Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Girl Dilemma....

Prototype

Always works at the bar scene but will it work on a college campus? Those kids are smart and about the business if thinking!

:ols:

Never underestimate the intellectual prowess of toddlers!

I feel like I'm being friggin cross examined everytime I talk to my 5 y/o niece, lol

Ask her if that's a mirror on her belt because you can yourself in her pants. Anyway he probably hasn't had time for an update bc he's been on a 3 day **** session with this chick after hitting her up w some of the lines in this thread.

Seriously - last class....

Go say hi. She will say hi back (Unless you repulse her....)

Then say "So I know we have never spoken - but being last class...you want to get a drink sometime?"

I actually did this twice. Once -Same as you. Last day of class. She answered with a "Sorry- I have a Boyfriend". (to which I replied "Well -If your sorry -Dump him". Never saw her again....

the other time was when I was waiting tables and a girl was on a blind date. He went to the bathroom and I said "I know your on a date - But it doesn't seem serious. Would you ever go out with a waiter?"

We were married for 9 years......

(Both outcomes were bad come to think of it)....

Loved your ending.....obviously that wife didn't. :)

First, I'm not really good at picking up women but I can talk to anybody and establish common ground.

Personally I wouldn't go right in immediately with asking her to get coffee or some other date like thing. She's only going to agree to something like that if she's already interested in you. If she's not, you need to first establish a basic level of trust in her, i.e., make her realize you're not a creep.

One way to start conversations is to just naturally include yourself in whatever she's talking about or doing. Eavesdrop and then chime in if it's not a personal subject. I do it a lot. If you're smooth about it, most people are glad to have someone new to talk to. If you're weird about it, it will seem awkward and intrusive. If you don't make it weird that you're just now talking to her for the first time, it won't be. Just read her and the situation and you'll figure out something to say. Don't be clever, just be normal, boring small talk "Glad that class is over (or) I'm gonna miss that class, blah blah blah, are you a [blank] major?" Ask easy questions like that and you'll start learning her basic interests. Everyone has interests and everyone likes to talk about them but you actually have to listen to them.

I find that a lot of the awkwardness of communication happens because the two sides are self consciously thinking about what they should say rather than listening.

Anyway that's how I'd establish to someone I've never spoken to that I speak and think like a normal human being. From there, if she seems interested in talking to you, do the coffee thing.

Or just do Bang's thing. It's cute. It'd work on me.

For all you know this chick could be a complete dumbass *****. Just ask her out and stop putting her on a pedestal.

If she's a dumbass *****, don't ask her out. You can usually tell if someone has an awful personality early in a conversation.

I'm not one to talk though. I've been guilty of the same thing as the OP. Put a really good looking girl on a pedestal and wait forever to talk to her. Sometimes I kind of enjoyed it actually, didn't really get anxious about it. My freshman year there was this really beautiful Canadian girl who had a really charming sunny personality in one of my classes. I am one of those annoyingly active discussers in classes, not a wallflower, everyone usually knew who I was. I'd notice her looking at me and she would be kind of shy, I assumed she was attracted to me. I found out later she told one of my female friends I looked just like her boyfriend she had been in love with in High School. Our interactions became so awkward at one point I passed her on a walkway while listening to one of those old huge original white IPods (this was like 2005), didn't say a word even though we both obviously recognized each other. Keep walking, she turns around, tries to say something. The only other person who was on this walkway stops me and says, "Excuse me, I think she is trying to talk to you." I stopped, pulled out my headphones, and turn around just in time to see her do an about face and shuffle off in embarrassment. It was actually really flattering and endearing. Moral of the story, I was a stupid idiot with my head up my ass and I never got another chance to talk to her again. Things like that used to happen to me a lot actually. I don't know why I still remember that one so well. I remember I felt so bad for being such a ***** and putting her in that situation. She was a really good looking girl, I'm sure she's done alright.

The worst is when I'll be shy about approaching a pretty girl and then when I finally talk to her, I find out she's really awkward in a bad way or downright stupid and banal. Then you're just kind of crestfallen. I realize that sounds arrogant, I'm not as judgmental as I sound and I'm polite. I'm just not desperate.

---------- Post added December-7th-2012 at 02:05 PM ----------

:paranoid:

I didn't read the whole thread before I posted that.

But you know what though? Yeah that'd work on me too. Something to be said for a woman who farts confidently in public.

You're 24 dude? What, are you in college and still freaking out about what some girl you don't know thinks about you?

Best thing high school taught me was that there are enough *******s in the world to consider yourself at least a pretty decent person, on average. It's a safe bet anyway. Walk up to her with the knowledge that you're worth her time and she'll maybe give you the chance to be something special to her. You're not going to get that chance if you're just another face in the crowd.

Best thing high school taught me was that there are enough *******s in the world to consider yourself at least a pretty decent person, on average. It's a safe bet anyway. Walk up to her with the knowledge that you're worth her time and she'll maybe give you the chance to be something special to her. You're not going to get that chance if you're just another face in the crowd.

Yup. There's nothing to be afraid of. Girls aren't rejecting guys for the fun of it. They're looking for love just like we are.

First, I'm not really good at picking up women but I can talk to anybody and establish common ground.

Personally I wouldn't go right in immediately with asking her to get coffee or some other date like thing. She's only going to agree to something like that if she's already interested in you. If she's not, you need to first establish a basic level of trust in her, i.e., make her realize you're not a creep.

