dude,

Thanks for taking the time to post about something you do not like

Anyways...congrats Boston. You're still about 23+ away from the Bombers though.

Hal Steinbrenner...are we getting down to $185 mill or no?? 

well, yeah the boston strong storyline actually was pretty cool.

lol baseball is such a boring sport....i only watched 2, maybe 3 games of boston vs st louis cause a few of my friends at my college are boston fans. but other than the nats, i just do not care about baseball. like watching grass grow. #sorrynotsorry. you guys are all welcome to have your own opinion though, i am cool with that. carry on :)

He calls baseball boring, yet he probably likes/plays soccer lol

Seriously though, why bother to open the thread if you dislike the game so much?

Must be nice to be a Boston fan and have won 3 SBs, 3WS, 1 Stanley Cup and an NBA title since 2001. Must be nice not to have all your teams not suck ass. I hope they drop the trophy and run over it like that soccer team did during their parade. Jeez I'd give my left arm for one of my teams to win "one" godamn title.

He calls baseball boring, yet he probably likes/plays soccer lol

Seriously though, why bother to open the thread if you dislike the game so much?

Nope, I dislike soccer as well. Baseball isn't that bad I guess, it just goes too slow. When the Nats aren't playing, I don't care as much. So I guess saying I hate baseball was kind of an overreaction.

• 2 weeks later...

Braves getting some new digs. Supposedly close to a 700 million stadium. Just gives the haters more reason to hate. :)

Right now, most of the haters are in the city of Atlanta.

Mostly people who go to 2-3 games a year are suddenly up in arms about the stadium moving 10 miles.  But from an ownership standpoint, it was a no-brainer.  Spend $200M of your own money to upgrade Turner Field or spend the same and get a brand new stadium.  And Turner Field, while a fine ballpark in and of itself, has some flaws that just aren't fixable.  Parking is inadequate and mass transit is not good enough to make up for it, and it's not in a great neighborhood and no one is interested in being there before/after the games.

Releasing the heat map of where ticket purchasers live was a genius stroke of marketing.  Very easy to justify it by saying we're moving closer to and making it more convenient for the core fanbase.

I live about 6 miles west of the new location, so needless to say I'm anxious to see what happens on multiple fronts - gameday traffic, local development, property values, mass transit, taxes...

heat-map.jpg

And for the Braves haters in the thread, blueprint of the new stadium:

BYzXKNICQAAmWFr.jpg

Hopefully the Braves can actually get people to show up to their games now. I remember when the Braves were "America's Team". They have a strong history, so why isn't anyone showing up?

Bliz illustrated reasons why. And Atlanta has a ton of transplants, too.

And I'm not sure why you always say the fans dont draw fans. They averaged 31,000 this year, I'm not mistaken. And who gives a crap if they only drew 46,000 for a few playoff games instead of 48,000. Big deal. They went to the playoffs every year for a decade plus. The novelty had worn off.

How does Francona win AL manager of the year over Farrell?

Was thinking the same thing. I mean Francona did a good job, don't get me wrong, but Farrell took a team from worst to WS winner. No one was expecting the Red Sox to do anything and they finished with the best record in baseball. Not sure how Farrell could have done a better job.

Was thinking the same thing. I mean Francona did a good job, don't get me wrong, but Farrell took a team from worst to WS winner. No one was expecting the Red Sox to do anything and they finished with the best record in baseball. Not sure how Farrell could have done a better job.

They don't take postseason into account, which is stupid.  Francona won 2 WS with Boston yet never had won Manager of the Year. 

I still think Farrell did enough in the regular season to win the award though.  He turned a 69 win last place club into a 97 win division champion.  I don't know, maybe all the praise that Cherington has gotten watered down Farrell's case a bit. 

Either way, I'm happy for Tito.  It's long overdue. 

They don't take postseason into account, which is stupid.  Francona won 2 WS with Boston yet never had won Manager of the Year. 

I still think Farrell did enough in the regular season to win the award though.  He turned a 69 win last place club into a 97 win division champion.  I don't know, maybe all the praise that Cherington has gotten watered down Farrell's case a bit. 

Either way, I'm happy for Tito.  It's long overdue. 

Yeah I know they don't take the postseason into account, but like you said, Farrell did enough even w/o the WS win.

Not saying Francona didn't do a great job in Cleveland this year, but Farrell definitely should have gotten it. Kinda like last year where Melvin got it over Showalter.

How does Francona win AL manager of the year over Farrell?

I don't get that either. Worst to first in division should win you the award, especially when you go on to win the WS. I think they vote on this stuff, prior to the playoffs. But they might want to re-think that. Makes no sense that Farrell doesn't win it.

From Rotoworld:

Major League Baseball owners have approved a replay challenge system for the 2014 season.

Managers will get two challenges that can be used at any point in the game. If a play is challenged and overturned, the manager gets to keep that challenge. It'd make much more sense to put a separate umpire in a replay booth and have him review every play, but the owners have settled on a manager challenge system and are expected to get the approval of the players and umps. Expect some complications in 2014.

Tim Hudson likely to the Giants.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9997202/san-francisco-giants-closing-deal-tim-hudson

Since they can't get power hitters to come, loading up on pitching makes sense. 

Plus, if anyone could mentor Lincecum about changing from a power pitcher to a guy who can keep the runs down and go deep into a game, it's Hudson.

Archived