Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Want Seattle(and other Seahawks pregame strategy thread)

TeddyKGB

Seattle is a very HOT team coming in to this game, so our the Redskins. I personally believe this is going to be a tough game, our D is going to have to step it up like they did tonight. (off subject but man it feels good to send Dallas home packing and us going 10-6 for the year and winning the division to give us a playoff birth) Back to the game against Seattle; I like our chances here! Reason being is they run a very similar offense to ours, using the zone read and getting Wilson outside of the pocket, using his legs to create plays....who better than to stop their offense? we were created and built upon the very same aspect on which Seattles offense is successful. Our offense has none other than the master of the zone read option (RG3), you couldnt ask for a better "scout team" QB to prepare our Defense for this upcoming week.

As for our offense, like RG3 said tonight you try and stop Morris on the run, you have to consider RG3 a threat and vice versa....I do believe its going to take more of 9-18 completions to win this game however, as I see Alfred getting somewhere in 100-120 yards for the game. Its going to take a stellar performance on both ends, but in RG3 and our offense I believe....and lets not forget this is in our house, and for the ones who were on that 2007 run and fell short im sure they still have a bitter sweet taste in their mouth and want their revenge.

also, consider the fact that we have a very hungry team that has been playing balls out the past 7 weeks and have completely changed their mindset and are believers themselves!

:dallasuck

Just a reminder, in case some folks forgot...

Seattle is the same fanbase that made racist remarks toward Sean Taylor in the stands in 2007. Multiple Redskins fans who attended the game reported hearing Seattle fans refer to ST with the "n" word, or the racially charged "thug."

Female Redskins fans was groped or sexually assaulted in the stadium and/or parking lot.

This **** is personal.

This is like the 1990 game vs. the Eagles in the WC round.

Bury these ****es.

That **** is beyond horrible and disgraceful. Their fanbase, while loyal, has seemed a little too fanatic to me. I also think one of their newspaper columnists was vehemently rooting for the Seahawks to end the Skins run in '07 after ST passed away.

Yeah, I have been on this site for a long time, know all about that stuff, remember it well, and have also lived in SEA area for twenty years and been to many games. I am no hawk lover, but some of the hate here gets overdone and some stories from "back then" were downright made up and then echoed as though real. Sadly, this is all stuff some people do. :(

SEA used to be the franchise everyone joked about for being too polite and too mellow. Now, they have accumulated their share of *******s for sure, and even some really bad apples (like most places, including DC). But the vast majority are still pretty normal people (like anywhere except Philly I guess).

This is not dismissive of anyone's actual bad experience, either (which I shouldn't need to say, but again, I know the internet message-board turf, so I will say it). If I had ever been able to get my hands on creeps that dissed Sean's tragic passing, I'd do bad things to them ;).

I also saw similar garbage from some SF and OAK fans and even some Cowboy fans out here, too. Vermin like we're talking about in those cases exist in every fan base. It's not a case of "some cities have people like that and some don't."

That said, carry on. :)

And **** the seahawks. :)

I read some posts from a couple of their boards. I'd say a lot of them seem pretty confident that they can blow us out by focusing on Alf and forcing RG3 to pass.

Also, playing against Kapernick and Cam should have them plenty prepared for our Zone Read game in their eyes.

I hope their D comes in as aggressive and confident as their fans :).

RotY yes. MVP no.

I think RotY should be either Griffin or Wilson, depending on the outcome of next week's game. Its a two horse race in my opinion.

But MVP is between Manning and Peterson. It has to be.

Rookie of the year is only regular season results. I think RG3 will get it, but I wouldn't be surprised if people vote for Wilson.

If Luck gets it then it's a farce, considering how Dalton didn't get it last year when he was in the playoffs and Cam's 6-10 team did. RG3 AND Wilson are both in the playoffs and outperformed Luck statistically.

Manning probably gonna get MVP due to being a QB, and Peterson OPOY. Comeback player of the year will be an interesting vote.... maybe tie between them..

Seattle's defense is the best in the NFL, by far, IMO. Miles ahead of anything we've faced this year. ESPN said the line opened with the Seahawks as 2.5 point favorites. Personally, I disagree with it, but I'll take it: any "no respect" card that we can play up for bulletin board material, the better.

I read some posts from a couple of their boards. I'd say a lot of them seem pretty confident that they can blow us out by focusing on Alf and forcing RG3 to pass.

Also, playing against Kapernick and Cam should have them plenty prepared for our Zone Read game in their eyes.

I hope their D comes in as aggressive and confident as their fans :).

