Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm Nervous, but I'm Not Norvous

kleese

I'm with ya, kleese.

This team might lose, tomorrow. But I lost my "I just know we're gonna blow this, somehow", a while before you did.

After we lost to the Giants, I started this thread.

Kind of ironic. A game that we lost, was what made me respect this team. As a team.

(And, yeah. After that Giants game, there was a period where I was moving back in that direction. Injuries were really hurting us. That bye week really saves our behinds, this year.)

(And yeah, I will admit that still, when it's halftime, and we're up by 21, I'm no longer convinced that we will lose, but I am convinced that we'll let our opponent back into the game.)

But yeah, I think that the TEAM we've got, right now (and I don't just mean the players, either), is better than our record, right now.

Not just the win-loss record, but the WAY we're doing things, now.

I think I may have finally shaken off my Norvousness this year. This administration seems to "get it" in terms of how to build a football team. We have a good GM and an owner that seems to no longer be meddlesome. I am nervious, but have a to. Of confidence in this team!

HTTR!!!!

I see this as Shanahan's leadership vs. Garrett's.

I like our chances.

This can't be repeated enough. Shanny has climbed the mountain and knows what it takes to get there. The biggest challenge Garrett has faced is trying to get the last slice of pizza before Rob Ryan does during their coaches meetings.

I'm not nervous. I'm pumped. Bring it on. If you're nervous, you should drink more and do more drugs.

This can't be repeated enough. Shanny has climbed the mountain and knows what it takes to get there. The biggest challenge Garrett has faced is trying to get the last slice of pizza before Rob Ryan does during their coaches meetings.

I'm not nervous. I'm pumped. Bring it on. If you're nervous, you should drink more and do more drugs.

LOL...

I'll just be nervous I guess

Dude, I'm a nervous wreck. Miserable.
:ols:

---------- Post added December-28th-2012 at 10:25 PM ----------

100% ready to beat their ass! I know we have the horse power from the coaches to the water boy to send Dallas home for the off season. Were we all expecting to win on Thanksgiving Day like we did? The point is that wasn't luck, that's what this team is capable of doing, and I see them doing it again. Even a worse beating on the Boyz this time, this ones in our house.

And no I'm not 1 bit worried about Dez Bryant or Tony Romo sits to pee. They both get hit straight in the mouth in this one!

Wondering how much it says about How Things Have Changed, the number of posters who think that the word "norvous" is something new.

Seriously. :)

Me? I'm not not nervous. I mean, I guess I should be. We can certainly lose this game.

But ... I'm just not worried about it. Not 'Norvous' if you will. :)

For me, it was the second Giants game. Up until that game, I had the little voice in my head saying 'deep down, you know we're going to lose this game, right?' Minus a quick break when Gibbs hit his stride, that voice has been in my head for over a decade now. No matter who we played I've grown to always expect a loss. But after the Giants game, it just kind of went away. I mean with the Ravens on deck I tried to be skeptical but I just ... didn't think we were going to lose the game. Same with the Browns game even though Griffin was sitting. Just didn't think we were going to lose. I mean, I TRIED to ... I just couldn't.

This week too. I know Dallas beats us all the time. I know Romo sits to pee can pull wins out of his posterior now and then. I'm just not worried. I'm trying to be. But I'm not.

Maybe because I know a loss doesn't mean what it used to. If we lose this week it just means we got beat. It doesn't mean we suck. It doesn't mean we are The Same Old Redskins. Maybe that's why I'm not worried.

We're going to be better next year. This year? This was the warm up. And we still might win the division.

Maybe that's why I'm not worried. :)

Will everyones Nervousness go way if the Bears and Vikings lose? I think the nervousness comes because of it being the cowboys in a winner take all game. I am a little nervous but Im also more confident then I have been in years. Romo sits to pee has so much pressure on him I dont think he will be able to handle it if we turn him over early I believe the flood gates will open. HE CHOKES IN GAMES LIKE THIS OUR QB THRIVES IN BIG GAMES.....HIS MOTTO IS NO PRESSURE NO DIAMONDS. But if we clinch a playoff spot before the game beating Dallas is icing on the cake.

Seriously. :)

Me? I'm not not nervous. I mean, I guess I should be. We can certainly lose this game.

But ... I'm just not worried about it. Not 'Norvous' if you will. :)

For me, it was the second Giants game. Up until that game, I had the little voice in my head saying 'deep down, you know we're going to lose this game, right?' Minus a quick break when Gibbs hit his stride, that voice has been in my head for over a decade now. No matter who we played I've grown to always expect a loss. But after the Giants game, it just kind of went away. I mean with the Ravens on deck I tried to be skeptical but I just ... didn't think we were going to lose the game. Same with the Browns game even though Griffin was sitting. Just didn't think we were going to lose. I mean, I TRIED to ... I just couldn't.

This week too. I know Dallas beats us all the time. I know Romo sits to pee can pull wins out of his posterior now and then. I'm just not worried. I'm trying to be. But I'm not.

Maybe because I know a loss doesn't mean what it used to. If we lose this week it just means we got beat. It doesn't mean we suck. It doesn't mean we are The Same Old Redskins. Maybe that's why I'm not worried.

We're going to be better next year. This year? This was the warm up. And we still might win the division.

Maybe that's why I'm not worried. :)

That's part of it, for me.

We might lose. But I'm no longer convinced that we WILL lose.

And, far as I'm concerned, we've been playing with house money since the second giants game. I thought we were a pretty good team, even then. But I thought we were a pretty good team, in a deep hole. I don't think ANYBODY expected us to win out, after that.

Me? If we lose tomorrow, I'm still an optimist about this team. If we win tomorrow (or otherwise make the playoffs), and then lose the next game, I'm not gonna feel bad.

I'm gonna feel good about this team, no matter what happens, from here on out.

So many wonderful, inexplainable things have happened these past few weeks of Redskins football; too many to name, but I will reflect on a few: the first game of the season- who would have thought we score 40 points with two rookies...come on; when RG3 fumbled the ball into Josh Morgan hands, Touch down...come on; when RG3 suffers, what appears to be, a major injury to his knee, comes back two games later to win a much meaningful game...come on; however, I really like it best when a New York Giants defensive line man (Justin Tuck) said, "I am mad that the football gods have placed RG3 in the NFC East."

Archived