Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 Southeast Division Champions Caps Vs. Rangers

ixcuincle

As long as the player is the total package, I don't care where he played previously to be honest with you.

I'm with Ron, here.  Vinny  is the total package and can also play on the PP effectively.

So, if I were GMGM this is what I would do:

Go all in on Vinny

Amnesty Jeff Shultz

Sign Douglas Murray

Re-sign Alzner

Laich-Backtrom-Ovie

Erat-Vinny-Brouwer

Fehr-Perrault-Ward

Wilson-Beagle-Chimera

Reserves: Volpatti

Green-Alzner

Murray-Carlson

Oleksey-Orlov

Reserves: Erskine-Hillen

Holtby

Neuvy

Let Hendricks and MoJo walk.

That second like looks weird. I know Brouwer can score goals but I'm just up in the air with the finish of a like like that. I'd love more scoring talent on the second line than that but I just don't know where it could come from.

I do agree though. A healthy Liach deserves to be on the first line with Ovie... if he can stand his general laziness and lack of work ethic.

Laich on the 1st line is a joke.

Come on guys

I think Liach on the first line is better than anyone we've had there... ever.

Liach is a worker. Liach will get in the corners. Liach will do the dirty work better than anyone else who has ever played on that line. He can skate, he can pass, he can score in occasion. He's like Knuble but faster and more skilled.

Ovechkin deserves better. GMGM is a fraud. Ovechkin has made him look good for years. If the Caps don't make any moves to improve the team this year can you really blame him if he goes back to Russia or demands a trade? When I think of blunders like the Erat trade or the Joel Ward contract, I truly believe that most armchair GMs could do a better job. And that's just the tip of the iceberg with that loser.

I will never understand the amount of hate Ovechkin gets from some Caps fans. He is the best thing to ever happen to this moribund franchise.

GMGM is an awful GM. I think everyone on this board agrees.

That does not excuse Ovechkin's issues. He can be a lazy player, especially in the defensive zone. He doesn't go into the tough spots in the offensive zone. His board work is sub-par. For an offensive juggernaut, he lacks the offensive play that keeps the play alive in the zone.

He was once a player that others wanted to come here and play with. As somebody who plays the game, I would be frustrated as hell playing along side of Ovechkin. I hate floaters. I hate players who just follow along looking for their time to shine. If you aren't giving it your all, all the time, I'm upset. That is no way to play hockey. That is no way to win championships.

Ask Pavel Datsyuk, a Russian who plays the game the right way.

Pope, I'd get a GMGM tattoo on the cheek of his choice (and he has four to choose from) if he pulled that offseason off.

Ron, heard today that we have interest in Vinny (in terms of the coaches... not yet the GM).  How much of a nightmare would it be for the rest of the division when we get Kuzya here after the Olympics with the rest of that squad up there in popeman's post?

Sacrifices have to be made.  Let's make some smart decisions here and get better.  Sounds easy enough to me.

BTW, how about Crawford at parade today?  LMAO... how many was he down?  I wonder if he even remembers that?  LOL.  I laughed for about 10 minutes.  If the Caps pull it out one of these days that'll be me on the mike right before I'm arrested, lol.

That does not excuse Ovechkin's issues. He can be a lazy player, especially in the defensive zone. He doesn't go into the tough spots in the offensive zone. His board work is sub-par. For an offensive juggernaut, he lacks the offensive play that keeps the play alive in the zone.

He was once a player that others wanted to come here and play with. As somebody who plays the game, I would be frustrated as hell playing along side of Ovechkin. I hate floaters. I hate players who just follow along looking for their time to shine. If you aren't giving it your all, all the time, I'm upset. That is no way to play hockey. That is no way to win championships.

Pavel Datsyuk? Why is that guy overrated by so many. He's a great piece for sure, but is he really top tier?

Ovi has been playing since 05-06. He has 371 regular season goals.

Datasyuk, granted a great two way forward, has been playing since the 01-02 season? He has 255 goals. He's nowhere near Ovechkin tier. Considering the era he plays in, I am of the opinion that Ovechkin is the second best goal scorer of all time.

Nobody surpasses the Great One.

Penguins fans can get that Mario **** out of here. There's Gretzky, then everyone else.

DC9 - not to mention the leadership Vinny would bring. 

To me (if we had the funds), getting Lecavalier would be a no-brainer. 

