Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Want Seattle(and other Seahawks pregame strategy thread)

TeddyKGB

Tell me how the NFC West isn't a stronger division. No one else can, you might as well try.

Why are you even here? It all comes down to the game. Your team is favoured, but any team can win on a given day. If you lose, you won't come back here again. And if you win. you will have an obnoxious post or two before you get banned.

Tell me how the NFC West isn't a stronger division. No one else can, you might as well try.

I already posted this above. It is the part you ignored about how the NFC East has far superior offenses when measured against the NFC West. The Cardinals have the worst offense in the league. Only one team in the division has an offense ranked in the top 50% of the league. By contrast, every team in the NFC East has an offense ranked in the top 50% and two teams have offenses ranked in the top 6.

If you can point to defensive rankings in your argument, as I assume you would, then it is only fair for me to point to offensive rankings. Maybe the NFC West just has crappy offenses. Maybe the NFC East just has crappy defenses. The point is that there are two sides to every coin. Just throwing out that the NFC West has tougher defenses than the NFC East does not win you an argument all by itself.

Also, I think the NFC West benefited from playing the AFC East. It had to be nice to see those three cupcakes Miami, Buffalo, and NYJets on the schedule (and I was being nice and disregarding the fact that the Seahawks lost to Miami, but now you have forced my hand).

And still I have said nothing about last year's NFC Championship game, or our respective divisional trophy cases, but again you have forced my hand.

This is not to dog on the NFC West either. Harbaugh has done a fantastic job with the 49ers. Drafting Russell Wilson was a coup by Pete Carroll, easily the steal of the draft. I know the Cards defense is nasty, as I live in Arizona and see them play a lot. I know Fischer's teams are chippy and tough for 60 minutes, they always have been. I know the NFC West is not the laughing stock it used to be anymore.

Just don't give me this crap about it being a vastly superior division to the NFC Beast, because its not.

You are either trolling me or you are not the sharpest crayon in the box (nor the brightest).

That article is ranking all eight NFL divisions, and it has the NFC West 2nd and the NFC East 3rd. So that is pretty close. Certainly arguable. I believe your exact words were that this is "not even arguable."

Also I'm not sure what qualifies Gregg Rosenthal as a "true expert," and even allowing that, I imagine "true experts" can disagree. I certainly wouldn't consider his opinion gospel and the matter settled.

Oh and this is his opinion from over two months ago.

So that is some pretty weak evidence you have given for your pretty strong opinion. Why don't you try addressing some of my argument instead of appealing to lame authorities (or at least offering your own reasoning, assuming you are capable of it)?

Try a true expert opinion.

I think I know the type of argument you like... so I'll humor you for a second or two.

Ahem... the Seahawks are still in debt to the Redskins for Jim Zorn. They are not allowed to win for another five or so years because of that.

This is the energy that I am feeling.

I think I know the type of argument you like... so I'll humor you for a second or two.

Ahem... the Seahawks are still in debt to the Redskins for Jim Zorn. They are not allowed to win for another five or so years because of that.

This is the energy that I am feeling.

Lol. You guys are the ones that turned him into a head coach; he was a very good QB coach for us.

Just don't give me this crap about it being a vastly superior division to the NFC Beast, because its not.

Which division is sending two teams to the playoffs again, despite facing two of the most prolific offenses in the league in the Packers and Patriots? We have two teams with more wins in our division than you guys, the division winner. I'm not saying the NFC East sucks, but it sure isn't the "NFC Beast". That is just homerism on your part. Also, look at how NFC West defenses fared against good offenses if you think it's just garbage offenses in the division that fluffed the stats. I mean, only two offenses were terrible in our division; that accounts for 4 games for us and the 49ers, and only 2 games for the Rams and Cardinals; so if your argument is that 2 games in a year or 4 games in a year significantly throws the overall defensive rankings for the year for everyone in our division, that is simply ludicrous.

Which division is sending two teams to the playoffs again, despite facing two of the most prolific offenses in the league in the Packers and Patriots? We have two teams with more wins in our division than you guys, the division winner. I'm not saying the NFC East sucks, but it sure isn't the "NFC Beast". That is just homerism on your part. Also, look at how NFC West defenses fared against good offenses if you think it's just garbage offenses in the division that fluffed the stats. I mean, only two offenses were terrible in our division; that accounts for 4 games for us and the 49ers, and only 2 games for the Rams and Cardinals; so if your argument is that 2 games in a year or 4 games in a year significantly throws the overall defensive rankings for the year for everyone in our division, that is simply ludicrous.

Whoa, whoa... I know you guys "really believe" that the Refs coming back after you miraculously beat the Packers was just a coincidence... but I'ma let you in on a little secret... ya didn't beat the Packers. So we're tied.

You also played the AFC East... who, outside of the Patriots, are pretty much the NFC West.

We played the AFC North... all of the teams we played were at their hottest except for MAYBE Baltimore, but they were 9-2 when we beat them.

Look at the big picture. I know that's very difficult for you guys because I know the public school system up there is all about feelings. But try.