One way to start conversations is to just naturally include yourself in whatever she's talking about or doing. Eavesdrop and then chime in if it's not a personal subject. I do it a lot. If you're smooth about it, most people are glad to have someone new to talk to. If you're weird about it, it will seem awkward and intrusive. If you don't make it weird that you're just now talking to her for the first time, it won't be. Just read her and the situation and you'll figure out something to say. Don't be clever, just be normal, boring small talk "Glad that class is over (or) I'm gonna miss that class, blah blah blah, are you a [blank] major?" Ask easy questions like that and you'll start learning her basic interests. Everyone has interests and everyone likes to talk about them but you actually have to listen to them.

I find that a lot of the awkwardness of communication happens because the two sides are self consciously thinking about what they should say rather than listening.

Anyway that's how I'd establish to someone I've never spoken to that I speak and think like a normal human being. From there, if she seems interested in talking to you, do the coffee thing.

Or just do Bang's thing. It's cute. It'd work on me.

This has probably been the best advice I've seen yet. I don't get all the ones saying just walk right up and ask her for drinks or coffee. Dude hasn't even talked to her, at all. That's not gonna work. She's more than likely gonna get a creepy vibe if does that. The only way I could see that working is if she already thought he was cute or wanted him to talk to here. And from all he's said about her, that doesn't seem to be the case.

When you are old and grey, you will have very few regrets about the things you did, you will only regret the things you didn't do.

Ding.

Just put yourself out there. Chicks dig a guy who has confidence and can make her laugh.

The best possible thing for you to do is approach her and drop a little science on her BEFORE class.

Walk right up to her, look her in the face and tell her "Sorry I have stared at you all semester, but in my defense, you are the most beautiful thing ive ever seen. Simply gorgeous. Have a nice day, maybe we can grab coffee or a drink sometime?"

then walk away, sit down, let that one marinate for a little bit. Don't expect an answer right away, this way she feels no pressure.

After class, ask her if she put any thought to that coffee date (trust me, she will have thought about it all class), reinforce that you are a harmless student just looking to enjoy a nice beverage with the prettiest girl you've ever seen.

This is proven to work as long as you don't act like a fool. Remember, act confident and smile. Carefree, happy go lucky is the best approach.

Now that I'm back to the busy bar that is the busiest joint on the boardwalk, I'm completely reminded of how girl problems feel. The girl I was with a while back, who ditched me without notice, sitting there getting hit on and acting like nothing ever happened with us, the girl who I have a strange crush on, who I won't talk to and the girl who likes me and I cut off all at the bar.

Be straight with her let her know how you feel, if she's interested she'll respond. If not, move on it's not worth spending 19 years loving a woman & dealing with somone else's hangups & nuerodic behavior, not to mention the verbal abuse

19 years? That's an oddly specific number to throw out there. I vote this for most depressing revealing post of the thread.

Now that I'm back to the busy bar that is the busiest joint on the boardwalk, I'm completely reminded of how girl problems feel. The girl I was with a while back, who ditched me without notice, sitting there getting hit on and acting like nothing ever happened with us, the girl who I have a strange crush on, who I won't talk to and the girl who likes me and I cut off all at the bar.

Reminds me of that line from an eagles song. Got 7 women on my mind. 4 that want to own me, 2 that want to stone me and 1 says she's a friend of mine.....

Draw a picture of something funny on a piece of paper, napkin, etc.. Nothing elaborate, a simple stick man type drawing of something that both of you would understand (something a student or professor did in class that was embarrassing/awkward)... Match this with a simple ice breaker and it's golden. Works 90% of the time. 100% laugh.

If you are getting a signal from her not to approach, then she is likely actually sending that signal out. Your attempt is likely to fail in getting the girl, but it will be great practice for you. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Girl or practice, it's all good. After having this experience, next time there will be an irresistible aura of braveness about you.

This.

Ding.

Just put yourself out there. Chicks dig a guy who has confidence and can make her laugh.

The best possible thing for you to do is approach her and drop a little science on her BEFORE class.

Walk right up to her, look her in the face and tell her "Sorry I have stared at you all semester, but in my defense, you are the most beautiful thing ive ever seen. Simply gorgeous. Have a nice day, maybe we can grab coffee or a drink sometime?"

then walk away, sit down, let that one marinate for a little bit. Don't expect an answer right away, this way she feels no pressure.

After class, ask her if she put any thought to that coffee date (trust me, she will have thought about it all class), reinforce that you are a harmless student just looking to enjoy a nice beverage with the prettiest girl you've ever seen.

This is proven to work as long as you don't act like a fool. Remember, act confident and smile. Carefree, happy go lucky is the best approach.

Chics may dig confidence and someone that can make her laugh, but not someone creepy. What you're telling him to do is creepy. At best, it's just lame. If anything, she'll probably move to a seat where he's no longer facing her.

Chics may dig confidence and someone that can make her laugh, but not someone creepy. What you're telling him to do is creepy. At best, it's just lame. If anything, she'll probably move to a seat where he's no longer facing her.
. Yea. I agree. "I've been staring at you all semester" as your first words to her is noy a good idea. That appears you're thinking you will be lucky to get a date with her. The trick is believing she will be lucky to grab a drink with you. It sounds bad to say but the truth is you have to let them know you're interested but also make sure they know you don't give a **** if they say no.

Archived