Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Girl Dilemma....

Prototype

Koolblue must be at work and unable to respond.:pfft:

:ols: I am ****ing hammer drunk right now. $2 taco Tuesday on Wednesday and a tasting meeting today after working last night and then a tiny late night bar muppet themed dance party I feel great. So glad I'm finally home, alone, not even a roommate.

To the OP, think of a cool joint close, ask if shes been there, if she says no, ask her if she'd like to. It's my only line. :ols:

---------- Post added December-5th-2012 at 08:34 PM ----------

You need to lower your expectations.

Typing these words are not uneasy for me right now.

You are way over-analyzing it. :)

Just walk up to her and ask her to something casual, like grabbing a bite to eat, or meet up for a drink, or coffee or something.

Don't use a corny pick-up line...smart girls can see straight through that bullcrap...usually.

Bottom line: you really have nothing to lose. If she turns you down, you're not going to see her again. If she accepts, you'll enjoy a fun, new adventure :)

Good luck!

Failing that, hand her a cloth and ask "Does this smell like Chloroform to you?"

:ols::ols::ols:

Is it a science class? Try one of my favorites..."There are 206 bones in the human body, would you like an extra?" If it isn't a science class, just get a quarter and ask her "If I flip this coin, what are my chances of getting head?"

For what it's worth, I said both of those on several occasions at college parties, but I was able to get away with it because everyone was drunk, and I had drinking glass with those "and several others" written on it, so it was kind of a running joke. Also, you're taking advice from a man who once spent a weekend as a naked man in a box.

In all seriousness, Kaos gave you the best advice. I wouldn't do anything cheesy, but I would do something. When you get older, you're only going to have regrets about what you didn't try, not what you did.

I mean' date=' I'm no stranger in talking to the opposite sex, I do it all the time. This is just a very isolated case, in which she just gives this "aura" of not wanting to be approached, I can sense it. She only ever talks to her 1 friend in the class, and that's it.[/quote']

She wants you to talk to her.

I can relate to this in terms of problems, but considering I'm younger (22 vs 24) giving advice is probably not ideal.

Also, I'm pretty good at picking up platonic "friends who are girls" but my track record at going beyond that is....

...well let's just say it's bad and leave it at that.

That being said, if it's your last class together, it's going to be tough. The trick is to make things not look forced. Talking to her now, without reason will unfortunately, most likely look forced.

Ideally you'd run into her in some social situation out of class, and then have time in class to talk to her, or alternatively have reason to talk to her in class, but time is short. In my law school we had happy hours and bar reviews where you could casually meet people in your class, and that's how I met some of the people not immediately in my circle of friends.

I think at this late stage in the game you have to either ask her for coffee casually (and accept that she will almost certainly know what's going on...and that she might say no) or just fold your hand. I've had semesters where incredibly stunning women are there, and I just know that I won't even reflect in their eyes, and it's just not worth it.

If you have more classes coming up next semester where she is in them though that could be an opening. You can politely introduce yourself, with the standard "hey, sorry, but did we have class together last semester?" thing, followed by a handshake and exchanging names. If you do it near the beginning or end of class you can usually do it quick enough that you guys almost immediately have to leave, so there's no awkward extra time where you're fumbling for conversation.

Alternatively, if you both frequent a coffee shop or food venue, you might see her there and can introduce yourself (the best place is in line, where it looks like it's just coincidence), and again, since it's food or coffee, there's an easy out before things get awkward. HOWEVER, this is where you can easily slip into the "mild stalker" mode, where you just hang out at coffee shops until she shows up. If it comes to that, I'd just move on, it's not worth it, so be careful.

I know how you feel OP. I go through this maddening cycle every semester. I'm stuck in that middle area where I'm not pushing girls away, but I don't pull them either. I play the long game almost exclusively, and it rarely works (I have frequent flyer miles and a very nice beach house in the nation of Friendzonia). So let me wish you the best of luck, and say I hope you do manage to get a yes for coffee or whatever you try. And if not, best of luck next time.

If you do manage to introduce yourself, come back and tell us, and if you want more help we'll be happy to try (try being the key phrase there).

Edit: Also, wow, ES and 4chan have a lot more in common than I thought.

Asking for love advice on a public forum board? Dude, grow some pubes, let your balls drop and go talk to the chick. Jesus, the worst she can say is no, and if she does you say, "Ok, your loss." Then move on to the next one, even another chick right in front of her. Dont get played by the ****es, be tha playa!

Asking for love advice on a public forum board? Dude, grow some pubes, let your balls drop and go talk to the chick. Jesus, the worst she can say is no, and if she does you say, "Ok, your loss." Then move on to the next one, even another chick right in front of her. Dont get played by the ****es, be tha playa!

^^^This guy is cool. Take his advice. Be cool.

Obviously, if you haven`t spoken to her yet.... it`s because you believe the pain of rejection is greater than the enjoyment you can envision if you were together. But if you truly believe that there might be something there worth exploring... how is that not worth any risk. Do you think true love doesn`t involve risk? Do you even if you think you could be soul mates... that you`re going to avoid any kind of negative emotions at various points in your relationship? If you want a relationship... you have to put yourself out there. Otherwise, stick with prostitutes.

Dating is a numbers game. Being afraid to talk to girls is dumb, you keep asking/talking/macking until one says yes. The odds are in your favor. Mathmatically, one girl is bound to say yes if you ask 100 different girls out lol.

^This...but it's much more than that.

It's probably more akin to poker. (I should probably specify for any ladies reading this thread that no disrespect is meant in any way by anything said)

You sometimes get dealt poor hands (Never had a chance with her anyway)

Sometimes you have to fold (Just walking away)

You need strategy most of the time (Have to beat out all the other suitors)

Sometimes you'll have a great hand and someone will still beat you (You pull out all the stops, are funny, charming, generally the greatest guy within miles, and yet you still lose to some dude)

Sometimes you'll win but the pot will be smaller than preferred (A girl who you're not attracted to starts hitting on you)

etc. etc.

In the end, you keep playing and hope for a winning hand, but unless you've been lucky enough to get good hands every deal, you've got to put a lot of effort into it, and recognize you'll lose a lot of hands.

Man this analogy is depressing. I was playing poker not too long ago and seriously bled chips for 2 straight hours without a single POSSIBLE winning hand. Seriously, every time I folded I'd remember what I had and if it would have won...not once, over like 50 hands. Didn't help that probably 40 of those hands were some combination of lower cards just out of reach of a straight (2,7 all day), off suit. Fun times.

Archived