Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Want Seattle(and other Seahawks pregame strategy thread)

TeddyKGB

Its definitely going to be a tough game. Yes, we are at home; but the Seahawks have a tremendous secondary, and strong/fast front seven. We can win this, but it won't be easy. I just hope RG3 is closer to 100% to really put it on them.

Second that. This Seahawks team is for real, and they are slowly, but surely starting to shed their well deserved rep as a poor traveling team.

It will be a nasty game.

I'd have rather the Hawks play the Cowboys, but no matter. It's good to see the Redskins again in the playoffs. For all those who think it's time for revenge, sorry about your luck. Wilson is as good as BobG3, and we didn't have to sell the farm like you folks did to get him.

Go Hawks!

I'd have rather the Hawks play the Cowboys, but no matter. It's good to see the Redskins again in the playoffs. For all those who think it's time for revenge, sorry about your luck. Wilson is as good as BobG3, and we didn't have to sell the farm like you folks did to get him.

Go Hawks!

Now that's enough of a troll to be deported. Seeya.

Go Hawks!

Wilson is more comparable to the bum knee version of RG3. Healthy RG3 >>>>>> Wilson.

when corners are blanketing WR's, I like when OCs call for an underthrown ball.

I hope we bring a more balanced attack, and not lean so heavily on Morris. I know Dallas played the pass and dared us to run, but getting 2 gift INTs in the first quarter, I felt like Kyle should have let RG3 roll out yes with the mobility limiting brace, and go for a kill shot.

Following BMitch - I want that knee brace removed. LCL1 usually have a very low risk of re-injury - they just take up to 3 months to heal. BMitch said the brace prevents a player from having confidence in the knee.

Wilson is a pain in the ass but lucky for us our defense has been able to practice against RG3.

Unfortunately, neither is RG3.

I dunno. Apparently, what I have seen from RG3 running the ball lately has nothing to do with the health of his knee. I do not think anyone is going to see the RG3 we saw in the first half of the season... ever again. As Shanahan said, RG3 was running violently and trying to run through people the first half of his rookie season. That makes for some spectacular plays every now and then.... breaking tackles for big gains.

But there is a cost to that... and I think that Shanahan has made it clear that while they like his athletic ability and the options it presents... the team never intended for him to sacrifice himself the way he was which allowed for injury. I think has tried to impart on him to take what is there and do NOT take any unnecessary shots -- run out of bounds or dive, slide.

I think that is why we are seeing RG3 pull up all these at the conclusion of these runs... and run a little more upright rather than squaring his shoulders for contact and run full speed.

I think it is strictly for him to protect himself. I think he has learned his lesson.... and the Shanahans have laid down the law on their expectations. Save yourself for another play... you are too important to this franchise to miss time :)

Despite that.. he is still a very valuable runner and it would be foolish to abandon that skillset.

But I think when the chips are on the line... if we are talking playoffs and the 4th quarter of games.... I think we will see RG3 running like the way he did. :)

Russell has 9 TD and 8 INT in away games. He's 17/2 at home.

On grass Russell has 6 TD and 4 INT.

On grass they rush for 4 yards a pop and have scored 1 TD. On turf they run for 5.2 yards a carry and have 15 TD.

So their offense performs better on turf by a good margin.

Scores on Grass

Chicago 23

SF 3

Mia 21

Arizona 16

Carolina 16

Average score 15.8

Record on grass 2 wins 3 losses.

It's a cross country game. The forecast is for 32 degrees. It's on grass. It will be a loud and hostile environment.

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=61413

Hey look our bitter little brother is on the seahawks board. I love the guy says he can't stand our fans. Raven fans almost make Philly fans seem good. I love that play them every 4 years and that we couldn't careless about them and yet they are obsessed with us. LOL

What? This is the only thing in the entire thread you linked that has anything at all to do with the Redskins (or their fans):

As far as NFC goes, I'm rooting for Seattle all the way, and after that anybody but Atlanta or Washington.

---------- Post added December-31st-2012 at 03:58 PM ----------

I dunno. Apparently, what I have seen from RG3 running the ball lately has nothing to do with the health of his knee. I do not think anyone is going to see the RG3 we saw in the first half of the season... ever again. As Shanahan said, RG3 was running violently and trying to run through people the first half of his rookie season. That makes for some spectacular plays every now and then.... breaking tackles for big gains.

But there is a cost to that... and I think that Shanahan has made it clear that while they like his athletic ability and the options it presents... the team never intended for him to sacrifice himself the way he was which allowed for injury. I think has tried to impart on him to take what is there and do NOT take any unnecessary shots -- run out of bounds or dive, slide.

