Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alfred Morris needs a cool nickname

Commander PK

He reminds of Pinball Clemons (of Toronto Argonaut fame). Small little compact body, hits the hole hard and keeps his legs churning... runs people over or bounces off would-be tacklers.

I hate the infatuation of Skins fans having to have a nickname for everything. We`ve been a bunch of losers as a franchise for the last 20 years... but with the amount of nicknames we`ve been throwing around players here you`d think we`d have actually accomplished something/anything.

He clearly should be called Pennyworth. The reason is four-fold.

1) He is worth every penny

2) He is a tremendous value to us

3) He drives a $1,300 car

4) Bruce Wayne's butler/loyal friend/partner is Alfred Pennyworth. Griffin is clearly Bruce Wayne/Batman

Maybe I need to wake up more...

Edit: Glad I am not the only nerd to make a Batman reference...

I thought that "The Butler" was already his nickname.

And it works, because when he scores he can say something like "You've been served."

And if Alfred is the Butler, does that make RGIII Batman?

Because RGIII is totally Batman.

This is what I thought we all agreed on

I agree with those that nicknames are kind of organic and just happen from teammates or those close to the player. Who was the last player with a nickname that came from the fanbase? I'm honestly curious.

Not from the Redskins but the Nats' Roger Bernadina got the name "Shark" from a couple of guys who came up with it out nowhere:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/how-roger-bernadina-became-the-shark/2011/06/30/AGf8RxrH_blog.html

Archived