Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Want Seattle(and other Seahawks pregame strategy thread)

TeddyKGB

Just a reminder, in case some folks forgot...

Seattle is the same fanbase that made racist remarks toward Sean Taylor in the stands in 2007. Multiple Redskins fans who attended the game reported hearing Seattle fans refer to ST with the "n" word, or the racially charged "thug."

Female Redskins fans was groped or sexually assaulted in the stadium and/or parking lot.

This **** is personal.

This is like the 1990 game vs. the Eagles in the WC round.

Bury these ****es.

I never knew this stuff.....what the hell. Yeah bury them

---------- Post added December-31st-2012 at 07:40 AM ----------

The Hawks are what 1-7 going from West Coast to East Coast....hope that stays alive. Wish it was the 1pm game though

The Seattle offense worries me a lot less than the Cowboys' did. Marshawn Lynch is a stud, but as a collective unit I will take Wilson/Lynch/Rice/Tate/Baldwin/Miller over Romo sits to pee/Murray/Bryant/Austin/Ogletree/Witten every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

This game will come down to "how disruptive can our 12th man be," and does our O bring it to their D.

We also hardly turn the ball over, so you won't see them getting short field position the way they did against the 9ers.

Seattle has been playin' some good ball lately, can't blame 'em for drubbing weak teams, you play the schedule they give you. Lynch has been an absolute beast, no denying it.

There's no shame in admitting the other team is good, I know a lot of people are out of practice at it but this is what the playoffs are about. I'm thrilled that we get them here instead @ Qwest, but this is gonna be an epic game.

Im Sorry but seattle doesn't scare me. Their strength is their run game which i our strength as well - AKA run D. Again not scared of Seahawk run O.

Right there with you. Only thing that worries me is their D, but if "we" can move it on them they're in for a long day.

It's nice they blew out the Bills and Cardinals and got everybody excited but it's time to come down to earth.

Don't disrespect the Seahawks' offense. Between Marshawn Lynch and Russell Wilson's ability to extend plays with 10+ seconds of scrambling, we've got our work cut out for us. The keys will be for coverage to play until the whistle, and not flush Russell out of the pocket.

Does this mean Cederic Griifin will be back? I think his suspension is up, we definitely could use him to relieve our corners on a few plays but I love Crawford so far!

Yes, he will be back. DJ Johnson will get cut to make room for him.

Shanahan's vs Pete Carroll, i put my money on Rg3 and the Skins. Gonna be sporting my skins gear all week in the great northwest

I hate Pete Carroll. He's been a real ass lately. I'd love for Shanahan to outcoach him in this game and send him home with a loss.

Seattle does not scare me at all. They won 8 at home, one with the help of replacement refs, had a neutral site game vs the bills that was like a home game, they won 2 other games on the road all year and had a stupid easy schedule. Playing in Seattle is a different story, but playing them at home, I think the skins got the easiest team to beat in the playoffs in their first round match up.

Golden Tate annoys me, Sherman should be suspended & I really wouldn't mind seeing Pete Carroll get knocked out on the sideline during a game, so it would feel nice to beat Seattle on top of the payback I already want from them.

This team looks like it could make a dirty roll deep into the playoffs, dirty in the sense wins won't come by the conventional 300 yards passing with 4 TD's, I think the wins will come the way the opportunities present themselves to RG3. If running Alfred 30+ times vs Seattle works, they will do that, & if RG3 has to scamper for first downs while running outside if the pocket vs SF, then that's what they will do. With RG3 at the helm, I have all the confidence he will lead them to a win one way or another.

Thank you! I'm tired of all this scared talk. We should be 6-0 in the NFC EAST facing GREAT GREAT players. Seattle is good but they don't scare me one bit. This is another revenge game and then Atlantas next.

