Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 Major League Baseball Thread

Bubble Screen

Ok, I'll bite. Why on earth do you hate McCann? The guy is an awesome dude. Great teammate. Solid player.

I'm a Nats fan, and I've always respected McCann's ability.  I just don't like him because he was a Brave.  Also, this is just a personal gut feeling, but McCann seems like the type of veteran who is an old school type, respects the whole earning your stripes thing, and I have a feeling that he had something to do with the Harper incidents.  On the other hand, Justin Upton, who took the Strasburg fastball in retaliation and didn't complain...nothing but respect for that guy....minus the Braves uniform of course.

On another note, congrats to the Orioles from ridding themselves of Jim Johnson.  Unless someone wants to argue with me again that he's "the best closer in the game."  I'm so proud of him for having back to back 50 save seasons, but that will happen when the offense only scores just enough to give you that many opportunities.  No closer should have 9 blown saves in a season or the low K/9 rate he has, he's just waiting to get teed up every time he enters the game.  And before you say anything, no, I'm not happy about having Rafael Soriano on my team, 43 saves or not.  Point is, there's no way JJ is worth the 6 Million plus he's getting in arbitration, I just can't believe the A's of all teams were willing to pay it.  And again, no, I'm not happy Soriano is making 11-12 million.

Terrible deal. Nothing else to be said really. Congrats to Cano, though.

That deal is going to be awful when he's making 24-26 million a season and pushing 40.  Seattle better get their "he's using PEDS and needs to be suspended and removed from our payroll" case in order over the next 5-6 seasons.

McCann is a ****, plain and simple. The Braves had more bench clearing incidents than any other MLB team last year. Hint: it wasn't the other team that had issues.

Now to the signing of McCann to a 5 year $85M contract? He will be 34 at the end of the contract. Catchers don't stay behind the plate to 34. Where is he going to play? DH? 1B? The Yanks overpaid. $17M/year? 2nd highest paid catcher in MLB?

Dude, get over yourself. McCann is one of the more respected players in the game. Funny, you didn't bold the part where I said Fernandez and the Brewers player apologized for their actions. Typical hater. I guess I would hate the Braves, too, if my team was predicted to win the WS, yet finished 10 games out of first lol.

And Forehead: I appreciate your honesty. I get hating the uniform. Hell, I hate the Yanks with a passion. But I have nothing but respect for a guy like Jeter.

Dude, get over yourself. McCann is one of the more respected players in the game. Funny, you didn't bold the part where I said Fernandez and the Brewers player apologized for their actions. Typical hater. I guess I would hate the Braves, too, if my team was predicted to win the WS, yet finished 10 games out of first lol.

I don't care if he is "respected" in the league. The Braves caused the escalation in both those incidents. McCann getting in a kids grill before he crossed the plate isn't "old school" or "doing the right thing". It is punk, pure and simple. This isn't "hate" because even the Baseball Tonight and MLB Network analysts have stated as much. The Braves led the league in bench clearing incidents. That doesn't happen on accident. Bryce Harper doesn't get drilled 3 times in a week on accident. And the whole getting upset about a guy walking it off is kinda hypocritical when you have Justin Upton admiring every HR he hit last year.

Why is it cool if he does it, but bush when a team does it to your pitching staff.

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=30934665

McCann himself has admired his HRs. (there are several shots he admires)

Gattis did it last year too. (again, multiple slow exits as he admires a HR)

So, you can gloat all you want about winning the division. But the Braves are a sensitive, fragile mess. And McCann is a punk.

Dude, when you're a ROOKIE you don't get to admire your first HR like a douche. And everyone and their brother thought the Brewers d bag was out of line, including his OWN manager! I don't write the rules. If you have a problem with how the rules of old school are, fine. But you come off whiny, given the Braves punked your team this year.

And btw, the Marlins manger also said Jose was wrong. But just ignore the fact that BOTH players AND their managers admitted McCann was right lol

As for Harper: he needed to be brought down a notch. And I heard Joe Simpson comment that the whole Haper beaning thing was something that had been building. Supposedly the Braves had finally had enough of his antics.

And let's not pretend Harper is an angel. He ****es nearly every time he is called out on strikes. And remember the Cole Hamels incident? It's just not the Braves that were tired of his act. He's the actual punk. It's comical that you think McCann is a bad guy.

Anyway, McCann is no longer a Brave. So go whine about him on a Yanks board. I wish the guy luck. But I would rather talk about current Braves.

You do realize this is a Washington Sports board, right? And YOU brought up Nats fans whining. And ESTABLISHED baseball people (former players, you know, people that lived by the old school baseball rules) commented about how punkish the Braves were last year. And how Harper plays the game the RIGHT way.

You troll hard. So why don't YOU go live on a Braves board.

Bubble, I'm okay with McCann, but Popeman is right here.  This is a Washington sports board.  And why did Harper need to be brought down a peg?  If he ****es about strikes, that's really more against the umpire, not the other team.  He doesn't chirp at other teams from the dugout, and as a former pitcher, I appreciate the fact that he runs around the bases after a homerun.  Kid plays hard.  And the Hamels incident was awesome, if I'm remembering the right one.  Take the HBP then steal home on the guy?  That's the ultimate hard nosed, FU move that still within the unwritten rules.

Bubble, I'm okay with McCann, but Popeman is right here. This is a Washington sports board. And why did Harper need to be brought down a peg? If he ****es about strikes, that's really more against the umpire, not the other team. He doesn't chirp at other teams from the dugout, and as a former pitcher, I appreciate the fact that he runs around the bases after a homerun. Kid plays hard. And the Hamels incident was awesome, if I'm remembering the right one. Take the HBP then steal home on the guy? That's the ultimate hard nosed, FU move that still within the unwritten rules.

I know it's a Washington sports board, but hes talking about a guy that is no longer even a Brave. That's why I told him he could take it up with Yankee fans.

But he's not right about McCann. The incidents he's referring to, BOTH TIMES, the player AND the player's manager admitted their guy was wrong. And for as many people he could find that didn't like what McCann did, I could find just as many, or more, that liked what he did. But like I said, he doesn't play for us anymore, so I really don't care.

Anyone see that Mark Mulder is planning on making a comeback.  He was one of my favorite pitchers to watch when he was in Oakland.  Smooth delivery, good stuff.  Be interesting to see what he has left after a few seasons of retirement.  I'll bet he gets a camp invite or two.  The Nats I know are looking for a pen lefty, though I don't know that they'd go this direction.

Archived