Whoa, whoa... I know you guys "really believe" that the Refs coming back after you miraculously beat the Packers was just a coincidence... but I'ma let you in on a little secret... ya didn't beat the Packers. So we're tied.

Rofl. Re-watch the game on NFL Game Rewind. Particularly the part where the refs keep G.B.'s only TD drive alive with a bogus PI call at midfield on 3rd down. I know you "really believe" ESPN's "OMG THIS IS THE BIGGEST FAILURE IN THE HISTORY OF THE LEAGUE" garbage, (God knows they have no interest in stirring the pot to get more ratings to get more money, no, no, that can't be the case) but maybe...Just MAYBE...The Packers got some BS help, too.

Eh, on second thought; nah, I'm just gonna believe ESPN. OMG FAKE WIN blahblahblah. Way to be a promoter of original thought, DC9.

You also played the AFC East... who, outside of the Patriots, are pretty much the NFC West.

Right, they're sending two teams to the playoffs, too. Err, wait a second...

We played the AFC North... all of the teams we played were at their hottest except for MAYBE Baltimore, but they were 9-2 when we beat them.

Yeah, and the Bears were 8-3 when we played them; doesn't mean they were a good team overall. They just have a good defense. Baltimore for the first time in like 15 years had a bad defense this year, they not only under-performed, but had some key injuries. 8-8 Steelers that have managed to look average at best all year, and the Browns; not particularly impressed. Either way, absolutely nothing can change the fact that we beat 5 teams with winning records and you beat 3. Stop trying to justify the opponent difficulty angle.

Look at the big picture. I know that's very difficult for you guys because I know the public school system up there is all about feelings. But try.

I am. Big picture is we're a top 5 team in all 3 facets of the game, and the Redskins aren't a top 5 team in any facet. Per Football Outsiders for the year, you guys have the 6th-ranked offense, 17th-ranked defense, and 27th-ranked special teams. The Seattle Seahawks, on the other hand, finished with the 4th-ranked offense, 4th-ranked defense, and 3rd-ranked special teams.

Are the Redskins on a longer win streak than us? Definitely. Are they hot right now? Again, definitely. However, if you're trying to make the case that the Redskins as of right now are a better team this year than the Seahawks...Well, provide some evidence for it. I don't see any. I'm serious; I'm not trolling. Give me specifics. Lay it out and explain in what ways the Redskins are better than the Seahawks.

Rofl. Re-watch the game on NFL Game Rewind. Particularly the part where the refs keep G.B.'s only TD drive alive with a bogus PI call at midfield on 3rd down. I know you "really believe" ESPN's "OMG THIS IS THE BIGGEST FAILURE IN THE HISTORY OF THE LEAGUE" garbage, (God knows they have no interest in stirring the pot to get more ratings to get more money, no, no, that can't be the case) but maybe...Just MAYBE...The Packers got some BS help, too.

Yeah... whatever helps you sleep at night, mate.

The AFC East is sending two teams to the playoffs? They only had one team over .500, haha. Try to keep up, pal.

Yeah, and the Bears were 8-3 when we played them; doesn't mean they were a good team overall. They just have a good defense. Baltimore for the first time in like 15 years had a bad defense this year, they not only under-performed, but had some key injuries. 8-8 Steelers that have managed to look average at best all year, and the Browns; not particularly impressed. Either way, absolutely nothing can change the fact that we beat 5 teams with winning records and you beat 3. Stop trying to justify the opponent difficulty angle.

Yep... the Big East should get SEC treatment...;)

I am. Big picture is we're a top 5 team in all 3 facets of the game, and the Redskins aren't a top 5 team in any facet. Per Football Outsiders for the year, you guys have the 6th-ranked offense, 17th-ranked defense, and 27th-ranked special teams. The Seattle Seahawks, on the other hand, finished with the 4th-ranked offense, 4th-ranked defense, and 3rd-ranked special teams.

Aren't we the number one rushing offense in the NFL? Number 4 in kickoff and punt coverage? Turnover differential? Not that any of that is important.

You are right... those are very "BIG PICTURE" numbers.

Hammer don't hurt yourself! hahaha

I can't believe the strength of schedule is that hard to comprehend.

The Skins played 4 games against teams currently in the playoffs and 5 additional games against teams with a .500 or better record. Thats 9 games against teams .500 or better.

The Seahawks played 5 games (twice against the 49ers) against playoff teams, and only 2 additional games against teams with a .500 or better record. That's 7 games against teams .500 or better.

To go along with that, lets look at the cupcakes (teams that finished the season with double digit losses):

Skins played 3 games (Philthy twice) against teams that finished 6-10 or worse.

Seahawks played 5 games (AZ twice) against teams that finished 6-10 or worse.

So there's my supporting data. All of that now means nil though. Both teams are coming into the game on a hot streak. Guess we'll have to see who executes better.

Easier schedule? C'mon man. Seattle's opposition had 127 wins, 2 ties. WA had 119 wins.

Ummm, not sure about your fuzzy math. Washington's opponents had 126 wins. One win difference over a 250 game gross is insignificant statistically although some would be willing to give Seattle's opponents (see GB) one more win to boost the total to 128.

