Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Want Seattle(and other Seahawks pregame strategy thread)

TeddyKGB

I love these Cowboys fans saying Seattle with their 3-5 road record is gonna come in and stomp the Redskins...get a grip on reality

Make no mistake about it, Seattle is a very good football team.

I think we have a good chance because we get them at home, but let's not sell them short. Take a look at what they have done this month and you will not take them lightly.

Winning this one would be especially sweet because of 2005 and 2007, and we have stepped up big in such cases this year, but this is far from a sure thing. I believe we can, I even believe we will, but I'm not betting too much on it.

You guys have NO IDEA about the Seahawks. I live very close to Seattle. This one means more to me than any other game this year.

We have to win. Otherwise I have to quit my job and move.

worst fans in the nfl. complain about everything. still bitter about calls from super bowl xl. most believe that blown call against packers was actually correct. they feel disrespected about russell wilson. they better be scared of our team..but they also have a great team that, is dirty as hell, but screw them

I hope the Seattle road team shows up and we get our revenge from '05 and '07.

That Seattle road team has lost those 5 games by a GRAND TOTAL of 24 points and hasn't lost by more than 7 points - literally were in every game until the last possession - so any way you look at it...you'll get a dog-fight. As a Seahawk fan, I actually like the way we match up against the Skins - should be a great game :)

That Seattle road team has lost those 5 games by a GRAND TOTAL of 24 points and hasn't lost by more than 7 points - literally were in every game until the last possession - so any way you look at it...you'll get a dog-fight. As a Seahawk fan, I actually like the way we match up against the Skins - should be a great game :)

Well that didn't take long. . .

Seriously, I also expect a good game. To my fellow 'skins fans I say don't sell Russell Wilson, Marshawn Lynch, and the Seattle defense short, but to you I say don't sell us short either. This seven game win streak could very well be an eight game win streak next week.

---------- Post added December-31st-2012 at 12:55 AM ----------

Who do we play if we beat Seattle?

I'm pretty sure it depends how the other wild card game goes. The highest seeded team always gets lowest seeded team I think. Maybe somebody can verify.

Skins can beat anyone but Seattle is a different animal then what they are used to facing defensively. It's much different having Seattle's defense on the other side instead of teams like Philly and Dallas.

Seattle has a tough, punishing defense that will attack Morris. Also they can generate pressure on the QB which could be troublesome especially with RG III's still gimpy knee.

Their cornerbacks are tough and physical with speed.

Very quietly the Skins deep passing game has disappeared in the past couple weeks - not sure if that is because of RG III's health or adjustments made by the opposition. Will need to take some deep shots against Seattle to at least keep the defense from stacking the box to stop Alfred.

I've been waiting for this one for a while and it's about time that Seattle has to play us in our house.

They knocked us out of the playoffs in 2005 and 2007 because they were at home. On the road they are ***** cats so this will be a cakewalk for us. You can bank on that.

Already got my playoff tickets reserved and can't wait for this one.

HTTR!

Not sure if it was mentioned in this thread yet, but we get Cedric Griffin back next week who was playing pretty solid as the nickel CB, so if you thought we were dialing up the blitz before, with a healthier secondary on the field, I'd expect to see the blitz even more, and more exotic & disguised.

I know Seattle has looked like a beast, and Wilson has come on lately, but he is still a rookie, and the odds are that he will run into a defense that is crafty enough to confuse him with disguised coverage. The key of course will be stopping Lynch and the running game, but the 'Skins strength on defense has been running defense, even against physical running backs.

Also, lets look at their offense. They do not have the threats at WR or TE that a team like Dallas has. I was much more afraid that Romo sits to pee was going to burn our blitz a lot more then he actually did. They don't have a Witten or Dez Bryant to beat that coverage and turn a blitz into a huge play. If I had to guess I am thinking they will attempt a lot of screens to Lynch when we blitz, but Haslett is probably prepared for that too.

Stop Lynch, and contain Wilson. Won't be able to completely shut him down, but force him to have to pass in uncomfortable situations.

Archived