Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm Nervous, but I'm Not Norvous

kleese

Will everyones Nervousness go way if the Bears and Vikings lose?

Speaking personally, yes. I'll be in a great mood for the game regardless of its outcome at that point. Even the greatest teams are entitled to an off game once in a while, so if we don't have to win seven straight, it would be nice.

Until then though, I'm all in. Nervousness and all. Let's get this **** rolling.

Wondering how much it says about How Things Have Changed, the number of posters who think that the word "norvous" is something new.

I know. :ols:

I think the terms "norvous" and "norvitis" (the disease which causes the norvousness) have been around since this board was started. :ols:

It's a good thing, though, that the malaise of Norv can be that far back in our rear view mirror, now.

RGIII has helped break ties with norvousness, because during this streak a lot of these games have been close, and are probably all games this team finds a way to lose in previous season.

It seems like just about every game during the win streak was also at the same time breaking some type of bad streak.

Goodbye Norvousness, I won't miss ya one bit!

... Maybe because I know a loss doesn't mean what it used to. If we lose this week it just means we got beat. It doesn't mean we suck. It doesn't mean we are The Same Old Redskins. Maybe that's why I'm not worried.

We're going to be better next year. This year? This was the warm up. And we still might win the division.

Maybe that's why I'm not worried. :)

Amen, Henry. Amen. I'm not nervous, either, for the same reason.

The difference between this season and the playoff runs of 2005 and 2007 is this: In '05/'07, by the time we reached the playoffs, we were gassed. There was nothing left in the tank. The following seasons were disasters. This year, while we may not win tomorrow night, we're going to go into next season (or into the playoffs this season) as the team that nobody wants to play.

Amen, Henry. Amen. I'm not nervous, either, for the same reason.

The difference between this season and the playoff runs of 2005 and 2007 is this: In '05/'07, by the time we reached the playoffs, we were gassed. There was nothing left in the tank. The following seasons were disasters. This year, while we may not win tomorrow night, we're going to go into next season (or into the playoffs this season) as the team that nobody wants to play.

That's why I'm not beside myself right now. I'm anxious and nervous, but I am confident that we will be back in the mix most years over the coming decade. That allows me to already feel like I can see the positives if things don't go our way tomorrow night.

Dallas is a worthy opponent and more desperate than we are. I still believe we are a better team, but winning 7 in a row with no margin for error is a tough task.

So, the big picture looks good, we've already exceeded expectations this season, and I know our team will come to play tomorrow night in the league's spotlight game!! I am a very happy Redskin fan.

With all that said, I hope the Lions and Packers win earlier in the day and we pound the Cowboys...there would be no better ultimate statement game for Griffin's Redskins in a season of statement games.

This week I've stayed away from all sports channels, kept my trash talking mouth shut, tried my best not to think about a Redskins victory, most importantly resisted the urge to think about finally exercising those old demons. I'm so nervous about this game, it's not even close to being ridiculous.

Win or lose this season has exceeded expectations and I'm very proud of what we accomplished this season.

Hail!

:helmet:

Not nervous in the least.

We got this game.

I wish I had your attitude. I'm so nervous it's not even funny. Probably won't get much sleep tonight with this much excitement. My biggest fear is having to go to bed Sunday night disappointed and have to hear the Cowboy fans talk trash. I want to be the one finally able to talk after this

• Jason Hanson kicks a game winner
  • The Packers secure a 1st round bye
  • The Skins play loose & relaxed and win the division knowing they have a wild card in their back pocket to fall back on.

The ideal scenario.

Honestly though, if I had to bet my mortgage on the above happening, or it going down to the last few drives of our game....I aint betting on it being easy.

The ideal scenario.

Honestly though, if I had to bet my mortgage on the above happening, or it going down to the last few drives of our game....I aint betting on it being easy.

Hey, far as I'm aware, the one thing that this team hasn't done, all year, is "win easy".

With Norv, if we were up by 21 at the half, you just keew we were gonna blow it.

Now, we've improved. We all know that we're gonna let the other team back in. We just aren't certain that we'll lose.

:)

Skins have been in every game this year but the Steelers. We are a confident bunch; much more so than the fans. Skins won too easily last time in Dallas. This is a huge game for Romo sits to pee too. However, I have to like the RG3 story! It's different this time!! HTTR

Archived