Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Want Seattle(and other Seahawks pregame strategy thread)

TeddyKGB

And don't get me started on their inability to just concede they stole a game vs. GB. There's a difference between a questionable call and getting an obvious SOLE possession completely wrong and it being a desperation pass that won the game vs. a bad pass interference earlier when BOTH teams still had a shot to make things right. And again, it's not like Tate bobbled a catch and just got credit, he never had the ****ing ball. It would be like running to the 5 yard line and getting a TD called for you to win a game.

Must be real hard having to defend that call all season from other fans, or point out some other ridiculous "Woulda/coulda/shoulda" scenario that happened during the game and had absolutely nothing to do with that joke of a call that directly ended the game. You'd have a lot more credibility with me if you threw up your hands and said they ****ed up, and moved on.

yeah, they are serious about the Fail Mary being a valid touchdown. There is one guy posting still shots from the game acting like it's SO OBVIOUS that it was a touchdown. PLEASE. And then they piss and moan about a pass interference call that the refs "gave" the packers.

I know. Excuses, excuses! It's ok though. Karma is a mofo!

This is going to be a heck of a game and I think it is a toss up. We can win this but I'm not going to sit her and proclaim we will. They are a complete team and don't make a lot of mistakes. They are also going to be more prepared than other teams to see our zone read plays. The thing we have going for us is that the Seahawks are playing on the road and on grass. Russell's QB rating and Lynch's yards per carry are completely different in these settings.

I think the Dallas game was a good way of preparing us for Seattle. Romo sits to pee is at his best getting out of the pocket when the play breaks down. Our secondary showed great discipline and didn't allow Dallas to make any big plays down the field. I hope we watch a lot of tape on how the Rams defense kept Seattle's offense in check this year.

Because of how much they have outscored opponents in the last month, they are suddenly being treated like they are some unbeatable force to be reckoned with. I'm not falling for it. Running the score up on hapless Arizona and Buffalo teams is not impressive.

I just hope RG3 is okay for this game. I think there is no question he was a bit off against Dallas. A few camera shots also seemed to show him getting frustrated which surprised me a bit. He is human though and I think the way the game played out just prevented him from getting in sync. We have a poor track record this year when we play against top ten defenses (0-3 --> Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Carolina). So I hope we have some new wrinkles to show them.

I think we need to match (or beat) their level of intensity on both sides of the ball early in the game.

San Fran thought there were tough guys; A run the ball smash mouth team with a good defense. But they got smacked around early in week 16 and never recovered. We need to avoid this, and turn the tables. Play with intensity, run the ball.

This game will be hard. Another huge test for the defense and they will be much tougher than Dallas simply because they can run. If they focus too much on Lynch, Wilson could burn us. If they go too hard for Wilson, then Lynch could beat us. If we aren't disciplined and make adjustments, I could see our D almost looking like how Dallas looked when they played us. Hopefully they can shut down Lynch and contain Wilson to force him into mistakes. I plan on watching a few of their games on NFL game rewind this week. I'm hoping they focus on Morris this week and RG3 can exploit their D with some big plays to our receivers. If we can do this I think we can shock the doubters and win

This game will be hard. Another huge test for the defense and they will be much tougher than Dallas simply because they can run. If they focus too much on Lynch, Wilson could burn us. If they go too hard for Wilson, then Lynch could beat us. If we aren't disciplined and make adjustments, I could see our D almost looking like how Dallas looked when they played us. Hopefully they can shut down Lynch and contain Wilson to force him into mistakes. I plan on watching a few of their games on NFL game rewind this week. I'm hoping they focus on Morris this week and RG3 can exploit their D with some big plays to our receivers. If we can do this I think we can shock the doubters and win

On defense, it always starts with stopping the run.

On offense, it always starts with establishing the run.

The line of scrimmage will be key in this game, just like any other.

- Line of scrimmage

- Penalties

- turnovers

Win those three and more often than not you win the game.

Look i respect the Seahawks, they are talented and have had some impressive wins. I also think all the teams in the playoffs are capable of beating one another, they are the best teams. With all that said, as i examine the Seahawks, i don't fear them like so many others . Those 50 pt. games were aberrations against teams that laid down. Most of their games were close with plenty of 100 yard rushers and receivers against them. The defense is good not elite. We will move the ball against them. I predict 24- 17. Very few teams have the discipline to stay in their assignments and not attack. Just because they practice against it means they can stop OUR offense.