I think that is why we are seeing RG3 pull up all these at the conclusion of these runs... and run a little more upright rather than squaring his shoulders for contact and run full speed.

I think it is strictly for him to protect himself. I think he has learned his lesson.... and the Shanahans have laid down the law on their expectations. Save yourself for another play... you are too important to this franchise to miss time :)

Despite that.. he is still a very valuable runner and it would be foolish to abandon that skillset.

But I think when the chips are on the line... if we are talking playoffs and the 4th quarter of games.... I think we will see RG3 running like the way he did. :)

While I think everything else you wrote is spot-on, I suspect his knee has more to do with the change in running style than "nothing".

'Hawks fans dismissing Griffin- laughable

Skins fans dismissing Wilson- (see above)

Both have played outstanding ball, both have shown skillsets that include more than just football. Young athletes actually taking their opportunity seriously instead of gettin' their bling on? Amazing, this is a stellar matchup and ought to be one helluva game, there's not iota of worth added by talkin smack, at least not stupid smack.

I've been watchin Wilson & Co., they're rett to roll and this may easily be the biggest challenge that TheMagicalGriffworx has faced yet this season, but isn't that a good thing? Aren't there a lot more bragging rights to winning against a really good team than to just eking one out against a team that doesn't like grass, cold, traveling east, yaddayaddayadda? My testicular fanhood is not challenged by admitting that Seattle has something good going and will come to play.

So what exactly makes Wilson better than RG3? I'll admit there was some sarcasm in there, but only the first part. RG3 healthy is still better than Wilson. Wilson played against arguably a much easier schedule.

Anything can happen on any given Sunday. I don't care beat who or who had an easier schedule. I just hope and believe we will be the better team this Sunday.

Go Redskins

We need RG3 on the field more than Wilson and Morris to be better than Lynch. Its going to be a game of ball control. Defense needs to not let up big plays and the offense needs to not turn the ball over. Its like any other game!!

http://www.nfl.com/rewards/drives?bd_ref=mwheeler422 <<< all Redskins fans need to get on here. We should be higher than #11 in the NFL!!

Even though Romo sits to pee had 28 TDs and 19 INTs to Wilson's 26 TDs and 10 INTs?

One of your fellow Seahawks fans just told us to take a look at how the Seahawks have done on the road over the last 8 games, well I suggest you take a look at how Dallas and Romo sits to pee played in the month of December. They played lights out until last night. Yep, I'd much rather play the Seahawks right now than to have to play Dallas again.

My hope is that Madieu Williams doesn't get lost in translation when plays break down with Wilson. I don't think Haslett is going to get as many chances like he did last night to get cute with his coverages/blitzes, because unlike Dallas, the Seahawks commit to running the ball, and if we aren't on our game in the run defense department, they can run us out of them and force us to play more simplistic.

So what exactly makes Wilson better than RG3? I'll admit there was some sarcasm in there, but only the first part. RG3 healthy is still better than Wilson. Wilson played against arguably a much easier schedule.

I don't think Wilson is better than RG3. But I certainly think he's better than a gimp RG3.

Easier schedule? C'mon man. Seattle's opposition had 127 wins, 2 ties. WA had 119 wins.

The NFC West is no longer a cheap division.And even AZ has a decent defense. It has 3 very good teams in it. Look out for the Rams. They have 4 first round picks next year and Fisher is a great coach.

---------- Post added December-31st-2012 at 09:30 PM ----------

One of your fellow Seahawks fans just told us to take a look at how the Seahawks have done on the road over the last 8 games, well I suggest you take a look at how Dallas and Romo sits to pee played in the month of December. They played lights out until last night. Yep, I'd much rather play the Seahawks right now than to have to play Dallas again.

LOL. You can't be serious. Romo sits to pee is the biggest choke artist in the NFC,

The NFC West is no longer a cheap division.And even AZ has a decent defense. It has 3 very good teams in it. Look out for the Rams. They have 4 first round picks next year and Fisher is a great coach.

---------- Post added December-31st-2012 at 09:30 PM ----------

And all that has what to do with the Skins beating the Seahawks this weekend?

they scare me. lynch is a beast, and wilson can make all the throws. they are a better version of the skins in my eyes. their oline is great, and their defense is great. it's gonna be a battle and i know RG3 will be ready, but it's gonna be a tough one.

httr!

RG3 will have to play at his best to beat Seattle. I cussed so many times Sunday night with some of his throws.... luckily, ALMO was on a tear. We gonna have to be able to pass to beat them

And I'd much rather the Seahawks play Dallas than Washington.

But, it should be a great game ~ may the best team win!

Archived