Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 Southeast Division Champions Caps Vs. Rangers

ixcuincle

GMGM says UFA is too risky and expensive. Would rather move guys at deadline. Hey genius, you are payed to make smart moves in FA. MOVES being the key word. Crabb. Wolski. Those were our big FA last year. This year? Not a damn thing.

But what GMGM doesn't realize is, all the moves that he's made over the years at the dealine have been garbage with the exception of Federov.  I mean, I don't want to go out and sign guys like the Redskins used to, but I see Boston, Chicago, Pittsburgh and even Dallas making trades.  Three of those are title contenders and they aren't standing pat.  Meanwhile back at the laugh factory called Kettler.....

We have a ridiculous talent in Ovechkin on the roster and we're flat out wasting his prime years by not fielding a decent team.  Say what you want about Ray Shero and Pittsburgh, they at least TRY to be aggressive in both FA and at the trade deadline.  I'm going to be beyond pissed if nothing is done to the roster and we essentially roll w/ the same group of guys that we ended the season with. 

We need a 2C. A big, physical 2C. Roy, Antropov, SOMEONE. Brooks Laich is not a C. MoJo is not a C. MattyP is not a 2C. Hell, Ribeiro is better than moving Laich back to C. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I am 100% confident that I could do a better job in FA than GMGM does. It isn't that hard. 

Our "trades" that work out so much better than FA are the trade that netted us Laich, and the Federov trade. That is it, really. The FA signings that didn't work out? Your bargain basement reclamation projects. 

The stupid Jagr deal and contract, along with the Robert Lang deal in 2003, has made Ted gun shy.

GMGM is a boob, but lets not forget about the real guy calling the shots, and that is Ted Leonsis. Had the Caps not lucked into Ovechkin a decade ago, his reputation would be far below the worst of what Dan Snyder got

I've said before that Leonsis is a bumbling idiot. Like so many others in the dot com boom era, he really lucked into his fortune in a company with a business model that proved unsustainable. Since then, it seems everything he touches turns to crap. Not at all a fan of the guy.

Phoenix ended up signing Ribiero to a 4 year deal. 

Good.  So he can suck.

4 yrs/$22M for Ribeiro in Phoenix. $5.5M cap hit for Ribeiro, more than Vinny got! WTF is wrong with Phoenix???

Yup.  Waaaay too much.

Anyone who still says that Ribeiro is a team guy after that can go ahead and kiss my ass. lol

Filppula Gets $5M per? Maybe GMGM knew what he was talking about? That hurt my throat to say. But this money is getting ludicrous.

At the end of the day the team we have ain't gonna cut it though.  Hell we can forget about playoffs right now.  Even if we get there we'll probably get crushed.

Down goes Scott Hannon.  So much for that.

There was probably zero chance he was leaving San Jose anyways. After trading for him, he paired up with Brad Stuart to form a pretty good shutdown line. 

He would have been a solid add for the Caps though. 

He was a couple of years ago... McPhee is such a tool.  Don't know why we didn't re-sign him.

Nik Antropov is still out there.  Just saying.

My original plan for the offseason was re-sign Alzner, sign Hannon, and sign Antropov.  We'll see if we can get two out of three.

Seems to me Mcphee is just banking on Kuznetsov coming over at some point. I don't think that alone is going to solve all this team's problems.

Yes.  And even if we get to the second round with Kuznetsov, it'll be someone else's fault that we didn't go further.  Not that the rest of his roster is garbage comparatively. 

Kuz won't get here until March at the earliest, and that's ONLY if Traktor doesn't make the KHL playoffs.

At this point I'll settle for someone like Jarome Iginla if they don't over pay for a year or two. Second line of Erat-Laich-Iginla

I'm reaching for anything at this point.

Boston is sniffing Iginla ironically, lol

They need to replace Horton now.

Archived