Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alfred Morris needs a cool nickname

Commander PK

I like AlMo. Partly because I'm pretty certain I'm the first to ever use the phrase "Tackle Me AlMo" :)

This is my thought as well. Love the way this kid runs & think he may be a tremendous asset in the red zone.

---------- Post added August-26th-2012 at 09:19 AM ----------

Ha....this just gave me my fantasy team name idea....Tackle Me Almo.

How bout the "Salad Tosser" cause when he keeps his feet churning on the turf, looks like he's tossing a salad.

And on plays where he has a pack of lead blockers on an outside run he'll look like a caboose on a train. And the announcer will be all "Look at Salad Tosser getting all up in that caboose.".

Honestly, I have to agree with everyone who thinks that nicknames shouldn't be forced AND it's waaaaaaaaaaay too early for this conversation.

Why are people so fascinated with nicknames anyway? I don't get it. I mean, yes, it personalizes the player & makes it easier for the fanbase to relate to them, but honestly, it doesn't mean that we know them any better. If a player comes out of college into the League with a nickname, that's one thing, especially if it sticks (like, Honey Badger). But to try to force a nickname on a player (a Rookie, at that) 4 weeks into the season? It's just silly to me.

some people have no sense of humor...nicknames are fun. The beauty of being a fan means you get to have fun. We won Sunday...I'm happy. The guy is not going to stop trucking people just because we give him (or don't) a goofy nickname. I'm as serious a fan as they come, but sometimes it's ok to be loose and just goof in the moment.

Have things been so bad for so long we have forgotten how to do this? Take "Griffining" for example. Some people got all up in arms over that. I think it's funny.

Archived