Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 Southeast Division Champions Caps Vs. Rangers

ixcuincle

Malkin extended with Penguins.

@russianmachine 9:39 AM
The Penguins will spend 28.3% of their salary on two players that have missed 32.7% of the last four seasons.

Wow.  Initially I thought they'd come up with the money for him, but the last couple of weeks I was waining a bit.  I think that's an "upset" for a lot of fanbases around the league.  This, some other moves that they need to make, and Lemiuex not getting his way with Bylsma should make for an interesting year.

EDIT:  How about Neuvy to Phoenix for Martin Hanzal?

Malkin extended with Penguins.

@russianmachine 9:39 AM
The Penguins will spend 28.3% of their salary on two players that have missed 32.7% of the last four seasons.

Wow.  Initially I thought they'd come up with the money for him, but the last couple of weeks I was waining a bit.  I think that's an "upset" for a lot of fanbases around the league.  This, some other moves that they need to make, and Lemiuex not getting his way with Bylsma should make for an interesting year.

EDIT:  How about Neuvy to Phoenix for Martin Hanzal?

The perception seems to be Byelsma screwed everything and Shero walks on water but I don't think it's that simple because there are major flaw in the roster.The last two season they've been eliminated by teams with very good two way forwards, something which the Pens have very little of. Don't even get me started on the defensemen.

Alzner is a must resign, as he's our best DMan and the closest thing we have to a lockdown defender.. The rest can walk as far as I'm concerned. Mojo has speed but turns the puck over too much and can't finish chances. I like Ribby but he's inconsistent and will cost a lot. The rest are just guys.

Great job OVI!

Now get this man some help McPhee.  You are wasting his prime like so many other teams have wasted their super stars...

Sack up, and get it done.  Let's go men.  Get a good offseason together.

The golf went overtime

They have it on NBCSN which everybody gets so just watch it there

A lot of ppl don't have cable so they can't watch

That's why the SB, the Finals, and the WS are on FOX, CBS, NBC, ABC. 

NBC clearly doesn't value hockey that much. I think it's only going to get worse with the BPL coming too

Also, overtime had nothing to do with it. It was already decided that it was going to be on NBCSN

Well, well, let's put that MVP trophy up in the rafters with all the SE Division Champs banners, the President's trophy banners and the Mystics attendance banners.  It will fit right in.

At least make it a little more clear who the culprit is, PJ.  :)  I am as frustrated as anyone, but is Ovi to blame or is it the GM for handing him poopoo for team mates?

Well, well, let's put that MVP trophy up in the rafters with all the SE Division Champs banners, the President's trophy banners and the Mystics attendance banners.  It will fit right in.

This gets old. Guess we should tell those idiots in Detroit to take down their division champion banners and Presidents Trophy banner. 

This gets old. Guess we should tell those idiots in Detroit to take down their division champion banners and Presidents Trophy banner. 

Playing DA, they could and their numerous SC banners would look just fine.

I'm not mad at Ovi for winning it as much as I'm just ashamed at how fans are using it to somehow prove superiority over Pit, Ny, etc. I've been seeing it non-stop the last few days and it's ****ing pathetic.

I'm not mad at Ovi for winning it as much as I'm just ashamed at how fans are using it to somehow prove superiority over Pit, Ny, etc. I've been seeing it non-stop the last few days and it's ****ing pathetic.

I haven't seen any of this?  None of the blogs I subscribe to and none of my friends or family...

I'm sure most fans know that we stunk it up in the playoffs and we didn't have the depth to compete this year (which makes the Forsberg trade that much worse...).  So just out of curiousity, where did you see this?

We should celebrate Ovie. He's an all-time great. How often are we gonna get a 3 time league MVP? Yeah we didn't win a Cup, that sucks, and without a Cup his career will be a little short of the Gretzkys and Lemieuxs, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't celebrate the greatness that is Alex Ovechkin.

At least make it a little more clear who the culprit is, PJ.  :)  I am as frustrated as anyone, but is Ovi to blame or is it the GM for handing him poopoo for team mates?

I disagree that the team is poo poo.  The cast may be mismanaged, but we have some very good players on the roster and Ovie is the captain and should be able to lift his teamates past the 2nd round.  Not saying it's all his fault, but I'm just not excited for another Hart trophy. Been there, done that.

Yes, they too put division banners and president's trophy banners in their rafters along side their 11 "Stanley Cup Champs" banners.

I haven't seen any of this?  None of the blogs I subscribe to and none of my friends or family...

I'm sure most fans know that we stunk it up in the playoffs and we didn't have the depth to compete this year (which makes the Forsberg trade that much worse...).  So just out of curiousity, where did you see this?

The hub of scum and villainy called social media.

I searched through tagged tweets as well as comments on press releases. It was embarrassing, As well as a few on sites such as HF Boards

Archived