Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How is RGIII? (merged)

Crazed Bengal

That's a good question, find myself asking the same thing. His coach trusted him, put his faith in the player and it went bad. I fault Griffin for not realizing the consequences as much (or more) than Coach..

Again--it's the job of the 50-something head coach with broader perspective to use his own judgment and his own eyes and make his own decision. Relying on RGIII who is as tough a competitor as they come at the age of 22 in his first playoff game in his first season is not the way to go.

Just wondering, but if it is worst case and Griff is out for awhile does he get his speed back? Or is this a career changing type of injury?

I think this will have a tremendous negative impact on his future. I was saying take him out of the damn game after halftime and now this.

this is just un****ing believable. No risk of reinjury my ****ing ass. I'm livid

That's what's so confusing to me at this point. I was under the impression from what the doctors and Mike said that their was no risk for further injury, and his knee was 100%. He clearly didn't look to be 100% right after this was said (I think the Philly game), and hasn't looked close to 100% at any point after the original injury. Now he re- injures his knee and it's possibly worse than the original injury? Something is NOT adding up. Did someone misdiagnose him originally, or were we all given false information in the first place? This doesn't make sense at all.

Thank you. So much pessimism in this thread. (Almost) everything is fixable. Robert will work hard to get healthy, and I believe he will.

Agree....I wouldn't plan on him being back, but its not out of the realm of possibilities. Suggs, Ray Lewis, Welker, Peterson....all made it back very quickly. Get Kirk ready and if RG3 is ready by TC, than so be it....if he has to sit for a few weeks, thats fine as well. I'd be stunned if he missed all of next season.

I agree with the sentiment to wait until everything is confirmed but for everybody mentioning Adrian Peterson, remember these are two very diffrent players playing a DIFFERENT position.

I would think somebody as young and dedicated as RGIII could come back and rebound quickly but this is a quarterback. If he cannot plant and throw during OTA's, mini-camp and training camp, he cannot build timing with the receivers among other things.

I HOPE that the rumor is incorrect because I don't think I can take all the "I told you so's" we will hear from the press or the sickening jubilation of some jerk fans of other teams.

He's 22. Thinks he's invincible. It's the job of the head coach and the doctors to look past his competitive spirit and do what's best for him and the team. Keeping him in the game was the wrong decision for him, the team and the entire organization.

Except he's been through this before. You'd think he would have learned a little something from his previous rehab.

People do need to realize that athletes today (especially of RG's caliber) return faster and stronger than ever before.... Even when the diagnosis is very bad.

Peterson tore his knee to shreds on Christmas Eve, was fully ready week one the next year, and had arguably the best season for a RB in NFL history. Wes Welker has tore multiple ligaments in week 17 and was a full go week one the next year....

I agree Shanny should have taken him out, not defending that at all. But the overreactions about his career (or even next year) being ended are a little over the top right now

That's what's so confusing to me at this point. I was under the impression from what the doctors and Mike said that their was no risk for further injury, and his knee was 100%. He clearly didn't look to be 100% right after this was said (I think the Philly game), and hasn't looked close to 100% at any point after the original injury. Now he re- injures his knee and it's possibly worse than the original injury? Something is NOT adding up. Did someone misdiagnose him originally, or were we all given false information in the first place? This doesn't make sense at all.

That can't be right--of course there's further risk to his knee. There can be no guarantee that a more significant injury won't take place once you step onto the field.

Agree....I wouldn't plan on him being back, but its not out of the realm of possibilities. Suggs, Ray Lewis, Welker, Peterson....all made it back very quickly. Get Kirk ready and if RG3 is ready by TC, than so be it....if he has to sit for a few weeks, thats fine as well. I'd be stunned if he missed all of next season.

I'm just an optimist...

i've been beating this drum for the past 18 hours or so

That's true--but you didn't need hindsight to know it was the wrong decision. If nothing else, you could see, and Shanny could see that the offense was completely ineffective after he tweaked his knee. That alone should have been enough to pull him.

I saw Dr Andrews on the broadcast more than once.

Archived