Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Girl Dilemma....

Prototype

Tell her you'd been waiting for her to ask you out, but since she seems shy, you figured you'd step up and offer to buy her a cup of tea.

~Bang

Ah the classics. I change it up from tea,coffee, hot choco but this is a amazing line. Not only will it amuse her but it puts the ball in her court and if she says no at least you gave it a shot.

You guys are pumping me up' date=' I'm ready.... I'm SO ready, I think I'm gonna end up MARRYING this chick![/quote']

Before getting down on one knee to porpose perhaps getting down on one knee to ask her name and if she'd like to get some coffee

---------- Post added December-6th-2012 at 09:07 AM ----------

For all you know this chick could be a complete dumbass *****. Just ask her out and stop putting her on a pedestal.

exactly. I use to put some on pedestal but you realize you are just psyching yourself out doing that. Better off taking the approach of "I'm awesome and I know it. If you can't see that go kick stones."

Sidenote: just talk to her. If you don't it will just end up bugging in the end and perhaps over the holidays if you are that into this girl.

Don't make me come to your class, find this girl and say " I'm a dude from a Redskin discussion board who that dude obver there is also apart of and apparently wants to eventually marry you. What do you say?"

You're over thinking it.

Talking to a member of the opposite sex shouldn't be such a demanding task. Just talk to her, you have something in common which is that you attend the same class. Use that as a first step. If she's interested in you, it shouldn't be hard to translate that into a different subject.

Yeah... this

You just have to approach her and talk to her with confidence. The worst thing she can say is no or that she's not interested. Women like confident guys.

Yeah you've hyped this chick up too much in your head. Just talk to her ask her what she thought of the class? is there a final coming up? is she taking the second half of the class next semester (if there is one, if not is she taking something similar). You have the class in common start with that once you lead into the convo if she is intersted you will know. Again the worst thing that happens is she blows you off...oh well move on

Oh and keep us posted

^This...but it's much more than that.

It's probably more akin to poker. (I should probably specify for any ladies reading this thread that no disrespect is meant in any way by anything said)

You sometimes get dealt poor hands (Never had a chance with her anyway)

Sometimes you have to fold (Just walking away)

You need strategy most of the time (Have to beat out all the other suitors)

Sometimes you'll have a great hand and someone will still beat you (You pull out all the stops, are funny, charming, generally the greatest guy within miles, and yet you still lose to some dude)

Sometimes you'll win but the pot will be smaller than preferred (A girl who you're not attracted to starts hitting on you)

etc. etc.

In the end, you keep playing and hope for a winning hand, but unless you've been lucky enough to get good hands every deal, you've got to put a lot of effort into it, and recognize you'll lose a lot of hands.

Man this analogy is depressing. I was playing poker not too long ago and seriously bled chips for 2 straight hours without a single POSSIBLE winning hand. Seriously, every time I folded I'd remember what I had and if it would have won...not once, over like 50 hands. Didn't help that probably 40 of those hands were some combination of lower cards just out of reach of a straight (2,7 all day), off suit. Fun times.

What I said applies to both sexes (male and female) though, so the females shouldn't get angry. If a woman asks out 100 men, one of them are bound to say yes. Actually, for women the odds may work more in their favor. I like to keep it simple, its a numbers game, but just for the entrance way to get things started. Of course relationships and how things turn out (emotional attraction, same likes/interests, etc.) develop and may not always work out.

Since he doesn't know her, she could be the biggest ***** in the world, married, engaged, transvestite, etc. The only way he's gonna get to know her is to talk to her. Being scared to talk to women is silly to me. I had really good luck with girls though, so confidence was never an issue for me. Plus, I met my wife begining of my senior year in high school, so she was the last gal I dated starting at age 17. But I had a ton of girlfriends dates in that 3 year span until I met my wife, but I know, its a lot different than his situation. I can't imagine having to date in college or afterwards. Anyhow, my friends continued this practice well into college and its always worked. So it works at all levels :D

With that said though, I remember telling my friend that introduced me and the wife to hook me up (I had drove my ex-girlfriend and wife to the library after school). She came back and said, "She said she has a boyfriend." My reply, "Tell her I have a girlfriend and we can cheat together." After that, I started trying to hook-up with another chick that walked by me in the cafeteria litterally a minute earlier. It was two weeks later, my friend came back to me and handed me my wifes phone number. What had happened was she never told my wife who she was trying to set her up with. She then asked her why she didn't want to go out with me and my wife said, you didnt tell me it was him. Feels like yesterday LOL, even though it was 20 years ago :)

All I can say, is that I had a crush on my wife for about four years before I got the courage up to ask her out.

Just do it already. This girl is probably thinking, "I wish that guys would say something to me."

