Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor: Morris to be DC in Tenneesse

German_skin

and then they checked his record... and it's been happening to him throughout his coaching life.

So that's how he went from being a DC in PIT and having one of the top ranked D three years in a row to the coach of the year as the New Orleans Saints HC?

You'd think there'd be more head coaching candidates if all it required was being out schemed.

clearly our defense changed gears after the bye week. Perhaps even enough to save Haslets job for next year, which could be kicking off the rumors. Of course, that is assuming Haslet actually spearheaded trying the obvious, attempt to finally crank up the pass rush and help out the secondary. Really, while any fan here could have done that, maybe it was Morris that had to pinch hit for Haslet. Mike will never tell.

He has little 3-4 experience, so he is a logical fit.

Why folks may not like his resume, I thought I remember reading that he was the up and coming soon to be next DC before we got him.

clearly our defense changed gears after the bye week. Perhaps even enough to save Haslets job for next year, which could be kicking off the rumors. Of course, that is assuming Haslet actually spearheaded trying the obvious, attempt to finally crank up the pass rush and help out the secondary. Really, while any fan here could have done that, maybe it was Morris that had to pinch hit for Haslet. Mike will never tell.

Why folks may not like his resume, I thought I remember reading that he was the up and coming soon to be next DC before we got him.

Dude... we still gave up 31 points last week. They had one good week against a quitting team (Eagles), with a rookie QB at his first start. I wouldn't say they "changed gears" they had one good game, and one almost pitiful game against Dallas.

Any team could have had him he was coaching a damn ufl team! If he was really up an coming then a nfl team would have scooped him but no his only option was ufl...

So that's how he went from being a DC in PIT and having one of the top ranked D three years in a row to the coach of the year as the New Orleans Saints HC?

You'd think there'd be more head coaching candidates if all it required was being out schemed.

this is why I am not a fan of hiring Kirby Smart as Defensive Coordinator. He has more talent on defense than everyone in college football from top to bottom. It's pretty easy to win that way.

Great coaches can out scheme you with less talent. Good coaches can make sure they are unpredictable. Haz doesn't do either. And he had some pretty good players while he was in Pittsburgh with his defense going (6th, 12th, and 11th).

But you are advocating that he was hired in NO for what he did in Pittsburgh... but forgot to mention that he was fired in NO for what he DIDN"T do in NO.

---------- Post added November-30th-2012 at 08:19 AM ----------

Hard to fail with a D LeBeau leaves you. And what happened to the Saints the 4 years after his initial season again?

Hail.

Or the Rams, for that matter.

Hard to fail with a D LeBeau leaves you.

So top 10 is "not failing" in your eyes? Or are you using semantics to support a weak ass point. Haslett has not been an all world coach, but he has not been a coach that's been out schemed his entire career as you're suggesting.

And you touch on another point here, Haslett was able to succeed with descent personnel. Who's to say Haslett has been in charge of his personnel up to this point? We simply don't know. We do know he wanted to run a 43, but was forced to run a 34, we do know he wasn't allowed to pick a single one of his assistants.

And what happened to the Saints the 4 years after his initial season again?

Hail.

What does that prove? You and other asserted Haslett has been getting out-schemed THROUGHOUT his coaching career.

I argued that top ranked defenses in PIT, the eventual HC job in NO, and the coach of the year award he received there, are evidence that he quite obviously has not been going out-schemed throughout his career.

Saying he did not end well in NO, does NOT prove your initial point that he had been getting out-schemed his whole career. Comprende?

---------- Post added November-30th-2012 at 09:28 AM ----------

But you are advocating that he was hired in NO for what he did in Pittsburgh... but forgot to mention that he was fired in NO for what he DIDN"T do in NO.

No I'm not. I'm arguing that his time in PIT, him receiving a HC job in NO, and him winning coach of the year, are all evidence that he has not been getting out schemed his entire coaching career, as you and others have suggested.

Saying he's had low points in his career does not take away from my point, I've never said he's some great DC.

Post 66, you assert that Haslett has been getting out-schemed his ENTIRE career, post 67 GHH agrees with it.

