Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 Southeast Division Champions Caps Vs. Rangers

ixcuincle

Still haven't re-signed Marcus Johannsen yet. It'll be funny if he walks.

McPhee is a true derp.

hope he walks. Clears up close to $2M in salary and offers the 1st line LW to someone who can finish layups from the star RW. MoJo literally cost Ovie 10 A last year. And blew no fewer than 5 layups against the Rangers in the playoffs.

Still haven't re-signed Marcus Johannsen yet. It'll be funny if he walks.

McPhee is a true derp.

He's rumored to be on the trade block.  

Johansson could be relatively valuble as a trade chip.  He's only 22, has improved his scoring every year, and should continue to increase productivity as he gains strength and experience.  He'll probably be a 60-80 pt player within a few years.

I still think McPhee is looking to add Grabovski and is taking his time to free up the cap space in order to do it.

I wouldn't be upset if he walked. Anyone who's followed my posts knows that I'm not the biggest fan of MJ.

That would put us even further behind the 8 ball though. We would be out a center and a winger. Something needs to happen soon because we are running out of time before camp starts.

There's no way MJ walks. A trade is possible, but there's no way GMGM just lets him go for nothing. As much as I hate his lack of physicality, he's a great skater, brings youth and skill to the table, and has lots of room to grow. A lot of teams will value that. A 21 year old forward who's already a 40-60 pt player could net the Caps a 4th solid defensemen.

I'm a huge Timmy Thomas fan. The guy is looking for a team. Any chance we give the guy a job? I think he'd be an upgrade.

Thomas would be a bad value-signing for us. We've got a goalie with a bright future in front of him on a very cap-friendly contract in Braden Holtby. We could use a 2C, Top-6 LW, or a Top-4 Left-handed Defenseman, but I think it would be a waste to spend that money on a Goaltender considering what we already have in the organization.

Apparently something is brewing with the Grabo signing here in DC:

Neil Greenberg @ngreenberg 8m

Belarus TV: "Grabs -> WSH today." His agent: "client still making decision" and "hopes resolution by weekend" I know which I am going with.

JapersRink @JapersRink 7m

Because maybe it's relevant, our take from early July on why Grabovski would be a great fit in D.C. http://ow.ly/oaL3W

Neil Greenberg @ngreenberg 4m

Per @capgeek, #Caps w/ $5.6mil in cap space w/o Johansson (who I think gets ~$2mil). Leave ~$3mil to sign Grabovski w/o making another move

Sky Kerstein @SkyKerstein 4m

I'm told the #Caps have no plans to make any announcement of any kind today...stay tuned

Neil Greenberg @ngreenberg 3m

If you can't trust a tweet about something seen/heard on Belarus TV, what *can* you trust??

Sky Kerstein @SkyKerstein 2m

#Caps Oates 7/8 on Laich @ 2C "I think no question in my mind he can do that job...for me I just want to see him healthy, get some games in"

Sky Kerstein @SkyKerstein 1m

#Caps GMGM on 7/8 "Our roster is pretty much full...we don't anticipate doing much more if anything"

Sky Kerstein @SkyKerstein 59s

#Caps GMGM on 7/8 said Laich was their 2nd line center

What I just posted on HF:

Just watching a few YouTube videos of him and I like him. Good hockey sense, nose for the crease, can handle the puck well and seems to have an effective wrist shot. Saw a lot of dirty goals like tip ins and redirections that win close hockey games.

These are highlight videos of course...

Archived