Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor: Morris to be DC in Tenneesse

German_skin

I never understood how Morris got so popular on here. Regardless of talent, his unit isn't really performing well at all outside of D-Hall's INTS.

I wouldn't care either way if he left or stayed

I think the feeling here is that "anyone but Haslett" and Raheem fits that nicely.

But what about the rumors that morris schemed our best defensive efforts this yr NO an philly?? Word was Has was supposed show he could call his own schemes....There is a reason all the players rave about morris, if he did scheme those games then I'm ok with him coaching our D.

0% Marvin Lewis gets fired, the bengals are easily making the playoffs this year.

I guess the Bengals standards are pretty low (undertandably). It's not like the Chargers when they fired Marty after a 14-2 season (or because he didn't get along with the GM) and they resort to hiring Norv. :ols:

But what about the rumors that morris schemed our best defensive efforts this yr NO an philly?? Word was Has was supposed show he could call his own schemes....There is a reason all the players rave about morris, if he did scheme those games then I'm ok with him coaching our D.

I heard the reason was Haslett met with each DB individually and talked about what they expected and what was expected of them, schemes, way-forward.

This guy isn't any good. His players quit on him in Tampa

Disagree, varying degrees of the reason that he failed in Tampa.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/article1208797.ece

TAMPA — A 10-game losing streak, the worst defense in team history and an offense that watched the ball drop more times than Dick Clark on New Year's Eve ultimately cost Bucs coach Raheem Morris and his entire staff their jobs Monday.

But it was the unexpected success with the youngest team in the NFL last season, and the expectations that resulted, that may have been Morris' undoing.

Bucs co-chairman Joel Glazer and general manager Mark Dominik each admitted in a joint news conference Monday they should have added a few more veterans through free agency after the team went 10-6 in 2010.

"If you look back, you can say, 'Gee, maybe we should've added some more veterans,' " Glazer said. "… But then you can also look back and say well, we were 10-6, a young team that was going in the right direction. Do you want to go too far in that direction?

"In these situations it is not just one person. Everyone has to take some responsibility for the results of the season, whether it is the owners, general manager, players — the entire organization. You cannot hide from your part in the situation."

---------- Post added November-29th-2012 at 09:16 AM ----------

Dan Graziano on twitter (NFC East Beat writer):

Dan Graziano

@espn_nfceast

Far as I know, that's the plan. RT @WaveJam: @espn_nfceast Dan… Does Haslett stay in DC in 2013?

Take it for what its worth. But :doh:

Yeah and he probably has the out he needs with the lack of talent in the secondary being his savior. Shanahan I think hates change and really wants Haz to succeed. I think I would like to see a change just for accountability purposes.

Dan Graziano on twitter (NFC East Beat writer):

Dan Graziano

@espn_nfceast

Far as I know, that's the plan. RT @WaveJam: @espn_nfceast Dan… Does Haslett stay in DC in 2013?

Take it for what its worth. But :doh:

..... Yeah and he probably has the out he needs with the lack of talent in the secondary being his savior. Shanahan I think hates change and really wants Haz to succeed. I think I would like to see a change just for accountability purposes.

If that is indeed the plan, and the realistic expectation is for the team to be at least contending for post-season play in your 4 (and by contending I don't mean sneaking in with an around .500 record due to the poor state of the rest of the division); then Shanahan is a bigger fool than I give him credit for and would be walking an incredibly thin tightrope.

As exceptional as Robert is, it's totally unrealistic to think he can keep pace when a Haslett lead D patently can not.

That to me would just be a complete waste of the first two years of 10's career. Which is very hard to accept that a man would keep his job after that.

Hail.

If that is indeed the plan, and the realistic expectation is for the team to be at least contending for post-season play in your 4 (and by contending I don't mean sneaking in with an around .500 record due to the poor state of the rest of the division); then Shanahan is a bigger fool than I give him credit for and would be walking an incredibly thin tightrope.

As exceptional as Robert is, it's totally unrealistic to think he can keep pace when a Haslett lead D patently can not.

That to me would just be a complete waste of the first two years of 10's career. Which is very hard to accept that a man would keep his job after that.

Hail.

Are you honestly suggesting that Haslett could hold this team back from being in contention? Haslett isn't going to make chicken salad our of chicken ****, but he's not going to be the reason a team doesn't make the playoffs either. I will never understand how the hatred for Haslett got so out of control on this website.

What other defensive coordinators have held back playoff teams? And of how much talent did they have?

To incorporate some OF points, what percentage value do you think the DC has on the outcome of the game? 10, 15?

This D period, along with a serious lack of O-line talent will hold what Robert does back until both are fixed Mahons. Fixing the D has been set back even further thanks to the underhand, colluding, gutless **** who co-owns Mondays opponents it's true. But what follows is more of a hindrance than an advantage .....

The career average, uninventive, predictable Jim Haslett. The face of that D.

So yes, in large part, he'll continue to hold what Robert does, and ergo this team, back.

Hail.

I hear that Gruden asked for total control at Tennessee and didn't get it. They've moved on. I hear they are taking a strong look at Petrino.

I don't believe that Raheem is going anywhere. Bruce and Danny like him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get promoted to DC, but I wouldn't be surprised if we brought in Rivera either.

Edit to add: Yes, I mean Ron Rivera. :) And it's actually Auburn that is taking a look at Petrino. I think Al Golden will leave Da U for the HC gig at Tennessee.

Mahons21 the hate for Haz got out of control because for several weeks fans watched our DC get out schemed an fail to make adjustments in games....

and then they checked his record... and it's been happening to him throughout his coaching life.

I hear that Gruden asked for total control at Tennessee and didn't get it. They've moved on. I hear they are taking a strong look at Petrino.

I don't believe that Raheem is going anywhere. Bruce and Danny like him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get promoted to DC, but I wouldn't be surprised if we brought in Rivera either.

Rivera was a mis-cast as the DC in Philly, he was moved from the Offensive side if I remember correctly.

Rivera was a mis-cast as the DC in Philly, he was moved from the Offensive side if I remember correctly.

I think he meant Ron Rivera. Current head coach of the Panthers, former bad ass DC for the Chargers and member of the '85 Bears defense.

---------- Post added November-29th-2012 at 08:47 PM ----------

Don't ruin a good myth DC man.

Hail.

Just call me fact check... I'm really in a good mood, too, not sure why I seem so snappy tonight. I had a good, long run after work. Just taken back by some of the stuff I've seen today I guess, lol.

Whoops, thanks DC, big diff there, lol.

I would totally take Rivera over Romeo, too. That seems like more of a latteral move for our defense. I mean, sure Crennel is a 3-4 guy, but just think of what Rivera would do with Orakpo, Kerrigan, and our Mikes. Scary. Especially since he'll likely have a lead to protect!

Total aside, but that still remains my dream to see the top level personnel for a 'Skins 46 D like the '85 Bears.

I continue to live in hope. But I digress, back to Morris .....

Hail.

We all do, haha. I was listening to radio on the drive home today and heard that Auburn visited Chris Pederson (Boise State) and sent Bo Jackson to visit (Louisville) and Raheem is on the list for their defensive coordinator just because he was mentioned at Tennessee. Could all be subterfouge in the great SEC arms race, though.

Archived