Yep. If someone's sending looks you should acting upon it. The girl ain't gonna ask you. I know for me if someone's checking me out somewhere I don't have a problem walking up and saying hey. Heck over the summer some cute blonde at the beach (classic blonde hair blue eys deal with the Pink sweats) was giving me some glances at some shopping outlet. She was with some friends(guys included). I walked up to her in front of her friends to say hey and figured out real quick she was throwing glances on purpose. Of course nothing relationship came out of it but it was fun til the week ended.

---------- Post added December-6th-2012 at 09:57 AM ----------

Ask her why she hasn't taken you out for drinks yet...

It will start a conversation.

It works, and breaks the ice.

I got another one. True ice breaker plus it makes them laugh usually- "You are way too cute to not know me." Usually the response is a nice chuckle and a comment like "well we should fix/change that shouldn't we?"

Pick up lines or anything witty to a girl in your class that you haven't talked to for the entire semester is lame as hell. You're going to look desperate and it'll be obvious that you're forcing the issue. There is practically nothing you can say in your opener or introduction to her that will make her say yes. If she wants to go with you, she'll say yes as long as you ask politely. Don't be corny.

Just ask her for coffee or drinks. If she says yes, just conversate with her like a normal human being. If she says no, move along there are plenty of others.

Pick up lines or anything witty to a girl in your class that you haven't talked to for the entire semester is lame as hell. .

Pfft. Disagree. I think he should try one of these lines:

"How much does a Polar Bear weigh?" dramatic pause "ENOUGH TO BREAK THE ICE! HEY YOOO!" (You have to yell the last part, and say hey yo! It's not optional)

Walk up to her and grab the tag from the back of her shirt. Don't worry, that funny look is a good thing. And when looking at the tag say, "Oh, sorry. Just checking to see if you were made in Heaven".

Or you could just walk up to her, looking at her with a very concerned look on your face... She'll inevitably either look at you like you're nuts (which means she isn't worth your time!) or she'll say, "what?". You respond with "Did that hurt?!?!?" ***at this point she should just be looking at you funny*** "WHEN YOU FELL FROM HEAVEN!?!" (again, you have to yell the last part)

You'll get a date. For sure. Or not.

At the beginning of class drop off a bottle of lotion at her desk. At the end of class come back with a basket and say, "It puts the lotion in the basket or it gets the hose." She'll be putty in your hands. I saw John Kusack do this in the movie Say Anything. Worked like a charm.

Seriously - last class....

Go say hi. She will say hi back (Unless you repulse her....)

Then say "So I know we have never spoken - but being last class...you want to get a drink sometime?"

I actually did this twice. Once -Same as you. Last day of class. She answered with a "Sorry- I have a Boyfriend". (to which I replied "Well -If your sorry -Dump him". Never saw her again....

the other time was when I was waiting tables and a girl was on a blind date. He went to the bathroom and I said "I know your on a date - But it doesn't seem serious. Would you ever go out with a waiter?"

We were married for 9 years......

(Both outcomes were bad come to think of it)....

wait...the girl on the blind date was ur wife...and she was cheating on you?

---------- Post added December-7th-2012 at 01:00 AM ----------

What's up ES.... I'm coming to you guys for some advice

So there's this girl in my class' date=' and I think she's really pretty, but I just haven't had the guts to go up to talk to her at all. I mean, AT ALL. She sits across from me, and I feel like she catches my stares from time to time, but glances away in a rather uninterested fashion

The problem is, there's only one class left, and it's pretty much my last opportunity. I also feel like I screwed myself over, since it would be even more awkward that I haven't even spoken to her all semester, and all of a sudden, I'm super friendly, and it might weird her out. On top of all that, since again, I repeat, I haven't had ANY conversation with her whatsoever, I don't even know if she has a boyfriend or not, which makes me even more nervous about approaching her.

What can I do? There's got to be a lady killer/pickup pro around here somewhere that can help me out? Or is it just a lost cause, and I should just move on and forget about it?[/quote']

picture or im not buyin it!! ;)

What can I do? There's got to be a lady killer/pickup pro around here somewhere that can help me out? Or is it just a lost cause' date=' and I should just move on and forget about it?[/quote']

I had a similar situation in college. Though it wasn't the very last class (but it was her last semester), there were probably two or three to go. I hadn't really talked to the girl that much either, maybe a few hellos. At the end of class one day I got her attention and just asked her if she wanted to grab lunch. She said yes and we did. Very nice girl, had a good date. Didn't go anywhere after the first date, though. I don't know what happened as communication broke down.

But, anyhow, the point is, just don't over think it. Over thinking this stuff is just bad news. I used to talk myself out of asking girls out all the time because of over thinking. Once because I was afraid of how a female friend's dad would think about asking his daughter out only to find out years later that her dad was always wondering why I never asked her out...

Archived