It depends on who wins in Green Bay. If GB wins we play Atlanta as the lowest seed still alive. If Vikes win we go to SF as the higher seed. Seattle is the only team that knows 100% who they will play if they win because they are the 6 seed.

Redskins 31

Seahawks 28

Close game with a win by Cobra Kai!

So, in your mind, some game changing bad calls are to be ignored if you wish them to be ignored?

dude..everybody wants to forget the replacement ref debacle. you guys would be better off to just leave it be. maybe hawks fans believe it was the 'right' call but cmon. catch/interception aside the offensive pass interference was ridic.

west/east stronger division...whatever it comes down to this game. We said the same thing in 2005 that the NFC west was weak and we got beat (barely) by you guys..

One bad call is a scoring play to end the game, has a direct affect on the outcome.. The other is a bad call that extends a drive and has a indirect, debatable affect on the outcome.

The bad scoring plays rarely happen. Bad calls to extend drives happen all the time.

Funny how Seahawks fans don't want to acknowledge the huge distinction. More like SeaOstrich with their heads in the sand.

One bad call is a scoring play to end the game, has a direct affect on the outcome.. The other is a bad call that extends a drive and has a indirect, debatable affect on the outcome.

The bad scoring plays rarely happen. Bad calls to extend drives happen all the time.

Funny how Seahawks fans don't want to acknowledge the huge distinction. More like SeaOstrich with their heads in the sand.

Yin and yang. One doesn't happen without the other.

It really isn't a particularly difficult concept to grasp.

---------- Post added January-1st-2013 at 01:34 PM ----------

dude..everybody wants to forget the replacement ref debacle. you guys would be better off to just leave it be. maybe hawks fans believe it was the 'right' call but cmon. catch/interception aside the offensive pass interference was ridic.

west/east stronger division...whatever it comes down to this game. We said the same thing in 2005 that the NFC west was weak and we got beat (barely) by you guys..

The NFC West has been weak for a long time. That ship has sailed however. It's changing.

Just a reminder, in case some folks forgot...

Seattle is the same fanbase that made racist remarks toward Sean Taylor in the stands in 2007. Multiple Redskins fans who attended the game reported hearing Seattle fans refer to ST with the "n" word, or the racially charged "thug."

Female Redskins fans was groped or sexually assaulted in the stadium and/or parking lot.

This **** is personal.

This is like the 1990 game vs. the Eagles in the WC round.

Bury these ****es.

I must have been under a rock or something because I never heard of these things. No wonder I didn't like She-attle. Russ Wilson is cool, i wanted us to draft him at one point before we made the trade for RG3. But to make a long story short, we will avenge Sean Taylor; we will avenge the previous playoff loses. We have a more than capable squad; the time for being nervous is over. Hell we been nervous every week since we were 3-6. Now its just time to believe that we will pull it out. I love when games are personal, you play harder. Seattle has no wrs or TE which should do wonders for our D ie focusing on 2 keys. ( Lynch/Wilson). We can beat these guys. We will beat these guys... HTTR

Just a reminder, in case some folks forgot...

Seattle is the same fanbase that made racist remarks toward Sean Taylor in the stands in 2007. Multiple Redskins fans who attended the game reported hearing Seattle fans refer to ST with the "n" word, or the racially charged "thug."

Female Redskins fans was groped or sexually assaulted in the stadium and/or parking lot.

This **** is personal.

This is like the 1990 game vs. the Eagles in the WC round.

Bury these ****es.

what i recall (and some others can fill in the details) is over the top stuff about sean taylor. i believe it was stuff posted on their message boards and i remember thinking to myself 'there is no way people can really think this way".

Eh, on second thought; nah, I'm just gonna believe ESPN. OMG FAKE WIN blahblahblah. Way to be a promoter of original thought, DC9.

Are the Redskins on a longer win streak than us? Definitely. Are they hot right now? Again, definitely. However, if you're trying to make the case that the Redskins as of right now are a better team this year than the Seahawks...Well, provide some evidence for it. I don't see any. I'm serious; I'm not trolling. Give me specifics. Lay it out and explain in what ways the Redskins are better than the Seahawks.

I think thats fair for Seahawk fans to say. I have watched your team demolish the last 3 out of 4 opponents, and I'm very thankful we are not playing in your house. These 2 teams are the hottest in the NFC right now, and I think the only thing that sets these 2 teams apart will be where this game is played. This is a game that looks like the 12th man will be the MVP.

Taylor suggested that the Skins "arguably played" a harder schedule. I was responding to that comment. Of course, had you actually read the entire post that would have been fairly evident.

i think the interesting thing regarding the seahawks and their schedule is the number of top scoring offenses they have played. lots of mediocre to bad offenses mixed in with 2 good ones.

that said, the hawks D is definitely good. i'm just not sure how good they are away from home.

Yin and yang. One doesn't happen without the other.

It really isn't a particularly difficult concept to grasp.

We'll see how you feel about that if your team gets the shaft during these playoff games... or game, if my guys take you all down a peg.

Might I add, that I've never come across another fan base in the NFL where the fans don't admit anything bad about their team. At all.

What's up with that?

Archived