Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor: Morris to be DC in Tenneesse

German_skin

I think better talent, especially at the safety positions, is what will improve our secondary the most.

Of course, but how have we been able to see so many promising safeties rise and fall out of favor in the last few seasons? Coaching has to be it. When we signed Morris I was expecting the safety play to improve.

Yup, and he would have the respect of the players in a second.

Can't imagine that he would not improve our corner play let alone the secondary, there is nowhere to go but up.

Of course, but how have we been able to see so many promising safeties rise and fall out of favor in the last few seasons? Coaching has to be it. When we signed Morris I was expecting the safety play to improve.

Coaching may well be a part of the problem - but we came into the year projecting Jackson and Merriweather as the starting safeties and we have had about 3 quarters of play combined from these two this season.

An European scoop ;)

How about this rumor then....

WREG-TV in Memphis, Tenn. reported Tuesday night that the ESPN NFL analyst has an offer on the table to become the next head coach of the University of Tennessee with an interesting twist. According to the report, Gruden would be getting an ownership stake in the Cleveland Browns as part of the deal and a decision could be made as early as Wednesday.

Cleveland Browns: Jon Gruden not offered part of team

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000101939/article/jimmy-haslam-jon-gruden-not-offered-part-of-browns?campaign=Twitter_atl

FWIW, didn't Darrell Green say he observed a practice or two and said our technique in the secondary was horrible? So, if he goes, he goes. Maybe someone will come in and stress technique. I'm more interested in whether or not Haslett is fired/released/let go/kicked out/booted/ejected/launched out of here.

DG was on inside the locker room with B Mitch and Doc, asked about how he viewed the defense, said he saw players in the secondary specifically playing with techniques that didn't make logical sense to him. Don't know if it was through practice though, think he just watched the games.

DG was on inside the locker room with B Mitch and Doc, asked about how he viewed the defense, said he saw players in the secondary specifically playing with techniques that didn't make logical sense to him. Don't know if it was through practice though, think he just watched the games.

Cool. I knew I heard or read it somewhere, I just wasn't sure when he observed it.

Looks to be the same unit as last year that Ranked 12th (Sub injured Atogwe or whoever else we had back there for Williams)

Except there's less pass rush and 4-5 guys who get playing time now that were either very limited before or not even here.

Yeah him and another vet from the DL?? don't remember who it was, Charles Mann maybe said technique was not being stressed. I wished DG would come in as the secondary coach.

Green and Mann have been critical of guys at their position for a while now. There's been a few coaches that have come and gone, but their stance doesn't change. So it's not something unique to Morris not teaching technique correctly, and I doubt any new guy would stop their criticism (not that they aren't correct).

kirbysmart2.jpg

Kirby Smart, Kirby Smart, Kirby Smart!!! Bring this guy in for DC and he can bring his own guys with him...

I can only dream of our defense having the fire this guy brings...

http://www.sportsheartbeat.com/2012/11/07/coaching-cadidate-4-kirby-smart/

---------- Post added November-28th-2012 at 12:14 PM ----------

http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/smart_kirby00.html

---------- Post added November-28th-2012 at 12:15 PM ----------

Keep Kyle Shanahan, Kirby Smart... KS, KS baby!!! FTW!

Maybe bring back Kirk Olividatti for Defensive Assistant. He did wonders for our linebackers

If I were the Skins I'd take a hard look at Brian Dawkins as a secondary coach being groomed to be the d-coordinator in place of Haslett some day. Not only was Dawkins an outstanding player (sure bet to be a HOFer), he played under Jim Johnson while with the Eagles. Johnson and Monty Kiffin, along with Dick Labeau were the 3 standout d-coordinators of the late 90's and 2000's...up until Johnson's death. Dawkins would coach up our secondary big time. Just a thought.

http://www.sportsheartbeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/kirbysmart2.jpg

Kirby Smart, Kirby Smart, Kirby Smart!!! Bring this guy in for DC and he can bring his own guys with him...

I can only dream of our defense having the fire this guy brings...

http://www.sportsheartbeat.com/2012/11/07/coaching-cadidate-4-kirby-smart/

U

---------- Post added November-28th-2012 at 12:14 PM ----------

http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/smart_kirby00.html

---------- Post added November-28th-2012 at 12:15 PM ----------

Keep Kyle Shanahan, Kirby Smart... KS, KS baby!!! FTW!

Maybe bring back Kirk Olividatti for Defensive Assistant. He did wonders for our linebackers

K.O was a great one,would love having him back. Mike and Bruce really need to do a great job on upgrading the defense from coaching,players and scheme.

I also wouldn't disagree in giving a guy time Major. That should be a staple that isn't oft afforded in today's transient, 'what have you done for me lately?' NFL. I wouldn't be sad to see him leave. But I wouldn't be pissed to see him stay at his position for a duration either.

But I sure as heck wouldn't boost him to DC as many keep suggesting until such a time as he has proved himself.

Hail.

that is pretty much how i feel. especially the bolded part.

Rex Ryan for DC. :P

He sucks.

No way we do this.

---------- Post added November-28th-2012 at 02:26 PM ----------

I never understood how Morris got so popular on here. Regardless of talent, his unit isn't really performing well at all outside of D-Hall's INTS.

I wouldn't care either way if he left or stayed

I think people were hoping his presence would lure Talib here as a free agent CB.

Whatever happens, I have faith that Shanny understands the sense of urgency for help/change on defense. You notice he doesn't say much, while Haslett is always saying his players just aren't executing. I have yet to hear Shanny really back up that statement. He mentions it sucks that Tanard and Merriwether aren't available, but I think he understands that's not the only problem

Archived