Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How is RGIII? (merged)

Crazed Bengal

And what about Griffin's role in all this?

He's 22. Thinks he's invincible. It's the job of the head coach and the doctors to look past his competitive spirit and do what's best for him and the team. Keeping him in the game was the wrong decision for him, the team and the entire organization.

I agree he will get healthy just is going to suck with the ability to have this offseason workouts,otas, and training camp not having your qb. The qb is a lot different than ap or weaker coming back from an acl injury. So the cohesiveness of offense is going to be put on hold. I know people will say Brady came back and had a great year, but he had already been in league for a while and surrounding cast was together for a while. Rgiii has been here less than a year. If he does have this bad of an injury it could possibly effect is all next year.

I said this in the other thread, but from what I've read about PCLs, I am very uncomfortable right now with RGIIIs future. Not just whether he will be back next year. This is a ****ty, ****ty day.

Same here.... people don't believe it, but I'm more than convinced that this city is cursed :(

Get well, Robert!

I said this in the other thread, but from what I've read about PCLs, I am very uncomfortable right now with RGIIIs future. Not just whether he will be back next year. This is a ****ty, ****ty day.

That's my biggest fear.

Could this be career altering? Will he ever be the same? Will he be out of the league in 4 seasons?

Ugh. :(

He's 22. Thinks he's invincible. It's the job of the head coach and the doctors to look past his competitive spirit and do what's best for him and the team. Keeping him in the game was the wrong decision for him, the team and the entire organization.

hindsight is a beneficial perspective.

hindsight is a beneficial perspective.

That's true--but you didn't need hindsight to know it was the wrong decision. If nothing else, you could see, and Shanny could see that the offense was completely ineffective after he tweaked his knee. That alone should have been enough to pull him.

That's a good question, find myself asking the same thing. His coach trusted him, put his faith in the player and it went bad. I fault Griffin for not realizing the consequences as much (or more) than Coach..

It is never a players job to decide who plays and who doesn't. It is really that simple.

Archived