Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Movies that you know to be objectively awful, but you like them anyway

Predicto

Rocky IV

You think Rocky IV is awful? I thought that was one of the few Sly movies I didn't have to make excuses for loving.

Total Recall is on TBS and as I'm typing this, Arnold is pulling a tracking beacon out of his nose with one of those grabber tools plumbers use. A super high tech tracker Arnold was able to foil by making a turban out of a wet towel. They just don't make 'em like that any more.

Demolition Man count?

I could still watch this over and over. Wesley Snipes as the blonde psychopath. I think besides trying to kill each other, they were trying to see who could get the most awesome one-liners in. "You're on tv" as Snipes is beating on Stallone with a television.

Kung Fu Hustle, if it hasn't already been mentioned

Skn4lyf21, I quoted you in agreement, but momentarily forgot about the "But I like them anyway" part of the thread title. I may have enjoyed maybe 3-4 out of the seemingly hundreds of downright cruel and unusually punishing Nic Cage movies. I think you are alone (in a very cold, dark room) on that one.

Total Recall is on TBS as I'm typing this, Arnold is pulling a tracking beacon out of his nose with one of those grabber tools plumbers use. A super high tech tracker [device, that] Arnold was able to foil by making a turban out of a wet towel. They just don't make 'em like that any more.

excellent post

"2 weeks"

---------- Post added September-23rd-2012 at 05:58 AM ----------

Oh! Heavenly Dog

Big Trouble in Little China

They Live

Commando

Running Man

Conan the Barbarian (not the new one)

Killer Klowns from Outter Space

Eight Legged Freaks

Desperado

Amazing list. I see you're an Arnold fan too. I thought the Conan with James Earl Jones was actually somewhat of a quality movie. Except for the camel and horse punching. And the awkwardly delivered lines and terrible sound editing, especially from his Asian sidekick. And the C list performances... nevermind.

The second one is gripping because of Grace Jones and Wilt Chamberlain alone. Wilt as a molester-ish villain? Fantastic.

Speaking of Grace Jones, I love A View To A Kill. Actually, let's just go ahead and add all of the 70's, 80's, and 90's Bond movies to the list, excluding the Spy Who Loved Me, The Living Daylights, License To Kill, and Goldeneye, which were actually good IMO.

Aeon Flux

Demolition Man

Judge Dredd

Total Recall (2012)

I think the new Total Recall is getting a raw deal being compared to the original, which is one of my favorite films of all time. People are forgetting how ridiculous, silly, and scientifically impossible the first was yet use those arguments against the new one. A legit issue is the over-use of lens flares...used properly two or three times is great, but not throughout the whole film and blinding the audience.

The Sword and the Sorcerer

Killer Klowns from Outer Space

Hardbodies

Super Fuzz

Hobo with a Shotgun

The Wraith

---------- Post added September-23rd-2012 at 10:03 AM ----------

Demolition Man is a good pick, as is just about any Brendan Fraser movie

What about Back To School? Dangerfield and Kinison lol... turrible though

I love Back to School lol.

Archived