The one thing the Skins have going for them... is they're prepared for the read-option package. Seattle has been using it to great effect recently and catching teams off guard. And while that probably means the Seahawks will enjoy the same benefit... Wilson isn't RG3 running the football :)

The one thing the Skins have going for them... is they're prepared for the read-option package. Seattle has been using it to great effect recently and catching teams off guard. And while that probably means the Seahawks will enjoy the same benefit... Wilson isn't RG3 running the football :)

Wilson is damn good though. He's fast and can extend plays like no other. Gonna take some serious discipline to stop them. They are on fire right now.

The Seahags D is being propped up way too much IMO. They are fast to the ball but arent elite at either getting to the QB (they have 4 more sacks than us) or stopping the run. Their best D has been there offense lately which has allowed them to make teams one dimensional once they go away from the run and allowed their back 7 to make plays in the secondary.

It'll be a tough game but the recipe will be simple. Run the ball, stop the run. Whichever team does this best will win.

The Seattle offense worries me a lot less than the Cowboys' did. Marshawn Lynch is a stud, but as a collective unit I will take Wilson/Lynch/Rice/Tate/Baldwin/Miller over Romo sits to pee/Murray/Bryant/Austin/Ogletree/Witten every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

This game will come down to "how disruptive can our 12th man be," and does our O bring it to their D.

We also hardly turn the ball over, so you won't see them getting short field position the way they did against the 9ers.

Even though Romo sits to pee had 28 TDs and 19 INTs to Wilson's 26 TDs and 10 INTs?

and the Cowboys receiving / rushing cores you named had 29 TDs vs. the Seahawks you named had 36 TDs?

No NFL game is ever easy, especially in the playoffs but, I will admit I was rooting for Dallas because it seemed the easier road for the Seahawks.

But, still looking forward to the RGIII vs. RWI matchup - should be an awesome game :cheers:

Everyone knows how bad the Seagals are on the road. They are even worse playing on grass -- will definitely slow their defense down. FedEx Field fans need to bring their A-game, get loud, and give the Seagals a taste of their own 12th-man medicine. Will be a tough, hard-fought game, but we got this one!

I do find it HILARIOUS that every few years that go by and the Redskins decide to make the playoffs, oh guess what the Seahawks up and decided they want to get off the lazy chair and squeeze in also. Like a distant cousin who doesn't join the marathon until you do, just to annoy you.

But not this time

worst fans in the nfl. complain about everything. still bitter about calls from super bowl xl. most believe that blown call against packers was actually correct. they feel disrespected about russell wilson. they better be scared of our team..but they also have a great team that, is dirty as hell, but screw them

Now now, let's not pretend you can speak for all Seahawk fans. The 'call"' wasn't correct. See how easy that is? On the other hand, had the Packers not been given a gift on the previous series (A ghost PI call that sustained a drive for a TD for the Peckers), the Hail Mary would not have been needed.The officiating in the game was terrible. Pecker fans however have conveniently forgotten about all the calls they got as well. As to the Super Bowl, can you honestly say to me you wouldn't have been pissed had that happened to the Skins? It was the Super Bowl. Of course you would,

As to the Hawks fans being the worst in the NFL? C'mon man. That's pretty funny considering how well supported the team is and how the 12th man has made Seattle arguably the toughest place in the NFL to play.

---------- Post added December-31st-2012 at 04:13 PM ----------

Everyone knows how bad the Seagals are on the road.

That is fool's gold. Look very closely at how this team has been playing the last 8 games at home and on the road. Like the Skins, they started slow.

I fully expect the Seahawks to be ready. It's playoff time. Strap on the cleats and rumble on.

Its definitely going to be a tough game. Yes, we are at home; but the Seahawks have a tremendous secondary, and strong/fast front seven. We can win this, but it won't be easy. I just hope RG3 is closer to 100% to really put it on them.

I think this offense was specifically tailored to take advantage of aggressive front 7 defenses, which coincidentally, all the teams in the nfc east have. I figure this will play out similar to the giants games..

that being said, I'm not overly worried about the seahag d, the front 7 will be neutralized for the most part.

Archived