They have talent but they aren't impossible to beat. First of all, RG3 needs to step it up on this stage because his last 2 games have been very uncharacteristic of him, he was pretty mediocre in the Cowboys game from an objective stand point, although he had no interceptions. The next is the biggest and possibly the most obvious, we need to not commit any turnovers if we want to win this game point blank period, in this game if we turn it over we will lose I guarantee you. Their defensive line and linebackers aren't stellar, but they have some quality players there but on a whole that's their weakest link I think. We can take advantage of that and run the ball and run the option (these guys will hit you hard though). Garcon and Moss are not great matchups against their cornerbacks, because I believe their DBs are more bump and run that jam you at the line, and Garcon and Moss are known as speedsters and playmakers but not really physical receivers (although they are no punks either). We should run heavy play action and aim at the middle of the field, as we infamously do because I believe that might be their weakness.

I remember what we did to them last year with Grossman at helm, our gameplan and coaching was just miles better and it showed. Although that Seahawks team is different from this years, I believe the defensive unit is similar enough to draw from. Shanahan has more playoff experience in my mind and can match up to any team in the league with his gameplanning. It was one matchup but lets hope that Shanahan just has Carrol's number and can out gameplan him with his playoff experience.

Drawing against Seattle was tough, they are hot right now and are one of the most complete teams in the league with few weaknesses. I am dreading the fall out if we lose because in that case we would inevitably get the Wilson hype train rammed down our throats because of rookie QBs this year and what not.

You sound like a peckers fan. If you actually watched the game, you would have seen the same brutal officiating crew award the peckers by calling a phantom PI call on the hawks the previous drive. That resulted in a first down and led to a peckers TD. They were stopped and the game was all but over.

So please, spare us the "gift game pap". Bad calls happen.

I watched that game and the Seahawks outplayed the Packers for the majority of that game, but for you play the "Bad calls happen" card on the last play of that game is complete BS. Thankfully, the real refs are back and that scenario won't be a reality against the Skins.

You mean the "real refs" that let a Carolina running back walk into the end zone after they blew the whistle and gave them a TD. I'm just hoping we get the same crew we had Sunday night. They let folks play but were fair about it. They just need to look at the play clock when the ball is snapped.....hate refs deciding games with their incompetence.

a lot of things were "scaring" about this game for weeks, actually. but now i am beginning to feel more confident about it than i have. don't get me wrong, this is gonna be a tough game & i'm still worried to heck about it. however, something was recently brought to my attention.

watching NFL Primetime just now i realized something after they reminded me that Carroll had to face the Pistol in his College years at USC.

as an avid USC Trojans fan i actually had to endure this disaster more than i would care to mention. seeing now as it may come full-circle...i'm actually more encouraged. Chip Kelley & Oregon ran circles around Carroll coached teams every single time they played. even during years where they beat Oregon, with all of their athletes on D, they had all SORTS of problems defending the read-option out of the Pistol formation. it's to the point where i was sick of seeing because in knew it would make a tough game. USC's only chance in those games was to force enough turnovers or to simply score more points.

fast-forward to this season...i was so ecstatic that they were going to implement this system with RGIII as anyone was able to see that he makes this system hum. i saw full-well how the Pistol would freeze & deceive the best athletes on a weekly basis, essentially minimizing their athletic advantage enough to basically even the playing field.

furthermore...unless i believe Wilson is a better QB RIGHT NOW than Eli Manning or Tony Romo sits to pee....especially given how hot both QB's were playing going into their games against us during this current streak...then i HAVE to believe that Haslett will have a gameplan in order that will confuse & manipulate play just enough to create some rookie mistakes by Wilson who has thrown a few this season.

the wild-card to me here is how well Lynch gets off. while we are more than capable of limiting their rushing attack given our 16 game sample, i feel that if he gets off at all it will make this game that much tougher for our Defense.

there are other considerations, like Wilson's elusiveness....but he's not Romo sits to pee in that regard & we did pretty well vs him in 2 games this season.

ultimately, their WR's don't scare me & i see opportunities abound to run it down their throats a bit.

the key comes down to whomever makes the least amount of mistakes...an area where i feel we have a distinct advantage. if this holds true...i like our chances. but this comes down to penalties as well......perhaps the one thing that scares me more than anything else this weekend............please let us stay focused & not take too many of them.

I think the Skins (and us fans) are still basking on the win against Dallas. The Seattle game more than likely will be a let down. The team can come out flat after such an emotionally draining week.

I think we may be the only ones drained from that game. I think they realize what's at stake, and still have plenty of football left in them.

Archived