Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How is RGIII? (merged)

Crazed Bengal

I agree that I am not an orthopedic surgeon but I am an anesthesia provider so I put patients to sleep a lot that have these injuries .

If these rumors that are floating around are true I may need you to put me to sleep.

I follow basically every Redskins reporter on Twitter. Their silence is killing me. Been a half hour since any of them said anything.

Skins have asked all reports and communication to come thru Shanahan's PC at 3:00. This according to ESPN980 guys

A person's ACL and PCL are generally controlled by someone's DNA. NFL players have good DNA helping the ACL and PCL, and also MCL and LCL. IDK, and YDKE, if its the LCL, MCL, PCL or ACL this time. ICYMI, no MRI on the LCL, PCL, ACL or MCL has been done yet. But, YOLO, so HTTR.
:gus: This post basically sums up what ES will look like until 2014.

I'm not ready for 3:00, guys. I'm just not.

A person's ACL and PCL are generally controlled by someone's DNA. NFL players have good DNA helping the ACL and PCL, and also MCL and LCL. IDK, and YDKE, if its the LCL, MCL, PCL or ACL this time. ICYMI, no MRI on the LCL, PCL, ACL or MCL has been done yet. But, YOLO, so HTTR.

LOL. try saying that 10 times fast....

its hard not to get mad at the coaches and doctors at this point if true. i haven't even heard of the PCL before

Agreed. For me, it's more on the doctors. I didn't agree with Shany leaving him out there but I understand. If he's medically cleared by the doctors it's a gut decision. I blame Mike because to me it looked like he wasn't healthy enough to be effective but I don't fault him for the further injury.

this can't be real life....

yes it was a freak accident, but all because of a terrible snap....

It wasn't the bad snap that caused it. A healthy knee doesn't buckle like that in that situation.

If RG3 is out for next season we will not hear the end of this. Will be a bigger story then what ever happens in the next playoff round. This city will implode, Shanahan will be hunted. My heart can't take it.

It will be a huge story and many will incorrectly call for Shanahan's head but to me, the medical staff and Dr Andrews are the people I'm looking at. That's great that you were nervous, Dr Andrews, but if it was that risky why the **** did you clear him to play?

I'm a Shanny guy, but it's going to be tough for him to survive this if true.

I don't think it will.

I blame our god awful fanbase that can't take a loss without wanting to skewer half our team.

:applause: Such a ****ing whiny, reactionary bunch.

Shanny and son were like deer in the headlights. One of the worst coaching decisions I've ever seen. If RGIII is out until 2014 and his career is put in jeopardy, Shanny should be fired immediately.

Massive overreaction. Some of the training staff on the other hand? We can talk.

Criticize away. I won't argue that Shanny screwed up. I just find some of the reactionary bull**** to be particularly over the top. Declaring that our coaching staff must be axed pending Griffin's medical prognosis is just one such reaction.

Agreed

If Dr James Andrews really had concerns, he should have voiced them much louder. Dude was hedging his bets at best.

110% agreed.

I mean seriously. Andrews got a good look at him after the first tweak. Why would he say he was okay to go back in?

That's the question I can't get out of my head, either. Was the medical advice poor or just blatantly ignored? I have a feeling we'll never really know but either way, the situation was handled poorly.

And what about Griffin's role in all this?

He has a role in it, to an extent, but these guys need to be protected from themselves because most of them would crawl back onto the field if allowed. Ultimately, it seems obvious in hindsight that someone, somehow at some point from the medical staff should have been in Shany's ear saying "this is crazy, you've got to pull him, he's going to tear that knee up".

I just heard double amputation and ebola.

:rotflmao: Much needed brevity at the moment. Hilarious.

I'm starting to think Dr. James Andrews likes being on the sidelines a little too much.

That USA Today article was conscience talking.

Because he did clear RG3 at some point.

Again, agreed 110%. The foreboding with his USA Today comments was rather eery in hindsight, though. At the end of the day the medical guys cleared him to play and they're the doctors, they're the ones who evaluate the medical risk. They're responsible for making sure the coaches know if he can or can't continue to play.

If it's true...I'm done for awhile. You can only take so much suffering. I know I sound like I'm ******** and this is just a game, but my God...how much more do I have to put up with?

Why does this matter so much to me?

Youre 19. I was there myself at that age.

Eventually it wont.

If it's true...I'm done for awhile. You can only take so much suffering. I know I sound like I'm ******** and this is just a game, but my God...how much more do I have to put up with?

Why does this matter so much to me?

I'm with you. I'm done for this season. No playoffs, no Super Bowl. No nothing. It's not life or death, but it's enough for me to not want to watch anything NFL related.

:ols:

Archived