---------- Post added November-30th-2012 at 09:35 AM ----------

So here's the question, was Haslett being out-schemed his first year in NO when he went 10-6 and won coach of the year?

Was he being out schemed in 1997 when PITs DVOA was ranked #2 overall?

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef1997

Jimmy Hyams ‏@JimmyHyams

Contrary to reports, UT has not offered a contract to Gruden nor does Gruden have a contract in hand

Jimmy Hyams ‏@JimmyHyams

Jon Gruden is out as UT candidate. Informed UT recently after phone talks last week. UT never offered contract, source said.

Jimmy Hyams ‏@JimmyHyams

UT athletic director Dave Hart will continue to interview candidates in New York next week. We expect announcement betw december 6-10

We did that the first 4 weeks of the season with disastrous results. We got skull ****ed by the Rams and Benglas both. I think Danny Amendola caught 453 passes against us that game.

THATS when the called off the dogs and played vanilla. We're seeing a return.

(lets not pretend like we're FINALLY rushing the passer though)_

Still beating this drum, huh, brother? :)

Would you expect anything else? :)

I just believe Ppl exaggerate how bad of a career he's had.

---------- Post added November-30th-2012 at 12:41 PM ----------

We did that the first 4 weeks of the season with disastrous results. We got skull ****ed by the Rams and Benglas both. I think Danny Amendola caught 453 passes against us that game.

THATS when the called off the dogs and played vanilla. We're seeing a return.

(lets not pretend like we're FINALLY rushing the passer though)_

So glad someone brought this up.

Would you expect anything else? :)

Absolutely not. You and I have our disagreements, but I whole heartedly respect your use of logic and your desire to stick by a point.

Let the fact that you're wrong be damned :)

(The first part was serious, the second line was only half joking :))

.....What does that prove? You and other asserted Haslett has been getting out-schemed THROUGHOUT his coaching career.

I argued that top ranked defenses in PIT, the eventual HC job in NO, and the coach of the year award he received there, are evidence that he quite obviously has not been going out-schemed throughout his career.

Saying he did not end well in NO, does NOT prove your initial point that he had been getting out-schemed his whole career. Comprende? .....

I like you Mahons. Your one of the more insightful, rational posters around these parts. But now your just being an ass.

I believe I said he was a career average, univentive, predictable DC. And when I, all be it flippantly, replied to DC with the 'don't ruin a good myth line' to his post on his career, yes, the majority of his career would fall under that. Being as you couldn't comprehend how so many want him gone.

Four good years out of career does not a good coordinator/ HC make. And a little backing off from your zeal to prove folk wrong and both read and not take out of context what's posted wouldn't go amiss either.

What was it ..... Comprende?

Hail.

I like you Mahons. Your one of the more insightful, rational posters around these parts. But now your just being an ass.

I believe I said he was a career average, univentive, predictable DC. And when I, all be it flippantly, replied to DC with the 'don't ruin a good myth line' to his post on his career, yes, the majority of his career would fall under that. Being as you couldn't comprehend how so many want him gone.

Four good years out of career does not a good coordinator/ HC make. And a little backing off from your zeal to prove folk wrong and both read and not take out of context what's posted wouldn't go amiss either.

What was it ..... Comprende?

Hail.

Come on, GHH... he won the whole UFL with Gano!

Lol, you guys said he's been out schemed his whole career, it was an exaggeration both of you seem quite willing to back off.

Again? Seriously?

Show me where I said he'd been 'out schemed' his whole career. And not post 67 where you assume that was what I was alluding to, whilst taking it totally out of context.

Reading comprehension is your friend ..... Comprende?

Hail.

Lol, you guys said he's been out schemed his whole career, it was an exaggeration both of you seem quite willing to back off.

If I may butt in:

They may have exaggerated a bit, but I think you're actually exaggerating their exaggeration. I don't even know if I spelled exaggeration correctly.

Obviously, he hasn't been outschemed his entire career.

He has had some games that he called and schemed quite well. I think the point is, although not in the wording, but implied, "there's a trend that he's been outschemed for a good portion of his NFL career". But I may be stepping out of line.

Archived