He's like a bigger Brooks Laich type player.  Lots of smarts and heart and he can play on the PP, PK, and is good both ways. 

Pavel Datsyuk? Why is that guy overrated by so many. He's a great piece for sure, but is he really top tier?

Ovi has been playing since 05-06. He has 371 regular season goals.

Datasyuk, granted a great two way forward, has been playing since the 01-02 season. He has 255 goals. He's nowhere near Ovechkin tier. Considering the era he plays in, I am of the opinion that Ovechkin is the second best goal scorer of all time.

Nobody surpasses the Great One.

Penguins fans can get that Mario **** out of here. There's Gretzky, then everyone else.

Yeah, Datsyuk is a great two way player. He's won a bunch of trophies on that alone. He also has multiple championships. He's made the playoffs numerous times. He plays a position that is incredibly more difficult than wing (IMO, center is the hardest position in the sport). I'll take Datayuk over Backstrom 10 days out of 10. He is the total package.

I don't expect Datayuk to be the prolific goal scorer that Oveckin is. I do expect Ovechkin to have some sort of responsibility when he doesn't have the puck though... And that is not "let me get open to score".

Don't get me wrong though, I love Ovechkin. I think he's great. This team and GMGM own him nothing though. He's had his share of lapses and they are well documented. If he is to be great, he has to live up to it.

Also, there is nobody second to Lemieux. Gretzky is #1, Limeux #2... end of story. Not even close. You can try and fit Hull or Jagr in there somewhere but it just isn't even on that level.

Not going to quote the above as it is a mess on an iPad.

The Caps only owe Ovechkin $$$. He does owe them good effort for the $$$; however, if he desires what he believes to be greener pastures in Russia, he owes the Caps nothing. He can just bounce. Or demand a trade.

If Ovechkin leaves for Russia I will lose all respect for him as a player. 100%.

He knows that though.

If he demands a trade, then it is all on GMGM.

Either way, he needs to man the **** up and win us a championship.

It takes a team. Ovechkin has been a playoff performer. His team not so much. GMGM needs to man the **** up.

If Ovechkin leaves for Russia I will lose all respect for him as a player. 100%.

He knows that though.

It takes a team. Ovechkin has been a playoff performer. His team not so much. GMGM needs to man the **** up.

Again, GMGM imneeds to go.

Ovechkin did nothing the last playoffs. GMGM needs to bring in talent to sureound him, of course. That said, it will mean bringing in a playoff savior. Somebody who steps up when Ovechkin can't. To be a true playoff performer you need to perform when all else can't. He hasn't shown that to me.

A lot will be shown next season. I'm. Looking forward to it. I hope GMGm's team of glorified grinders isn't too beat up for the regular season.

He knows that though.

Again, GMGM imneeds to go.

Ovechkin did nothing the last playoffs. GMGM needs to bring in talent to sureound him, of course. That said, it will mean bringing in a playoff savior. Somebody who steps up when Ovechkin can't. To be a true playoff performer you need to perform when all else can't. He hasn't shown that to me.

A lot will be shown next season. I'm. Looking forward to it. I hope GMGm's team of glorified grinders isn't too beat up for the regular season.

He didn't put up numbers against the Rangers because their whole game plan was to stop #8. They were daring anybody else to step up. Nobody did. I am of the opinion that if someone did, things would have opened up for Ovechkin.

Don't forget the Caps getting hosed in game 6 as well. 5-0 PP disparity. Does anybody want to argue that the Rangers didn't commit a single infraction? The Caps just aren't one of Bettman's favorite teams.

Any team will pile on Ovechkin. The Rangers are the least of my worries. Any team they face will triple team him. He, as a great, needs to defeat that.

Penalties be damned... don't blame it on them. A strong team defeats the refs. I'm sure the Blackhawks had to... I'm sure the Bruins did as well. Can't blame it on that. Even though I'm on your side.

Any team will pile on Ovechkin. The Rangers are the least of my worries. Any team they face will triple team him. He, as a great, needs to defeat that.

Penalties be damned... don't blame it on them. A strong team defeats the refs. I'm sure the Blackhawks had to... I'm sure the Bruins did as well. Can't blame it on that. Even though I'm on your side.

Why should a strong team have to defeat the refs? The best team should only have to beat the other team. I get what you're saying, but if the rules are arbitrary the whole construct of the game collapses.

Archived