Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 Southeast Division Champions Caps Vs. Rangers

ixcuincle

Oh please, Ovi isn't going to retire anytime soon. He wants a Cup and wants to be considered one of the all-time greats. He knows that doesn't happen if he goes back to Russia.

He may not go back to Russia but he may lose his patience enough request a trade or demand one.  He's not gonna get a Cup with Mcphee or atleast this Mcphee.  Why should he waste his talents with a team that refuses to give him any help?  With a GM who refuses to accept something is seriously wrong when his players can't provide their star help in the playoffs thus he gets shut down by double teams?  The guy has carried the Caps long enough.  If they can't give him help let him go somewhere where he can get his Cup or seal legacy.  I'm tired of watching Ovi sit there every playoffs with his head as we're eliminated because he does all he can while the rest of the team snoozes like hell.  Ovi owes the Caps nothing.  He brought the excitement back to DC.  He filled Verizon Center and caused it to become a hockey town.  Please tell me what about this roster or any of our recent moves points to Ovi having a legit chance at winning a Cup here?  Laich as a 2C or Frosberg getting traded for peanuts?  Face it Ovi will sit here in DC and waste the rest of his career as a Cap(while gathering some individual awards).  Glad we wasted one of the most talented players in history.

Also I'm not scared at all. 

Penguins - regular season prowess, choke in playoffs though

Flyers - didn't make playoffs

Devils - didn't make playoffs, lost Kovy 

Rangers - okay team

Islanders - young team

Carolina - bad

Blue Jackets - good young team

Could finish top 3, we have a good chance to compete in this division. It's harder than the SE for sure but it's winnable

I won't say that the team will be Metro division champs, I think it's too hard for them to do so when they have Pitt in their division. And Pitt owns the regular season, they just have a problem running into hotter teams in the playoffs, when their overrated defense gets exposed. 

There's too much talent on the Caps for them to finish last, or 2nd to last. 

Also I'm not scared at all. 

Penguins - regular season prowess, choke in playoffs though

Flyers - didn't make playoffs

Devils - didn't make playoffs, lost Kovy 

Rangers - okay team

Islanders - young team

Carolina - bad

Blue Jackets - good young team

Could finish top 3, we have a good chance to compete in this division. It's harder than the SE for sure but it's winnable

Carolina is not "bad". They were injured last year, missing Ward and 4 defensmen for almost half the year. If they stay healthy, they will score with anyone in the division. D is their question. Rangers also will play an uptempo style now, and with the horses they have will score quite a bit more. No more of this max protect, try to block every shot and crowd the defensive zone BS Torts loved. Flyers signed Vinny, and have some serious offense. Same with Isles and Pens. Hmmm, imagine that. League transitioning to a run-n-gun league. If only GMGM hadn't **** his pants and let Bruce continue playing hair on fire hockey.....

Hmmm, imagine that. League transitioning to a run-n-gun league. If only GMGM hadn't **** his pants and let Bruce continue playing hair on fire hockey.....

Adam Oates is definitely not the problem with this team.

Hmmm, imagine that. League transitioning to a run-n-gun league. If only GMGM hadn't **** his pants and let Bruce continue playing hair on fire hockey.....

Never said he was. But we would be 3 years ahead of the rest of the league with this new style of play.

Never said he was. But we would be 3 years ahead of the rest of the league with this new style of play.

agree....gmgm loves grinders he couldnt stand to see face pace offense.  the next move the caps make needs to be firing him..his conservative approach to everything is killing this team and wasting ovies talent

I won't say that the team will be Metro division champs, I think it's too hard for them to do so when they have Pitt in their division. And Pitt owns the regular season, they just have a problem running into hotter teams in the playoffs, when their overrated defense gets exposed. 

There's too much talent on the Caps for them to finish last, or 2nd to last. 

Being talented doesn't mean much.  It took Ovi's ridic streak of awesomeness to turn us around in the Southeast Division.  You watch we'll get creamed in this division.  And if we put a Metro division banner if we do win it so help me god.

The three teams in the division I see being better than us are Pittsburgh, Rangers, and possibly the Islanders.  Islanders COULD be a toss-up, so maybe we can finish as the 3rd best.  I just don't have a lot of confidence in this team in the new division as I did when we were in the SE. 

The three teams in the division I see being better than us are Pittsburgh, Rangers, and possibly the Islanders.  Islanders COULD be a toss-up, so maybe we can finish as the 3rd best.  I just don't have a lot of confidence in this team in the new division as I did when we were in the SE. 

As long as Fleury is still with Pitt and Bylsma puts his confidence behind MAF, he'll continue to be lit up. MAF in my opinion has lost his game 

So....what do you all think of our new division name? I think it's horrible. Sounds like a Division II basketball conference.

You do realize there was a D1 conference called the Metro Conference right? (VCU,VT, Georgetown,Louisville,etc use to play in it)

Yes. My alma mater Memphis Tigers were a part of that while I was in college. GTown was never in that conference. Sounded cheesy then and sounds cheesy now.

• 3 weeks later...

Why haven't we signed Grabovski to a 1 year deal yet?

Doesn't look like we've done anything. Standing pat, the GMGM way!

Its a sad thing I am not even excited to for the upcoming season to start in a month and a half..
I would have been excited if we didn't trade away Forsberg for Erat and as a result had money to re-sign Ribeiro.

Archived