Little do those fools know we're the master of the read play. And aside from N.E. we are by far the best offense they've faced. Let them talk, we will show them what the real deal is on Sunday :)

The seahags D is not the 2000 Ravens, The Steel Curtain or the 85 Bears. Our receivers are very physical as is our rookie running back and our O line, so the seahags will not just run roughshod over the offense. This offense has several ways to make overly aggressive defenses pay. As much as I respect Marshawn Lynch and what he does, this same defense kept Adrian Peterson in check and under 100 yards this year. I like our chances. None of our guys are shaking in their boots about Seattle. Obviously there is a respect/admiration factor but not fear. Look at what they have done the past 7 weeks, we can beat any team at home or on the road. How could I not believe in my Skins??

RG3 should be at 100% by that point. Seattle has been better lately because their offense is mimicking ours, so our defense in theory should be prepared. Seattle is not as good on the road, and their defense can and has been exposed. Won't be an easy game, but Redskins can win. Any Redskins fan who thinks we don't stand a chance hasn't been paying attention.

Another game where justice would be so sweet. Can't believe they keep coming. But, just look at this one. We've been a fan base starved for success and the last two times we came close and went on some nice runs we had to go TO Seattle and end our seasons there.

Simply amazing how it's worked out that they have to come to Washington now.

Simply amazing how it's worked out that they have to come to Washington now.

It is really strange how things have been lining up. First, the Giants lose by one point to us after we blew that game in NJ. We have a similar divisional lineup to the playoffs as we did in 2005. Our QB even gets hurt and we have to rely on a running game in the final one (like vs. Philly in 2005.) Beating rookie QBs when we were so bad against them before. Beating the Ravens for the first time since..? Sweeping Eagles and Cowboys. We beat Dallas on Thanksgiving and even fend off what would have been a heart wrenching comeback loss, we beat Dallas in a play-in game to avenge 1979. The Giants miss the playoffs altogether after Capgate. Then Seattle has to come to US to play. I mean, how odd is it that the only three times since after 99 that we make the playoffs and we face Seattle each time (though obv. Tampa in the wild card game in 2005)?

It is really strange how things have been lining up. First, the Giants lose by one point to us after we blew that game in NJ. We have a similar divisional lineup to the playoffs as we did in 2005. Our QB even gets hurt and we have to rely on a running game in the final one (like vs. Philly in 2005.) Beating rookie QBs when we were so bad against them before. Beating the Ravens for the first time since..? Sweeping Eagles and Cowboys. We beat Dallas on Thanksgiving and even fend off what would have been a heart wrenching comeback loss, we beat Dallas in a play-in game to avenge 1979. The Giants miss the playoffs altogether after Capgate. Then Seattle has to come to US to play. I mean, how odd is it that the only three times since after 99 that we make the playoffs and we face Seattle each time (though obv. Tampa in the wild card game in 2005)?

I'm telling you, man. :ols:

Seattle is so similar to us it's crazy. They totally robbed our zone read game as Carroll has admitted. You have the Young Rookie QBs running the zone read stuff, dominant running backs, and some playmakers at receiver. Defensively Seattle is a LOT better than us which may be the difference BUT they do have to travel west to East and the Skins got the homefield. It should be a great game though

That's speaking about the matchup itself but as a Fan, DAMN, we cannot lose to these guys again. We got the homefield this time.

Seattle does not scare me at all. They won 8 at home, one with the help of replacement refs, had a neutral site game vs the bills that was like a home game, they won 2 other games on the road all year and had a stupid easy schedule. Playing in Seattle is a different story, but playing them at home, I think the skins got the easiest team to beat in the playoffs in their first round match up.

Golden Tate annoys me, Sherman should be suspended & I really wouldn't mind seeing Pete Carroll get knocked out on the sideline during a game, so it would feel nice to beat Seattle on top of the payback I already want from them.

This team looks like it could make a dirty roll deep into the playoffs, dirty in the sense wins won't come by the conventional 300 yards passing with 4 TD's, I think the wins will come the way the opportunities present themselves to RG3. If running Alfred 30+ times vs Seattle works, they will do that, & if RG3 has to scamper for first downs while running outside if the pocket vs SF, then that's what they will do. With RG3 at the helm, I have all the confidence he will lead them to a win one way or another.

Well a few things. We all know Seattle is terrible traveling, has been for a very long time. Also our defense has been practicing against RG3 so they will be prepared in that aspect. I am just hoping the crowd is rocking like it was last night and we can do what we did last night, control the clock and control the lead

Jan 14 2005 - what a crappy birthday. I am sick of losing to this damn team, we need to send them hom packing

Archived